LightBug - GPS Tracking Device

lightbug
11/26/2017 3:58am
lightbug wrote:
Hey guys, Just came across this thread and thought I'd jump in (if a little late) Regarding accuracy: the wording is deliberately ambiguous because I don't...
Hey guys,

Just came across this thread and thought I'd jump in (if a little late)

Regarding accuracy: the wording is deliberately ambiguous because I don't want to make promises the product can't keep all of the time.

Accuracy comes at the price of battery life. I think we've solved this problem rather elegantly (obviously I would..) in that Lightbug doesn't spend very long searching for GPS when it's in it's sleep mode. This is where you might see accuracy of 30m (usually more like 10m though)

Now, when alert mode is triggered (ie you're bike is moving outside of the safe zone and you're no where near it), the GPS is given much more time to lock in, and 1m accuracy is quite realistic when outdoors. Running tests in my car, most of the time it puts the point bang on the road and on motorways it'll often get the lane right too. As soon as you go indoors though ,the signal gets scrambled and it's harder to get a lock (say the thieves take it into a warehouse), so accuracy might drop back to 30m. This obviously isn't ideal but the point is that it still works. Initial feedback we've gotten is that it performs better than anything else out there at the moment (most GPS trackers simply stop working indoors).

As to the comments on price, all I can say is that we've based the price on cost. The devices are manufactured in the UK which helps with quality but certainly not price. My hope was that pricing the subscription lower (where other companies make their money) would help.

-MAVERICK- would you be interested in getting a demo unit?
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well first off thank you for signing up and clarifying things. I sent you guys an email not long after I made the original post but...
Well first off thank you for signing up and clarifying things. I sent you guys an email not long after I made the original post but never heard anything back but this helped.

As for the demo unit, thank you for the offer but it might be better to pass it onto another reputable/regular Vital MX poster as I sadly no longer ride due to paralysis.

I do agree that this device is the best option available at this point in time.

On second thought you might want to contact the poster ML512 (Michael Lindsay) who works for Vital MX and see if maybe they would be interested in doing a review on your product?
Apologies about not getting back to you on email - looking at the dates of this topic it was just after we launched and things were rather hectic.

And I'm really sorry to hear that, appreciate the recommendation though, I'll get in touch with Michael and see if he's interested!

The Shop

Post a reply to: LightBug - GPS Tracking Device

The Latest