Likely unpopular opinion

motofab36
I like and repect Zacho as a racer, father, overall great guy, but I felt practically uncomfortable with him in the booth last week for RDL and on the floor for the race. Actually he really seemed uncomfortable to me. His speaking was very monotone and lacked any enthusiasm. Now before you guys rip me apart, I do like the guy, but I just think that not every great racer is great in front of the camera. In contrast, I thought Colt nichols was awesome and had a whole lot more to say than Zacho did. I also love when A.C. makes a appearance in the booth, maybe they can get him in while he is on the DL.
|
UGOTBIT
Fantasy
1679th
2/4/2022 10:05am
It was the dudes first time.

Jump in front of the camera and give it a go mate
motofab36
2/4/2022 10:09am
UGOTBIT wrote:
It was the dudes first time.

Jump in front of the camera and give it a go mate
Yes it was and I hope he gets more comfortable.
2/4/2022 10:11am
Colt Nichols killed it though.
I was very impressed with him in the booth. He's got potential for something to fall back on forsure.

The Shop

skeef
Fantasy
1407th
2/4/2022 10:26am
I liked his monotone voice it was refreshing. I understand why being in the booth you need to use inflection and create action. But going to him trackside was nice, he is so fresh off racing I think he has the best trackside insight.
soggy
Fantasy
3857th
2/4/2022 10:39am
Honestly trying to work around Dan Hubbard seems like it would be a chore. He just doesn’t appear to have much knowledge of the sport and he doesn’t do a great job setting up the color guy.
BMc914
2/4/2022 10:39am
It was that other clown 🤡 Dan Hubbard. He was struggling and if messed with Zach. If it was Daniel and Zach be different show.
motofab36
2/4/2022 10:42am
skeef wrote:
I liked his monotone voice it was refreshing. I understand why being in the booth you need to use inflection and create action. But going to...
I liked his monotone voice it was refreshing. I understand why being in the booth you need to use inflection and create action. But going to him trackside was nice, he is so fresh off racing I think he has the best trackside insight.
He definitely has the knowledge, he was so reserved that I found it kinda hard to hear him or pay attention to what he was saying. Hopefully it was just nerves and he will pep it up next time.
dedi684
2/4/2022 10:43am
Much better with all racers ditch anyone who wasn't a pro
plowboy
2/4/2022 10:48am
I thought he was good in the booth when just bullshitting but a little stiff on the floor. I'm guessing all the chatter in his ears was distracting. Good question for Ricky..."What is happening when they are standing on the floor and the camera cuts to them..."?
plowboy
2/4/2022 10:57am
I'll also add an unpopular opinion...I like Hubbard. That sumbitch can talk like a machine gun and sets up conversations very well. My opinion...yours may differ...and that's okWink
motofab36
2/4/2022 11:02am
plowboy wrote:
I'll also add an unpopular opinion...I like Hubbard. That sumbitch can talk like a machine gun and sets up conversations very well. My opinion...yours may differ...and...
I'll also add an unpopular opinion...I like Hubbard. That sumbitch can talk like a machine gun and sets up conversations very well. My opinion...yours may differ...and that's okWink
I kinda agree. I almost felt sorry for him.. I felt like he he had to keep jabbering and even had a occasional awkward giggle thrown in because Zach wasn't saying anything. Again, I like Zach and I would love to just sit and chat with him, but not sure if tv is his thing.
Robbirob25
2/4/2022 11:07am
motofab36 wrote:
I like and repect Zacho as a racer, father, overall great guy, but I felt practically uncomfortable with him in the booth last week for RDL...
I like and repect Zacho as a racer, father, overall great guy, but I felt practically uncomfortable with him in the booth last week for RDL and on the floor for the race. Actually he really seemed uncomfortable to me. His speaking was very monotone and lacked any enthusiasm. Now before you guys rip me apart, I do like the guy, but I just think that not every great racer is great in front of the camera. In contrast, I thought Colt nichols was awesome and had a whole lot more to say than Zacho did. I also love when A.C. makes a appearance in the booth, maybe they can get him in while he is on the DL.
Seriously? WTF? Dude has tried it one time on national TV. Judist Priest.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/4/2022 11:07am
I agree that not every racer would be a good commentator because its not a easy job, but Zach did pretty good and will only get better if he even wants to keep doing it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/4/2022 11:08am
I think he'll be on RDL this weekend and the next. He might get better.
Johnny Ringo
2/4/2022 11:18am
I just want Uncle Jim back. They can put Juliana Daniel in the other spot for all I care. I just want Jim back.
2/4/2022 11:21am
Man, being filmed live is STRESSFUL. I've had to do it twice, and I feel like I turtled. Everything changes when they count down and you go live. I think we all noticed this with Zach, but given more time I'm sure he get more comfortable.
plowboy
2/4/2022 11:22am
Zachintosh wrote:
Put AC in the booth full time.
I can't disagree with this. He has skills for sure.
plowboy
2/4/2022 11:27am
Man, being filmed live is STRESSFUL. I've had to do it twice, and I feel like I turtled. Everything changes when they count down and you...
Man, being filmed live is STRESSFUL. I've had to do it twice, and I feel like I turtled. Everything changes when they count down and you go live. I think we all noticed this with Zach, but given more time I'm sure he get more comfortable.
Lol...I can't even imagine how bad I'd do. I have a face for radio and a voice for print. Plus, I can't complete a sentence without saying, "Fuck".
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
2/4/2022 11:29am
Motofab probably wants Ralph back hes so faded.

