Lime

m121c
2/4/2019 4:11pm
After this Saturday everyone will forget about lime. (Don’t just be a bunch of pushovers riders. Grow a set. Fight it. ) And If any of...
After this Saturday everyone will forget about lime. (Don’t just be a bunch of pushovers riders. Grow a set. Fight it. )

And If any of those ktm junior kids are burnt someone’s going down. won’t be the manufacturer. Will be the promoter....if My kid got burnt. I’d call Tim misny....

Removed names, but this was in the comments from the RacerX article.
tkimb
2/4/2019 4:17pm
Seeing the picture of Barcias face covered, I wonder how he's feeling.

The Shop

Jrewing
2/4/2019 5:15pm
Rupert X wrote:
What the Limeys did to Marvin’s 2020.5 KTM Factory Edition is unspeakable. Just look at it. Look at it, would you ? Just look at it...
What the Limeys did to Marvin’s 2020.5 KTM Factory Edition is unspeakable. Just look at it. Look at it, would you ? Just look at it...
So you also agree it improved it?
TeamGreen
2/4/2019 5:29pm
GuyB wrote:
What I’ve got out of this so far is that I have a couple new trolls that are inching their way toward the exit. We’ve seen...
What I’ve got out of this so far is that I have a couple new trolls that are inching their way toward the exit.

We’ve seen all the reports. The riders and mechanics have done a great job of voicing their concerns on social media. I also don’t think it’ll get ignored or glossed over.

This is not exactly new. We’ve seen it happen to bikes more than a few times in the past (going back ten years or more), but this is the first time I can remember riders complaining about burns.

I’ll be honest, after seeing all that I was a bit spooked when I opened my camwra bag this morning. Looks like everything came through unscathed there.

Generally, I have a pretty good idea of when it’s being used, as my eyes will get really dry. This time around, I’d guess it had to do with how much standing water there was on the track, which splashed onto everyone, and everything.
San Francisco...2008ish?

All the bikes got the "stains" pretty damn bad.
jeffro503
2/4/2019 6:05pm
Anton_514 wrote:
Here's one rider's account of what it feels like, what it destroyed on the bike, and what he has to do as a result. Sounds like...
Here's one rider's account of what it feels like, what it destroyed on the bike, and what he has to do as a result. Sounds like we should all expect more of a response from the sport through this week.

https://www.swapmotolive.com/home/2019/2/4/anonymous-racers-account-of-…
Wow! I just read that whole story. Pretty terrible thing to go through , and every one of them guy's are going through the same thing. I guess Feld is supposed to put out a statement tomorrow , so let's wait and see what they'll do to help these guys and the teams. Basically , the guy in the interview said that his bike is basically ruined , from top to bottom. That doesn't count all the burns he's dealing with.
gleanerman
2/4/2019 6:17pm
Whoever is responsible for this decision should be required to write up the job posting on motocrossjobs.com. I'd be curious if they worked for KTM or...
Whoever is responsible for this decision should be required to write up the job posting on motocrossjobs.com.

I'd be curious if they worked for KTM or Feld. I would think the KTM guys would know better not to trash 15 bikes for 100 yards of entertainment. Could Feld really force them to go through with it? Or did KTM fear the wrath of 50 parents? It's bizarre we don't have a fairly clear chain of command in this sport.
Csb146 wrote:
I heard the stadium announcer actually say they left the decision up to the parents and the parents said let the kids ride.
Don't they know that 50 parents are the craziest people on earth.
omalley
2/4/2019 6:24pm
TeamGreen wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/04/323247/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Big Bag, Little Bag, Truckload... Maybe take a nap or order a pizza. Doesn't really matter.

Big Bag, Little Bag, Truckload...

Maybe take a nap or order a pizza.

Doesn't really matter.
Yeah, but we don’t own the company, so we don’t know what we’re talking about...Laughing
TeamGreen
2/4/2019 6:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/04/323247/s1200_image.jpg[/img] Big Bag, Little Bag, Truckload... Maybe take a nap or order a pizza. Doesn't really matter.

Big Bag, Little Bag, Truckload...

Maybe take a nap or order a pizza.

Doesn't really matter.
omalley wrote:
Yeah, but we don’t own the company, so we don’t know what we’re talking about...Laughing
They don't even know what "type" of lime was used...
PEPE001
2/4/2019 6:37pm
This is getting ugly.
Somebody get sued!

Angry moms are not nice!
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3725th
2/4/2019 6:47pm
What are the chances that supercross actually unravels from all of this? Will this effect people’s ability to show up for minneapolis??
2/4/2019 6:55pm
Before everyone bashes the track builders ask yourself if you ever complained about track conditions? Obviously looking at things right now Lime is a horrible idea, but sending it off a rutted triple isn’t exactly safe. If the only issue was skin irritation, I would say “ Lime those faces”.

