LightSpeed Carbon Company ordering issue?

Dusty212x
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2020 8:09am
Yo two months ago I ordered a skid plate and have yet to hear from anyone there. Am I the only one with the issue or are they known for having problems? Id like to support a company that supports a team but damn. Anyone have another carbon fiber brand I could purchase from? Thanks.
|
bvm111
9/24/2020 6:56pm
i would steer clear of Legacy Carbon, I am thinking about going with P3 when i look to get a new skid plate for my KTM.
mxb2
9/24/2020 7:07pm
bvm111 wrote:
i would steer clear of Legacy Carbon, I am thinking about going with P3 when i look to get a new skid plate for my KTM.
P3 is awesome. Lightspeed. , Customer service sucks,. Never anything in stock, back order. Etc.
WFO
9/24/2020 7:38pm
Ordered many products from LightSpeed. Everything was always top notch.
JTM5427
9/24/2020 8:14pm
bvm111 wrote:
P3 is the way to go. They’ve always taken great care of everyone I know and support a lot of privateers.

The Shop

9/24/2020 8:17pm
I’ve ordered atleast 12-15 products from light speed in the last couple months. Everything showed up within a few days. Looks high quality also
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
9/24/2020 8:20pm
I’ve ordered atleast 12-15 products from light speed in the last couple months. Everything showed up within a few days. Looks high quality also
No you didn’t. Liar.
9/24/2020 8:22pm
No you didn’t. Liar.
Be ready to eat crow when I get home tonight
Yzf916
9/24/2020 8:23pm
P3. Great durable skidplates. And FANTASTIC customer service.
Camp332
9/24/2020 8:24pm
I restored a 2004 YZ125, and ordered a skid plate, and frame guards from Light Speed. All good from this local joe in New Jersey. Don't be a dick, and call them up before making some basher post on Vital.
AngryBear
9/24/2020 8:51pm
LightSpeed = great product, maybe decent service maybe get your stuff whenever. P3 = fantastic product, 100% will know what you are getting when, and if any issues can get on the phone with someone that can sort it out immediately.
Brent
9/24/2020 8:51pm
...then you should purchase a lottery ticket today, because you are the luckiest person on earth.

The Amaradio's are not known for speedy customer service, let's put it that way.
9/24/2020 8:54pm
Brent wrote:
...then you should purchase a lottery ticket today, because you are the luckiest person on earth. The Amaradio's are not known for speedy customer service, let's...
...then you should purchase a lottery ticket today, because you are the luckiest person on earth.

The Amaradio's are not known for speedy customer service, let's put it that way.
I wasn’t even aware amaradio had anything to do with light speed. I met him at REM a few times. Nice guy
9/24/2020 9:07pm
No you didn’t. Liar.
Here ya go, butt sniffer.
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
9/24/2020 9:10pm
No you didn’t. Liar.
Here ya go, butt sniffer.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/09/24/451203/s1200_1B197B14_0C31_4EC7_9C81_0813BEF24DD9.jpg[/img]
Here ya go, butt sniffer.
Haha nice. Virtual beer 🍺
Ryan625
9/24/2020 10:11pm
I’ve ordered from Pro-Carbon (UK based), Legacy Carbon, extreme-carbon (UK based i think), and lightspeed so far with varying amounts of success.

Pro-Carbon - great product and timely, maybe not as good as the other two but I’ll definitely order again

Legacy - awful communication, beautiful products. I’ve gotten a few parts from him and I think I’m lucky. Supposedly he’s got more coming for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Extreme Carbon - best I’ve dealt with of the 4. Top notch fit and finish.

Lightspeed - mixed success. One part showed up in days, the other two, no idea on the timeline.
Jmicmoto13
9/25/2020 7:03am
What an awesome inter-thread exchange. Hahaha Butt sniffers. Thanks for the laugh.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2255th
9/25/2020 7:57am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 7:58am
I have ordered from just about everyone. IMO the best fitting stuff is CRM. The problem is getting ahold of Flavio can be very difficult with the time change etc. He usually has everything in stock when he responds and usually get it within a week. But, it may be a several weeks before he gets back to your original request.

CMT from Italy has a lot of stuff in stock, easy to order on their website. The fit and finish is terrible. I have had to modify everything I have purchased from them to fit.

P3 has killer customer service, and products always in stock. I wish their "designs and coverage" were a little more extensive, for a KX450 anyways.

Lightspeed, Oh lightspeed :insert facepalm: Willy is a super nice guy. Id say 70% of the time whatever I order is on backorder. I dont mind back ordering items if I am not in a rush, but if someone tells me 2 weeks, I expect 2 weeks. Not 2-3 months. That is the most frustrating part for me. And then zero communication, and then when you call back for an update its always "another 2 weeks". I love their products, for me the price vs quality is about the best. I think their "designs and coverage" are one of the best. If they could just get their production straight and communication they would be sitting on a gold mine!
TunaBro
9/25/2020 9:17am
I have only ordered from them once and was very happy with the quality of the part as well as the customer service. The woman I spoke with on the phone was nice and got back to me quickly.
TeamGreen
9/25/2020 9:49am
Thread TItle should be changed. It really should. Myself, as a guy that makes a lot of carbon goodies for a lot of companies, teams and OEM's...I can vouch for LightSpeed Products being a helluva value for what you're paying.

