Life on the road racing in Canada (bike update)

Talan_Hansen
Edited Date/Time 7/2/2018 4:06pm
Hello everyone,

I’ve always visited this site and always lurk around. The last couple seasons I’ve raced in Canada, last year being my first full season I wanted to start a forum for anyone that might want to see what it’s like racing in a different country. Being raised in Wisconsin and Canada so close to me, I have always loved watching the Canadian outdoors on tv when I was younger and always dreamed of racing there. Luckily for me I’m able to do this every year and have fun living my dream and having fun.

For 2018 I will be racing in the MX1 class full time and it’s going to be very different from the MX2 clsss. I’m excited to be on the bigger bike. I’m coming off an ACL/Meniscus, tibial spine fracture, and micro fractures to my fibula and femur from a crash during the winter before the AX portion started. I have about one month on the bike so I’m hoping everything goes smoothly! I feel better than ever on the bike, but still very weak in my right knee.

I wanted to thank my sponsors and both of my bosses who are Moto heads, Doug and Sue Ninneman from Motovation MX training facility in Mauston, WI have believed in me from day one, my other boss Brandon Miller from Dairyland Movers in Portage, WI is also a big part of my program. Joseph Hammons from GPN in Houston, TX has helped me whenever I needed it. Obviously my parents still help me out when they can and I’m very appreciative of my parents. My grandmother Linda Swan who is a realtor for Remax Elite has helped me get to races and has been my number one fan. Also my grandfather Jeff Swan has been a big help to me.
I have many more sponsors but those people right there are the ones that have helped me get to these races. Other sponsors are (Motool inc, FXR, Works Connection, BWR Engines, Race Tech, Yoshimura, SSI DeCals, Bell, Scott, Ryno Power, Mobius, DOC, No Toil, Dirt Tricks, Sportland 2 Powersports, Acerbis)

Anyways next weekend we start the championship and I want to keep everyone posted during the week and at the races.

Talan
|
bents
Fantasy
710th
5/18/2018 9:39pm
Welcome back to Canada and I will get to watch you ride in Manitoba.
Talan_Hansen
5/19/2018 6:45am
bents wrote:
Welcome back to Canada and I will get to watch you ride in Manitoba.
Awesome! Come on by and say hi!
5/19/2018 10:24am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2018 10:26am
Stoked to see you rip again man ,you where fast as hell last year
Talan_Hansen
5/19/2018 11:03am
Stoked to see you rip again man ,you where fast as hell last year
What races did you go to last year? Thank you!

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
5/19/2018 11:34am
Good luck up there! I’ll be following your results..as a fellow Wisconsinite.
Talan_Hansen
5/19/2018 6:20pm
Brad460 wrote:
Good luck up there! I’ll be following your results..as a fellow Wisconsinite.
Thank you! Hope to do everyone proud haha
hamncheeze
5/19/2018 7:34pm
Good luck man! I'll see you at Popkum, excited to see how the track races for a national.
Talan_Hansen
5/19/2018 7:36pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Good luck man! I'll see you at Popkum, excited to see how the track races for a national.
I saw a GoPro video and that track looks super cool. Hopefully turns out well, racing in BC is fun. Come on by!
Talan_Hansen
5/21/2018 5:26am

Couple of photos from yesterday’s practice. Today should be my last day of riding and I’ll be on the road Wednesday.
Talan_Hansen
5/23/2018 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/23/2018 5:46pm

We’re on our way to Calgary. 1400+ miles. Should be fun!
MX Culture
5/24/2018 4:25am
I’ll be watching and maybe go to one of the Ontario rounds.
Talan_Hansen
5/24/2018 5:29am
MX Culture wrote:
I’ll be watching and maybe go to one of the Ontario rounds.
Hope to see you up here for one of the rounds!
5/24/2018 8:41am
I wish there were more posts like this.
Hit us with results and race recaps. Good luck this year.
5/24/2018 8:49am
Good luck, be sure to post up weekly about your travels! A buddy of mine posts regularly on his Facebook as he drives the team truck for the series and it's always good to see.

Will see ya at the Riverglade round. How many people are you travelling with?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2018 9:18am
Good luck, be sure to post up weekly about your travels! A buddy of mine posts regularly on his Facebook as he drives the team truck...
Good luck, be sure to post up weekly about your travels! A buddy of mine posts regularly on his Facebook as he drives the team truck for the series and it's always good to see.

He's going at it alone.

You're never really alone up North though. Everyone is willing to lend a hand and help out. I'm sure he already knows that from his experience last year.
vachon522
5/24/2018 9:28am
Wish you the best of luck, see you into Deschaumbault
5/24/2018 9:29am
Good luck, be sure to post up weekly about your travels! A buddy of mine posts regularly on his Facebook as he drives the team truck...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's going at it alone. You're never really alone up North though. Everyone is willing to lend a hand and help out. I'm sure he already...
He's going at it alone.

You're never really alone up North though. Everyone is willing to lend a hand and help out. I'm sure he already knows that from his experience last year.
Well, if one of my buddies doesn't claim my downstairs apartment (it's nothing glamorous) for the week prior to Riverglade he's welcome to it. I'm just off the TransCan an hour before Riverglade.
jeffro503
5/24/2018 9:35am
Hey....good luck on your season Talan! You thinking about maybe coming down for an American round this summer , like maybe Washougal? I haven't checked the schedule , so I don't know of any conflicts , but thought I'd ask. Giver er' hell dude!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/24/2018 9:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey....good luck on your season Talan! You thinking about maybe coming down for an American round this summer , like maybe Washougal? I haven't checked the...
Hey....good luck on your season Talan! You thinking about maybe coming down for an American round this summer , like maybe Washougal? I haven't checked the schedule , so I don't know of any conflicts , but thought I'd ask. Giver er' hell dude!
The weekends off that align with the US series are at the following rounds

Tennessee
Southwick
Spring Creek
Unadilla
Ironman

I see Canadians being able to do Southwick, Unadilla and Ironman. Tennessee and Spring Creek would be out of their way seeing as our series will be on the East coast.

Some of the US privateers should really try and come up to race Gopher Dunes on July 14th before hitting Spring Creek and also hit Deschambault on August 4th before making their way to Unadilla on the 11th the following weekend.
tp4
5/24/2018 10:42am
very cool ..living the dream..I once did..do it while your young..and best of luck!
Talan_Hansen
5/24/2018 11:14am
I wish there were more posts like this.
Hit us with results and race recaps. Good luck this year.
I appreciate that! Yes I figured it would be cool to share the experience. I will definitely share results and give you guys a recap of my weekend.
Talan_Hansen
5/24/2018 11:17am

I knew almost every truck driver up there last year. Everyone is super cool and laid back. One of the big reasons why I race up in Canada is because it’s laid back and super fun. Not to mention very underrated. I was suppose to go alone but my dad has tagged along last minute to help me out.
Talan_Hansen
5/24/2018 11:18am

-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's going at it alone. You're never really alone up North though. Everyone is willing to lend a hand and help out. I'm sure he already...
He's going at it alone.

Absolutely 100% true.
Talan_Hansen
5/24/2018 11:19am

-MAVERICK- wrote:
He's going at it alone.

Well, if one of my buddies doesn't claim my downstairs apartment (it's nothing glamorous) for the week prior to Riverglade he's welcome to it. I'm just...
Well, if one of my buddies doesn't claim my downstairs apartment (it's nothing glamorous) for the week prior to Riverglade he's welcome to it. I'm just off the TransCan an hour before Riverglade.
That is very generous of you and I greatly appreciate that!

Post a reply to: Life on the road racing in Canada (bike update)

The Latest