I am guessing this situation won’t be cheap for Feld, hoping they can work out a settlement with riders and teams, then use it as a learning experience. I do fear this might be a long drawn out class action suit with lawyers getting rich, hopefully some positive changes can come about as Feld and the racers need each other. This will be a defining moment in the history books, much like when the lights went out in Vegas.
gabrielito
2/4/2019 6:55pm
What are the chances that supercross actually unravels from all of this? Will this effect people’s ability to show up for minneapolis??
50/50
jstein639
2/4/2019 6:56pm
I was actually really worried about this. I don’t want to be an alarmist, but this seems like the type of thing that could irreparably damage a niche sport like supercross.
jeffro503
2/4/2019 6:58pm
I think every business ever created has it's pitfall's. Feld is a billion dollar company , that made a bad call ( whoever made the decision on putting that amount of Lime , and what kind of lime in the dirt ) probably wasn't thinking about what it might do , if the track became soup. They are going to put out a press statement tomorrow. Let's hope that they come clean and help these rider's and teams. I really hope they do , because you couldn't possibly mess up any worse.....and if they don't take care of thing's , it won't only look bad on them , but they'll end up having a bunch of court cases thrown at them. Which will be costly as well. Just my $0.02.
gabrielito
2/4/2019 6:59pm
jstein639 wrote:
I was actually really worried about this. I don’t want to be an alarmist, but this seems like the type of thing that could irreparably damage...
I was actually really worried about this. I don’t want to be an alarmist, but this seems like the type of thing that could irreparably damage a niche sport like supercross.
If Feld imploded from this then someone would fill the gap and keep it going. This is nothing compared to the Mickey Thompson murder.
2/4/2019 7:00pm
Jrewing wrote:
What a cock and balls situation. Luckily the Broto PR Dutch ruddering machine, aka the moto media will get to the bottom of this.. and then...
What a cock and balls situation. Luckily the Broto PR Dutch ruddering machine, aka the moto media will get to the bottom of this.. and then when it finds the bottom (Feld), they will give that bottom a good ol’ rim job, I’m sure!
So we just looked up “Dutch Rudder” at work - Laughing
It ain’t gay bro I’m just grabbing your arm ??
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
2/4/2019 7:00pm
Merica.. you bet they are getting sued. Feld, Dirt works, the lime supplier, The city, Ama, Joes bar & grill, etc..
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/4/2019 7:01pm
gabrielito wrote:
This might not end well for Feld.
Correct, this isn't going to end well. First off, the good news is (and believe it or not, it actually is good news), nobody died from this. The injuries are recoverable. Bikes can be fixed or replaced. It sucks but nobody died. Given the severity of the situation and some of the injuries as well as damaged bikes across the board, I would not be shocked if the races are postponed this coming weekend and the Atlanta races moved to the Easter (off) weekend. If OSHA gets involved, things could get shut down for more than just a week. This is very serious stuff folks. I'm here writing this just shaking my head. I can't wait to see the statement from Feld, get some popcorn.
oldblood
2/4/2019 7:01pm
I only meant to slow down the pitchfork crowd.
Concert tours for musicians have been canceled for much less.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
321st
2/4/2019 7:10pm
jstein639 wrote:
I was actually really worried about this. I don’t want to be an alarmist, but this seems like the type of thing that could irreparably damage...
If Feld doesn't step up in a major way (as in BIG $$ to the riders and teams), then they are f'cked. They already might be F'kd. At this point, I'm 100% certain attorneys are involved which is never good. I can guarantee that there were no safety procedures in place to prevent this from happening. Shoot, how much you wanna bet there wasn't an SDS to be found on the premises? Stand operating procedures?..Lol Testing and validation prior to use? Right....this could very well unravel quickly. The riders and teams need to be careful for what they wish for too, because while this was stupid on the part of Feld and Dirt Works, OSHA could shut the whole production down and in that case everybody loses (fans included). Given the severity of what's being shown on social media, this is an out of control freight train headed down a track that has no end in sight. We should all be very concerned.
2/4/2019 7:19pm
I think it is a sign from above, shouldn`t have 4 of the first 5 rounds in CA. Share the love and get SX in some covered domes somewhere that isn't California. West coast series doesn't mean that you have to be about as far west as you can be......
typ2vw159
2/4/2019 7:22pm
jstein639 wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
If Feld doesn't step up in a major way (as in BIG $$ to the riders and teams), then they are f'cked. They already might be...
If Feld doesn't step up in a major way (as in BIG $$ to the riders and teams), then they are f'cked. They already might be F'kd. At this point, I'm 100% certain attorneys are involved which is never good. I can guarantee that there were no safety procedures in place to prevent this from happening. Shoot, how much you wanna bet there wasn't an SDS to be found on the premises? Stand operating procedures?..Lol Testing and validation prior to use? Right....this could very well unravel quickly. The riders and teams need to be careful for what they wish for too, because while this was stupid on the part of Feld and Dirt Works, OSHA could shut the whole production down and in that case everybody loses (fans included). Given the severity of what's being shown on social media, this is an out of control freight train headed down a track that has no end in sight. We should all be very concerned.

Lawyer up an all 50 dad’s an mom you will get a gag order
oldblood
2/4/2019 7:26pm
So if they cancel the rest of the series, then Tomac is champ, right?

Post a reply to: Lime

The Latest