Let's see/review those 2019 kx450s

davidgrip
8/17/2019 6:13pm
I run mine 4mm up, I was commenting on the fact that shaggin looks like he’s running 10-15mm lol. For reference to his photo, I run...
I run mine 4mm up, I was commenting on the fact that shaggin looks like he’s running 10-15mm lol.

For reference to his photo, I run 4mm down from the cap
I was just trying to help other riders, that may have some issues/questions.
lawson34
8/18/2019 7:43am Edited Date/Time 8/18/2019 8:36am
Which way u guys going on rebound clickers, forks and shock?
davidgrip
8/18/2019 3:40pm
lawson34 wrote:
Which way u guys going on rebound clickers, forks and shock?
Fork: 5mm up
C 14
R 12
Shock: 52 Spring (19-54/16-18-52)
HSC 1 3/4
LSC 12
R 12

The Shop

buzz06
8/18/2019 3:50pm
So I’m considering one of these, I had an 09 kx450 and that bike was awesome. Does anyone have any experience of the old 450 to the new one? Do they still turn in real easy? Does the bike have a soft or a rigid feel?
8/18/2019 4:11pm
WW444 wrote:
Okay suspension guru's, I'll be the first to admit I'm not very familiar with tweaking and adjusting suspension. I got some more seat time in on...
Okay suspension guru's, I'll be the first to admit I'm not very familiar with tweaking and adjusting suspension. I got some more seat time in on mine this past weekend. My main 2 tracks I ride are fairly sandy(one is called sand mountain) and they can get pretty rough and bumpy, especially coming out of corners its almost impossible to sit down because of the rolling bumps. My bike felt a little soft in the front and the rear end seemed to kick out a little over the rough stuff. I had not touched a clicker since I got it. I went 2 clicks stiffer on the forks but I do not know what to do with the rear. Sag has been set. I weight 160 to 165 full gear average B, 25+ rider. Any suggestions on getting this thing a little more comfortable in the chop?
Are problems under acceleration? Try going 1/4 turn out on the high speed, then evaluate from there. Softer on that will allow better initial absorption on large bumps or sharp edge bumps.
datkin128
8/18/2019 6:12pm
Anyone running the PC muffler with the stock header? If so, did it make any difference? What bars do u guys run on this bike? Just watched the Michael Lindsey video on the kx 450. Pretty amazed at all the nit-picking on bars. After all, doesn’t everyone change these anyway? Another question, can u add fork oil without taking the forks off?
8/18/2019 7:29pm
datkin128 wrote:
Anyone running the PC muffler with the stock header? If so, did it make any difference? What bars do u guys run on this bike? Just...
Anyone running the PC muffler with the stock header? If so, did it make any difference? What bars do u guys run on this bike? Just watched the Michael Lindsey video on the kx 450. Pretty amazed at all the nit-picking on bars. After all, doesn’t everyone change these anyway? Another question, can u add fork oil without taking the forks off?
I've been using ODI CFT in the KTM OE bend and like them a lot. They are really similar to the stock bars as far as height and upsweep, but with significantly less backsweep which opens up the cockpit a little bit. Works well for me being a taller guy.

Yes, I believe you can add fork oil through the bleeders without disassembling.
Shaggin589
8/19/2019 7:27am
davidgrip wrote:
I run my forks 5mm up. This really helps balance the bike, rider position. PC recommends 5mm up. This does not effect the offset. Offset relocates...
I run my forks 5mm up. This really helps balance the bike, rider position. PC recommends 5mm up. This does not effect the offset. Offset relocates the position of the front wheel, and is what effects steering. Many of the issues are not the suspension/spring rate. They are the rider position. If the front end is to high your weight is distributed to the rear of the bike, making the front end light and feel like it is deflecting of bumps, and multiple turn in issues which most believe is the suspension. Too low and you are weighting the front end to much, and again different effects. BIke/RIder balance is the key. Most riders take a bike of the floor and have never made any real adjustments to fit their body position. Just adjust their riding style. Every bike I own has the same rider position. I wish that I could just take a bike and ride, it would save alot of money and time.
I’m 6’5. I have a hard time keeping my weight forward...I’ve always raised my forks to drop the front end a little. I’m no pro or test rider but I like the feel. I’ve never measured I always just kind go to the 2nd line on the fork tube. My biggest issue is finding a comfortable bar height/bend that doesn’t mess me up. I’m still searching
Indy mxer
8/19/2019 2:26pm
datkin128 wrote:
Anyone running the PC muffler with the stock header? If so, did it make any difference? What bars do u guys run on this bike? Just...
I'm running an FMF slip on with a stock header. Kawasaki's are annoying loud stock and sound like they need repacked.
It's worth it to me to get rid of that. lol
datkin128
8/19/2019 2:32pm
Indy mxer wrote:
I'm running an FMF slip on with a stock header. Kawasaki's are annoying loud stock and sound like they need repacked. It's worth it to me...
I'm running an FMF slip on with a stock header. Kawasaki's are annoying loud stock and sound like they need repacked.
On a ‘19? I think the 19’s are super quiet stock. Now my 16 was another story. Obnoxiously loud!
Indy mxer
8/19/2019 2:37pm
Indy mxer wrote:
I'm running an FMF slip on with a stock header. Kawasaki's are annoying loud stock and sound like they need repacked. It's worth it to me...
datkin128 wrote:
On a ‘19? I think the 19’s are super quiet stock. Now my 16 was another story. Obnoxiously loud!
I guess quiet is subjective? LOL
Mine sounded bad imo. And my hearing sucks. I had a 16 as well, your're right they were bad!!
50dippin
8/19/2019 8:36pm
datkin128 wrote:
Indy mxer wrote:
any slip on is going to be much louder than the stock bazooka can.
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
8/19/2019 8:57pm
datkin128 wrote:
Indy mxer wrote:
50dippin wrote:
any slip on is going to be much louder than the stock bazooka can.
yup, the stocker is probably the quietest exhaust i've ever had on any of the 10 450's ive bought new.. my fmf is for sure a step up on the noise level as the oem is... just my experience.
8/22/2019 2:25pm
I know I'm a bit late on this.. but I just finished up this build! Give the video a look if you want to see more in detail on my parts and bike!

