Lieber 33 stops deu to injury

segers
Fantasy
2294th
Good luck in the future jl33.

View this post on Instagram

This is it guys! Today is the day that I’m stepping away from motocross as a professional rider. I never expected that the curtain call would come so soon but unfortunately injuries have decided for me. You always want to do to more but I’m grateful for what I’ve been able to achieve and for all the support I received along the way. I got to ride for awesome teams and raced against the best in the world. I led the world championship for a moment, I travelled the world and lived the dream I had since I was a little boy. It’s hard to describe everything that comes up with this announcement. Hit the link in bio to read the interview about my retirement.👆👆 Thanks for following me and believing in me. See you around, JL33 Ça y est! Aujourd’hui je vous annonce que j’ai décidé d’arrêter le motocross en tant que pilote professionnel. Je n’aurais jamais pensé que cette décision allait tomber aussi tôt mais malheureusement les blessures durant les dernières années l’ont faites à ma place. On veut toujours faire plus et aller plus loin mais je suis reconnaissant de ce que j’ai accompli et de tout le support que j’ai eu tout au long de ma carrière. J’ai eu la chance de rouler pour de bons teams et l’opportunité de me battre contre les meilleurs pilotes au monde. J’ai mené le championnat du monde pendant un moment , j’ai voyagé dans les quatre coins du monde et j’ai eu la chance de vivre mon rêve d’enfant. Il m’est difficile d’exprimer tout ce qui monte à la surface avec cette annonce. Le lien vers l’interview sur ma retraite du motocross est dans ma bio. Merci de m’avoir suivi et d’avoir cru en moi. À bientôt, JL33

A post shared by Julien Lieber (@julienlieber33) on Aug 5, 2020 at 9:05am PDT

|
8/5/2020 10:23am
Gutted, always a fan. That crash he had last week must’ve been the final nail in the coffin.

Hopefully he’ll stay within the industry.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
8/5/2020 11:19am
What happened? Always hate seeing guys be forced to retire.
tek14
8/5/2020 12:08pm
https://jm-honda-racing.prezly.com/julien-lieber-retires-from-professio…

Julien Lieber: “The aftermath from my crash in Teutschenthal last year was a lot more complicated than we could have imagined initially. I had two surgeries to my elbow, two on my wrist with the last one back in early March. In both instances it turned out that there was not so much that surgery could do to properly fix the issue. That’s what I’ve been dealing with this whole time. Even when the pain was so much better after I received an infiltration you know that the injuries itself will not magically go away in a few months or even a few years to be honest.”

The level in the MXGP world champions is already high in itself, so you can not line up and expect to be competitive if you’re not 100%. Even when the pain is bearable I notice I have less power in my left arm because of the elbow issue and mentally you don’t feel comfortable to push like you should. That’s a dangerous situation where there might even be a risk to sustain more damage. Especially on a powerful 450 bike! Every race this season actually felt like being at 80%. For me personally it’s absolutely pointless to aim for a top-15. And I know that’s not what JM Honda Racing is about either! Up until last year I was on an upward trajectory of improving and getting closer to my goals. I know we were on the right track with the top-5 moto finishes I had in 2018 and 2019. The experience needed to get results is there but at this point I feel that my body doesn’t allow me to do that.”
Question
8/5/2020 12:42pm

His personal track and his private effort where he lead the mx2 made me a fan ! Good luck to him, and get well soon.

The Shop

8/5/2020 12:58pm
Question wrote:

His personal track and his private effort where he lead the mx2 made me a fan ! Good luck to him, and get well soon.
I forgot about that track, I wonder if he still has it?
wildbill
8/5/2020 1:21pm
You can still ride for fun. It doesn't hurt, too much.
Question
8/5/2020 2:41pm
Question wrote:

I forgot about that track, I wonder if he still has it?

I have no clue but I think he still has it, if I remember well I saw another vid' there about 2 or 3 years ago Wink
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/5/2020 2:54pm
What a shame. He really had potential but kind of never got rid of all kinds of his bad luck...

Post a reply to: Lieber 33 stops deu to injury

The Latest