Lighting an MX track for night riding

Midway MX
2/16/2018 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2018 2:14pm
Hey, does anyone have any experience with suggestions or designs for an outdoor lighting system for a motocross track? If you've ridden at a few tracks and one is better than any other track, let me know that also, I can always call them and they maybe open to suggestions.

I know the poles should be high, 40-60 feet just on a tight budget and don't want to waste money! Thanks in advance!

Peter
Midway Motorsports Park
South Carolina
|
Johnny Depp
2/16/2018 1:54pm
LED's are the thing now, way brighter, less expensive and way less electricity. Sports Fields, Streetlights, Shopping centers and Auto Dealerships are mostly using them in new construction these days. They also have a smaller physical "footprint" so are less likely to be affected by high winds, requiring less pole strength, and less amps means lighter gauge wiring and "breaker boxes".

the old:

the new:

Good luck with your project!
Midway MX
2/16/2018 2:12pm
Nice man, just what I was looking for! Thanks
Midway MX
2/16/2018 2:14pm
LED's are the thing now, way brighter, less expensive and way less electricity. Sports Fields, Streetlights, Shopping centers and Auto Dealerships are mostly using them in...
LED's are the thing now, way brighter, less expensive and way less electricity. Sports Fields, Streetlights, Shopping centers and Auto Dealerships are mostly using them in new construction these days. They also have a smaller physical "footprint" so are less likely to be affected by high winds, requiring less pole strength, and less amps means lighter gauge wiring and "breaker boxes".

the old:

the new:

Good luck with your project!
Thanks!!

The Shop

Hammer 663s
2/16/2018 2:21pm
Midway MX wrote:
Nice man, just what I was looking for! Thanks
Sure thing. One other source is Mike Sexton at Club Moto. http://www.clubmoto.com/ He runs lights too. Between those 3 guys you will have 50+ years of experience running some of the best tracks in NorCal. They been there, done that.

Looks like you got a nice place going there. If I'm ever back east I will try to stop in and check it out.

Hammer 663s

Post a reply to: Lighting an MX track for night riding

The Latest