Btw, Wil and his company are "supposed to be" considered competiton to my company; but, I tell people to call them or order from them ALL THE TIME. Why? Because, he's just a good dude that makes great parts for a helluva good price. When industry-people ask me about LightSpeed, I tell them that their stuff is on plenty of bikes and is "a lot of value for the money". Again...that's coming from someone in the same line of biz as they are.

I know he has this stuff made in batches and it can take a while for him to get things in-stock...ESPECIALLY during this Zombie Apocolypse.

So, I'm thinking that being unhappy about not getting your parts in a timely fashion is a whole lot different than their parts being "junk".
jason486
Fantasy
1715th
9/25/2020 10:14am
Willy is a great guy help me out a lot when I was building my Yz250, gonna need to stop by and see him soon for the RM project.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
9/25/2020 11:45am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2020 1:29pm
I am a carbon fiber junkie and have had great luck with lightspeed in the past but have not had to buy any lately but everything I have ever bought has been perfect and very high quality. Cool
Sachmo831
9/25/2020 12:32pm
I've always ran plastic skid plates in the past, but I'm considering going carbon. How does carbon hold up over time? No issues with cracking?
mjn81
9/25/2020 12:56pm
Sachmo831 wrote:
I've always ran plastic skid plates in the past, but I'm considering going carbon. How does carbon hold up over time? No issues with cracking?
First time having a lighspeed skidplate and I love it. Going on a year and it's in great condition besides a sticker coming off. After you've cleaned your bike just spray SC1 on it and don't wipe it off. Looks factory!
ZOBITO
9/25/2020 1:04pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Thread TItle should be changed. It really should. Myself, as a guy that makes a lot of carbon goodies for a lot of companies, teams and...
Thread TItle should be changed. It really should. Myself, as a guy that makes a lot of carbon goodies for a lot of companies, teams and OEM's...I can vouch for LightSpeed Products being a helluva value for what you're paying.

Btw, Wil and his company are "supposed to be" considered competiton to my company; but, I tell people to call them or order from them ALL THE TIME. Why? Because, he's just a good dude that makes great parts for a helluva good price. When industry-people ask me about LightSpeed, I tell them that their stuff is on plenty of bikes and is "a lot of value for the money". Again...that's coming from someone in the same line of biz as they are.

I know he has this stuff made in batches and it can take a while for him to get things in-stock...ESPECIALLY during this Zombie Apocolypse.

So, I'm thinking that being unhappy about not getting your parts in a timely fashion is a whole lot different than their parts being "junk".
Then maybe Lightspeed should just change its name too?
Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/25/2020 6:26pm
Dusty212x wrote:
Yo two months ago I ordered a skid plate and have yet to hear from anyone there. Am I the only one with the issue or...
Yo two months ago I ordered a skid plate and have yet to hear from anyone there. Am I the only one with the issue or are they known for having problems? Id like to support a company that supports a team but damn. Anyone have another carbon fiber brand I could purchase from? Thanks.
I changed your thread title to more properly address your concern. There's a big difference between an ordering issue (customer service), and calling something junk.
mxav8r
9/25/2020 6:42pm
I have ordered from just about everyone. IMO the best fitting stuff is CRM. The problem is getting ahold of Flavio can be very difficult with...
I have ordered from just about everyone. IMO the best fitting stuff is CRM. The problem is getting ahold of Flavio can be very difficult with the time change etc. He usually has everything in stock when he responds and usually get it within a week. But, it may be a several weeks before he gets back to your original request.

CMT from Italy has a lot of stuff in stock, easy to order on their website. The fit and finish is terrible. I have had to modify everything I have purchased from them to fit.

P3 has killer customer service, and products always in stock. I wish their "designs and coverage" were a little more extensive, for a KX450 anyways.

Lightspeed, Oh lightspeed :insert facepalm: Willy is a super nice guy. Id say 70% of the time whatever I order is on backorder. I dont mind back ordering items if I am not in a rush, but if someone tells me 2 weeks, I expect 2 weeks. Not 2-3 months. That is the most frustrating part for me. And then zero communication, and then when you call back for an update its always "another 2 weeks". I love their products, for me the price vs quality is about the best. I think their "designs and coverage" are one of the best. If they could just get their production straight and communication they would be sitting on a gold mine!
I would agree with you about CRM. It's absolutely the best out there available. My CMT quality issue has not been as bad as yours. My CMT tank did require slight "modification" (grinding out the tank bolt hole for better alignment). While my extremely complex CRM subframe fit better than the OEM part.

ZOBITO
9/26/2020 5:13am
These things are pure beauty. Always wondered how they hold up in time, though... No problem for factory teams, but for a regular customer, it might be a bit of a concern. Any experience with that?
Dusty212x
9/27/2020 5:24pm
Dusty212x wrote:
Yo two months ago I ordered a skid plate and have yet to hear from anyone there. Am I the only one with the issue or...
GuyB wrote:
I changed your thread title to more properly address your concern. There's a big difference between an ordering issue (customer service), and calling something junk.
No problem. Had to get attention some how.
DaBaum44
9/28/2020 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2020 6:29pm
When the product is in stock, I've had no issues with Lightspeed. The rear disc guard I ordered over a year ago for my YZ125 build is another story. I've called Lightspeed probably 4 times and I always get the same response, "part is not in stock, we are waiting to make more...you're card won't be charged until it ships". I hope the part shows up someday, but who knows.

Post a reply to: LightSpeed Carbon Company ordering issue?

The Latest