MZ193
8/22/2019 2:29pm
I know I'm a bit late on this.. but I just finished up this build! Give the video a look if you want to see more...
I know I'm a bit late on this.. but I just finished up this build! Give the video a look if you want to see more in detail on my parts and bike!

😳 jeeeeeesus.
datkin128
8/22/2019 2:31pm
I know I'm a bit late on this.. but I just finished up this build! Give the video a look if you want to see more...

Sick bike man!
OLDMOTO
8/22/2019 3:42pm

Justin,
Great bike. Really well set up. I've thought about adjusting my rear wheel back to extend the wheelbase. How did your bike react to the change? Did it change the steering and cornering? First hand information from a skilled rider would be great.
8/22/2019 6:00pm
OLDMOTO wrote:
Justin, Great bike. Really well set up. I've thought about adjusting my rear wheel back to extend the wheelbase. How did your bike react to the...
Justin,
Great bike. Really well set up. I've thought about adjusting my rear wheel back to extend the wheelbase. How did your bike react to the change? Did it change the steering and cornering? First hand information from a skilled rider would be great.
Thank you!

So I was told back in 2011 when I was on team green to extend the wheel base as much as possible by pulling the wheel back.. I didn’t understand by I did and I noticed that it helped the rear of the bike suspension wise so much. It would track better out of corners and in the choppy stuff but also coming into corners it felt like it made the rear not feel so tight and it worked better and could let the shock just simply do its job. It really makes the bike feel more relaxed ! Hope that helps !
lawson34
8/23/2019 5:58am

Where does this bike rank on your all time fav list?
kkawboy14
8/23/2019 6:16am
datkin128 wrote:
Works but makes the bike louder
lawson34
8/23/2019 11:15am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2019 11:16am
datkin128 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Works but makes the bike louder
lawson34
8/23/2019 11:16am
Yeah a fmf slip on is louder than a full fmf system too

8/23/2019 2:23pm
lawson34 wrote:
Honestly, this is my favorite so far. These bikes just keep getting better and better and this is the first bike I’ve had with different engine mounts and actually being able to test product and linkages and find what works best for me. So this is number 1!
lawson34
8/23/2019 4:35pm
lawson34 wrote:
Honestly, this is my favorite so far. These bikes just keep getting better and better and this is the first bike I’ve had with different engine...
Honestly, this is my favorite so far. These bikes just keep getting better and better and this is the first bike I’ve had with different engine mounts and actually being able to test product and linkages and find what works best for me. So this is number 1!
Right on!!! I love this bike my wife calls it the green whore... on another note I sped up the rebound on the forks a few clicks, to me it feels like it freed the bike up...
FortyHat
8/23/2019 7:15pm
No case saver for this bike yet fellas? Sorry if I sound like a broken record!
DB97
8/23/2019 7:24pm
FortyHat wrote:
Lightspeed has a carbon cover not sure if you want just the saver.
FortyHat
8/23/2019 7:39pm
FortyHat wrote:
DB97 wrote:
Ah thanks for the tip. I just found the "works edition" thread you posted in about the guard (thanks to google after not finding it on the LS site). I guess that's better than the stock monstrosity, but I'd really like just a solid case saver that keeps everything open for mud races but still protects the hydro clutch master. Crazy that nobody has been creating these yet given the popularity of the bike.

beamer
8/23/2019 7:39pm
Does anybody else hook their boot on the RH rad shroud/ side panel on a fairy regular basis ?? On that little pointed part, it’s happened to me numerous times. I’m about average height at 5’9,
DB97
8/23/2019 7:42pm
FortyHat wrote:
DB97 wrote:
FortyHat wrote:
Ah thanks for the tip. I just found the "works edition" thread you posted in about the guard (thanks to google after not finding it on...
Ah thanks for the tip. I just found the "works edition" thread you posted in about the guard (thanks to google after not finding it on the LS site). I guess that's better than the stock monstrosity, but I'd really like just a solid case saver that keeps everything open for mud races but still protects the hydro clutch master. Crazy that nobody has been creating these yet given the popularity of the bike.

Even factory kawi runs the oem cover haha.

Post a reply to: Let's see/review those 2019 kx450s

The Latest