Life/moto advice?

DA498
2/15/2019 5:28am
Wondering what the kid decided on doing. He’s well educated, he will for sure have a few million in the bank one day. You can read...
Wondering what the kid decided on doing. He’s well educated, he will for sure have a few million in the bank one day. You can read his drive and determination. Man he would be a seargeant in the army in no time.

What did he decide to do......we may only ever wonder if he doesn’t come back and post a follow up !
Kkawi wrote:
Thanks for the kind words man, Sorry for taking so long to post a follow up. I was the one who posted that thread asking people...
Thanks for the kind words man, Sorry for taking so long to post a follow up. I was the one who posted that thread asking people in skilled trades for advice also.

Ended up working where I was for a little while longer, then I moved back to Michigan, which I'm very glad I did. Rode a few times, felt great on the bike so I got some extra motivation to make some money!! lol.

I've decided I want to become an electrician so right now, I'm looking into getting an apprenticeship with the local IBEW. I'm a little nervous because I've heard how hard it can be to get in, but I'm confident I can kill the written test. Only problem being my work history isnt exactly straight thru, since I have switched off working and school, and have worked for some less than desirable employers. I am intelligent and have a good work ethic though. I don't know anyone in the union though, I've heard that can help. Anyway, things are looking up and they are a lot better now than they were when I posted this thread back in July.
Did the IBEW route myself. Took me 3 years to get in and thought the same as you. Third interview I laid it on the line and told them im not a dumbass and can learn this trade even though my previous jobs werent reflecting what they were looking for. The people interviewing are electricians themselves and came through just like you would. Dont be intimidated, just be sincere. Great trade and lots of opportunity to expand on. I believe you would be a huge asset to the trade. Go get em, and keep it fun.
mikec265
2/15/2019 6:28am
Work smart with good effort and opportunities will come. Think about the business side of your job. Look beyond employee duties to find out how the business works.
resetjet
2/15/2019 6:37am
Hard physical exercise, which moto Is, its your best defense against anxiety/depression. Find the right antidepressant and never give in to anxiety or depression. Fight back and it will go away. As far as moto, sure but not for a career. Find something else that will lift you up. Moto is a rollercoaster, you dont need the lows.
K-dubbb
2/15/2019 6:38am
Want to get ahead and make progress? Be genuine, it will attract people to you.

I did a talk at a local university last fall - take some time listen it to it, this is all my advice which I hope you can grasp and relate to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APqPefS7EEU start at 8:52 to skip me rambling about my story.

The Shop

ob
2/15/2019 7:18am
Set goals, keep your head up and go 110% at whatever you set your mind to do. Good luck with the union interviews.

Post a reply to: Life/moto advice?

The Latest