Let's see your 2018 YZF450

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2017 2:03 PM

Just finished this one up today, thought I would share some shots! Anybody else get their hands on one yet?

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/3/2017 2:22 PM

I assume that one started out white and not blue?

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

9/3/2017 2:30 PM

Two local shops got them this week and I want one so bad!! Stupid bills!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

9/3/2017 2:32 PM

That looks great! I will show you mine if they ever make it to the east coast. I have been just buying stuff for it while I wait. Besides the bike I'm only missing the factory 4.1 exhaust and the gytr ignition cover. This wait has been killing me because I sold my other bike last month thinking I wouldn't have a bike but maybe for a week and that wasn't the case haha! Photo

Photo

Photo

|

9/3/2017 3:19 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

That looks great! I will show you mine if they ever make it to the east coast. I have been just buying stuff for it while I wait. Besides the bike I'm only missing the factory 4.1 exhaust and the gytr ignition cover. This wait has been killing me because I sold my other bike last month thinking I wouldn't have a bike but maybe for a week and that wasn't the case haha! Photo

Photo

Photo

We've been hanging out for them in Australia too. I noticed you have the Nekken clamps, i had heard that the headset is 6mm longer on the '18 an therefore the 14-17 clamps wont fit unless you get a different stem, can anyone confirm that?. I have X-trigs which i don't believe will fit either. BTW nice bike in the first post, makes me want to gt the white one now.

|

9/3/2017 3:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2017 3:24 PM

The new and improved 2018 TTR 450!

|

9/3/2017 3:41 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

That looks great! I will show you mine if they ever make it to the east coast. I have been just buying stuff for it while I wait. Besides the bike I'm only missing the factory 4.1 exhaust and the gytr ignition cover. This wait has been killing me because I sold my other bike last month thinking I wouldn't have a bike but maybe for a week and that wasn't the case haha! Photo

Photo

Photo

Man are you gonna have some fun when it eventually rolls up.

Awesome prep work w00t

|

9/3/2017 3:44 PM

DDMX18 wrote:

We've been hanging out for them in Australia too. I noticed you have the Nekken clamps, i had heard that the headset is 6mm longer on the '18 an therefore the 14-17 clamps wont fit unless you get a different stem, can anyone confirm that?. I have X-trigs which i don't believe will fit either. BTW nice bike in the first post, makes me want to gt the white one now.

I emailed keefer last week and he said he asked someone at yamaha if the previous clamps will work and they said they would. I heard them saying that it's 6mm longer so that's why I asked. I don't think the 6mm longer is in the stem length, I think it's 6mm further out from the airbox and that's why they went to a 22mm offset to compensate for that. I could be wrong but he said they will work

|

9/3/2017 3:45 PM

tobz wrote:

Man are you gonna have some fun when it eventually rolls up.

Awesome prep work w00t

I can't wait haha

|

9/3/2017 4:44 PM

Wow!! Thats a helluva spread of goodies for the new bike, Id be pretty dam excited for my bike to show up if I had that much to add on.......yet a few things bring up a kind of off the wall thought about the Triple Clamps and Wheel Sets.

This may be slightly off topic but i'm curious about those 2 items, its been said in more than a few places that things like aftermarket clamps and even wheel sets (hubs mainly) can alter the rigidity feel or "harmonic balance of the bike, take Ken Roczen for example when he went back to the stock clamps on his RMZ450 and instantly changed his outlook on the bike as well as his results. When bikes are designed (especially new models) they are designed around the entire package to work/flex in harmony with the bike right? I know ive ridden bikes that were the same as mineand they always seemed to feel a lot more rigid/harsh not to say that will be the case with yours bgpn35 but im curious, why change these 2 items out before ever riding the bike with the stock components?

I get the potential weight savings and im not at all hating on your trick bits, actually the opposite im just wondering if changing these out before actually riding and getting used to the bike will give a misleading feel to the overall rigidity of the bike where some may look to suspension changes to fix it.

Just curious, flame on if you must I was interested on feedback on this because of the impressions I got from bikes that had these changes vs stock components.....I always preferred the stock "feel" and so did my wallet. LOL

|

9/3/2017 4:59 PM

I am going to break it in first before I put the stuff on. The bars, levers and pegs will go on as soon as I get it and maybe the exhaust

|

9/3/2017 5:15 PM

That thing looks awesome

|

9/3/2017 5:37 PM

When do you expect the dealer to get them in?

|

9/3/2017 5:44 PM

If cali got them in the dealers earlier this past week I would think by the end of this week but who knows and I hope I'm right

|

9/3/2017 6:20 PM

bgpn35...I hope you're right too!!!! wink

|

9/3/2017 6:21 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

I am going to break it in first before I put the stuff on. The bars, levers and pegs will go on as soon as I get it and maybe the exhaust

Bike looks sick, ride review soon please.

|

9/3/2017 6:32 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

That looks great! I will show you mine if they ever make it to the east coast. I have been just buying stuff for it while I wait. Besides the bike I'm only missing the factory 4.1 exhaust and the gytr ignition cover. This wait has been killing me because I sold my other bike last month thinking I wouldn't have a bike but maybe for a week and that wasn't the case haha! Photo

Photo

Photo

Jesus! You aint messin' around!


And jnmotopro.....your bike looks sweet man! Very clean looking decal kit there.