Probably never talked in front of a camera thats live. Ive been on some small livestreams before to like 40 people. Thats no where in the same realm as a Supercross broadcast.

Zach did a good job. Hope he returns.
2/4/2022 11:43am
Man, being filmed live is STRESSFUL. I've had to do it twice, and I feel like I turtled. Everything changes when they count down and you...
plowboy wrote:
Lol...I can't even imagine how bad I'd do. I have a face for radio and a voice for print. Plus, I can't complete a sentence without...
Lol...I can't even imagine how bad I'd do. I have a face for radio and a voice for print. Plus, I can't complete a sentence without saying, "Fuck".
'I have a face for radio and a voice for print' LaughingLaughing Made me spit my drink up!
For real though, I'm very relaxed and comfortable talking with people (friends and strangers alike) but I've never felt so dumb and awkward than when I was being filmed. Complete deer in the headlights situation both times. I have nothing but respect for anyone who steps in front of a camera (especially live!)
mxfuture
2/4/2022 11:44am
motofab36 wrote:
I like and repect Zacho as a racer, father, overall great guy, but I felt practically uncomfortable with him in the booth last week for RDL...
I'm the opposite! I thought he did great for the first time.

I'm more than willing to give him the entire season to sharpen his skills.
plowboy
2/4/2022 11:45am
Leeham wrote:
Motofab probably wants Ralph back hes so faded. Probably never talked in front of a camera thats live. Ive been on some small livestreams before to...

Probably never talked in front of a camera thats live. Ive been on some small livestreams before to like 40 people. Thats no where in the same realm as a Supercross broadcast.

Give me a shitty old shotgun bar, a few wobble pops and I am the king of jokes, one liners, put downs, tall tales, and bullshit...sober, at a business meeting...I can't remember my name.Blush
motofab36
2/4/2022 11:46am
Leeham wrote:
Motofab probably wants Ralph back hes so faded. Probably never talked in front of a camera thats live. Ive been on some small livestreams before to...

Haha Ralph was like fingernails on a chalkboard. I don't miss him a bit.
ti473
2/4/2022 12:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2022 12:06pm
I thought he did fine, he seemed relaxed to me. He's not the bouncing off the walls type like Pastrana, but that's just who he is. And you can't compare it with Nichols either, it's a lot different when you do a show as a guest vs a host.
You want to see nervous? go find that one national when they put Jimmy Albertson behind the mic for trackside reporting. Now that was cringeworthy.
philG
2/4/2022 12:16pm
Colt Nicholls was great , Zach, not so much... and herein lies the problem, as much as we want guys to be the people we want to be, Zach isnt that outgoing type of guy, i have met him in person, and he is a humble polite guy, who goes about his business, and that is what got him where he is today. That guy doesnt work on camera... yet.

I agree about the monotone thing, its something you have to think about when you do stuff like this.

He will get better.

Nicholls killed it, Like the guy, like him even more now.
gt80rider
2/4/2022 1:35pm
motofab36 wrote:
I am like you... if dude is good enough to race off road, he is plenty good for mx/sx..... now he is all over the booth? Really weird....
mxtech1
2/4/2022 1:45pm
motofab36 wrote:
So you're telling me that you were unimpressed by a TV commentator who has no formal training in media, broadcasting, or public relations? Yet somehow lands a spot in the booth immediately after ending his riding career?

Wow....shocker....

Post a reply to: Likely unpopular opinion

The Latest