Photo


I had a 2010 for a while. Was a good bike , but didn't own it long enough to really get a chance to play around with the setup.

Photo

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

9/3/2017 7:10 PM

Photo

|

9/3/2017 8:30 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

I emailed keefer last week and he said he asked someone at yamaha if the previous clamps will work and they said they would. I heard them saying that it's 6mm longer so that's why I asked. I don't think the 6mm longer is in the stem length, I think it's 6mm further out from the airbox and that's why they went to a 22mm offset to compensate for that. I could be wrong but he said they will work

OK hope so, will save some money on new clamps. We have a ride day tomorrow on the East cost of Australia so ill try and confirm with the Yamaha guys tomorrow and let you know.

|

9/3/2017 11:02 PM

DDMX18 wrote:

OK hope so, will save some money on new clamps. We have a ride day tomorrow on the East cost of Australia so ill try and confirm with the Yamaha guys tomorrow and let you know.

Ok cool, I appreciate it!

|

9/4/2017 1:32 PM

jnmotopro wrote:

Just finished this one up today, thought I would share some shots! Anybody else get their hands on one yet?

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

You already received a 2018 450 yzf? I m in France and waiting for the dealer to tell me there are available. Can t wait for mine.
How did you do to already get a black seat
Cover.... ? Thanks for info. Nice bike!!!

|

9/4/2017 2:13 PM

I heard from the dealer in Mooresville NC middle of the month but thinking it might be this week now.

|

9/4/2017 11:50 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

Ok cool, I appreciate it!

So I managed to spin some laps on the 18 450 here in Australia today. Definitely an improvement over the 17 in term of turning and power. Still felt like a yamaha which is fine by me but was narrower and more like the cycra shrouds. In term of triple clamps they confirmed no increase in tube length so aftermarket clamps will be a swap although the new bike is 22mm offset. I have the 20-22mm x-trigs which will bolt straight up. The shock is all new including body shaft etc so no swap if you have akit stuff. We were told 2 weeks for delivery.Photo

|

9/5/2017 12:15 AM

DDMX18 wrote:

So I managed to spin some laps on the 18 450 here in Australia today. Definitely an improvement over the 17 in term of turning and power. Still felt like a yamaha which is fine by me but was narrower and more like the cycra shrouds. In term of triple clamps they confirmed no increase in tube length so aftermarket clamps will be a swap although the new bike is 22mm offset. I have the 20-22mm x-trigs which will bolt straight up. The shock is all new including body shaft etc so no swap if you have akit stuff. We were told 2 weeks for delivery.Photo

Nice review, that's great to hear! Thanks for clearing that up about the clamps. I thought about selling these clamps and getting xtrigs, do they come with bar mounts or are they separate?

|

9/5/2017 2:04 PM

That thing looks sickkk!!! I sold mine 2 months ago and have been waiting impatiently. I was just told by dealer that Yamaha has pushed the release back another 2 months!!! I hope that this is not true

|

9/5/2017 4:00 PM

I think most will want to go the other way on the clamps, like 23.5 or 24mm from what I understand. No, have not rode one, but from some comments of those who have suggest it.

|

9/5/2017 4:04 PM

Lightning 78, you are absolutely correct that the R&D engineers take things into account like rigidity or flex of each part. They also consider corrosion resistance, susceptibility to heat, impact testing and vibration, among other things. I saw a Suzuki test lab where they hooked a bike up to a vibration machine and ran it, 24/7 for a month. Yes, a MONTH.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/5/2017 4:13 PM

bgpn35 wrote:

That looks great! I will show you mine if they ever make it to the east coast. I have been just buying stuff for it while I wait. Besides the bike I'm only missing the factory 4.1 exhaust and the gytr ignition cover. This wait has been killing me because I sold my other bike last month thinking I wouldn't have a bike but maybe for a week and that wasn't the case haha! Photo

Photo

Photo

DDMX18 wrote:

We've been hanging out for them in Australia too. I noticed you have the Nekken clamps, i had heard that the headset is 6mm longer on the '18 an therefore the 14-17 clamps wont fit unless you get a different stem, can anyone confirm that?. I have X-trigs which i don't believe will fit either. BTW nice bike in the first post, makes me want to gt the white one now.

Order a couple more sets of boots while you are at it!!! lol

|

9/5/2017 4:14 PM

DDMX18 wrote:

OK hope so, will save some money on new clamps. We have a ride day tomorrow on the East cost of Australia so ill try and confirm with the Yamaha guys tomorrow and let you know.

bgpn35 wrote:

Ok cool, I appreciate it!

DDMX18 wrote:

So I managed to spin some laps on the 18 450 here in Australia today. Definitely an improvement over the 17 in term of turning and power. Still felt like a yamaha which is fine by me but was narrower and more like the cycra shrouds. In term of triple clamps they confirmed no increase in tube length so aftermarket clamps will be a swap although the new bike is 22mm offset. I have the 20-22mm x-trigs which will bolt straight up. The shock is all new including body shaft etc so no swap if you have akit stuff. We were told 2 weeks for delivery.Photo

Power better?

|

9/5/2017 7:17 PM

They were here in dealers last week in CA. Still seemed fat and heavy looking next to a 18 crf450....

Photo

|

"Who cares about what other people think"