Let's see/review those 2019 kx450s

Related:
Create New Tag

5/21/2020 8:06 PM

FortyHat wrote:

Of the girl all blacked out? Not a lot, because I ran it with a green front for most of last year, but here's a couple.

Photo
Photo
Photo

This is gonna sound silly but I only took those photos because I'd just thrown on a bunch of ProTaper stuff I'd won from last year's PulpMX SX fantasy (9th), and they requested I post on social media. Lucky for me, I already run ProTaper (have for years) and didn't wind up with some other prize I couldn't use. Here's the loot:

Photo

And just in case you were wondering how she looked with makeup on at World Vets laughing sick sick sick

Photo

I dig the graphics! Simple with the black flag logo. I just had some made similar with a motorhead logo for my tc.

|

5/22/2020 3:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/22/2020 3:33 AM

JB479 wrote:

Anyone else had their front brake hose catch on the clutch cable hose fitting ( near the clutch lever) when the forks compressed ? Bit scary to be honest. Kinked my brake hose pretty bad.

I have no idea how that could happen! That seems impossible.

Is the brake Line behind the number plate?

|

5/24/2020 10:13 PM

rollin64caddy wrote:

I dig the graphics! Simple with the black flag logo. I just had some made similar with a motorhead logo for my tc.

Thanks man. Yeah I prefer it very basic and subdued. I appreciate flash, but it's not for me. Being a punk kid way back, I dig when guys do anything in that vein (if not overdone), though misfits seems the most common. DM me a link to your husky design, would love to see it.

|

5/25/2020 3:16 AM

Just got my 2020 together yesterday, has a Yosh slip on, ride engineering mounts, renthal twinwalls, odi lock ons, works connection master cylinder guard, bolt axle blocks, dcor seat cover, Photo and did the judder spring replacement. Have a skid plate on the way
Photo

|

5/25/2020 8:32 AM

Cygrace74 wrote:

Just got my 2020 together yesterday, has a Yosh slip on, ride engineering mounts, renthal twinwalls, odi lock ons, works connection master cylinder guard, bolt axle blocks, dcor seat cover, Photo and did the judder spring replacement. Have a skid plate on the way
Photo

Still have any interest in my wheels?

|

5/25/2020 1:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2020 4:29 PM

Where is everyone picking up a magnetic drain plug from? Having trouble finding one listed anywhere that says it will fit.

Also trying to find a black air box. Are they out there?

|

5/25/2020 5:06 PM

Lost probably my 15th seat bolt today...super annoying

|

5/25/2020 6:35 PM

navalseabee wrote:

That’s weird. I’ve been fine with mine. I throw a little grease on the threads and crank it down.

|

5/25/2020 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2020 6:47 PM

navalseabee wrote:

Are you using the right seat bolt? The OEM one has a shoulder in it so it isn't clamping on the number plate. A normal M8 is just going to loosen up.

I have over 100 hrs on mine and don't recall losing one yet

|

5/25/2020 6:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/25/2020 6:46 PM

|

5/25/2020 6:46 PM

FortyHat wrote:

Thanks man. Yeah I prefer it very basic and subdued. I appreciate flash, but it's not for me. Being a punk kid way back, I dig when guys do anything in that vein (if not overdone), though misfits seems the most common. DM me a link to your husky design, would love to see it.

Couldn't figure out how to DM a pic so here it is.
Photo
Photo

|

5/25/2020 6:46 PM

navalseabee wrote:

Same here. Just noticed mine was missing today too

|

5/25/2020 7:14 PM

I haven’t lost a seat bolt ever, in 57 hours.....🤷🏻‍♂️

|

5/25/2020 7:47 PM

130 hrs haven’t lost one yet

|

5/25/2020 10:34 PM

rollin64caddy wrote:

FortyHat wrote:

rollin64caddy wrote:

Couldn't figure out how to DM a pic so here it is.
Photo
Photo

So sick. Love Motorhead, and I'll just leave this most awesome and ironic (seeing as how Lemmy is gone now) music video of my favorite song of theirs:

Sorry everyone for hijacking the thread for a moment! But there's a motorcycle in the video w00t
|

5/26/2020 4:37 AM

Yea using the correct bolts and little nut sert thing. I even blue lock tighted that joker in there and it still rattled out, its always the exhaust side one that falls out. Not a huge issue but super annoying none the less.

|

5/26/2020 10:06 AM

navalseabee wrote:

Yea using the correct bolts and little nut sert thing. I even blue lock tighted that joker in there and it still rattled out, its always the exhaust side one that falls out. Not a huge issue but super annoying none the less.

I haven’t had this problem, but maybe a spring washer would solve the problem,
Just thought!

|

5/26/2020 10:10 AM

steelworker77 wrote:

Where is everyone picking up a magnetic drain plug from? Having trouble finding one listed anywhere that says it will fit.

Also trying to find a black air box. Are they out there?

I haven't used a magnetic drain plug since my '01 YZ426! And no black airbox available. Have to dye it like the auto interior guys do if you want one that bad.

|

5/28/2020 3:16 PM

Who's rebuilt their engines so far? I just rolled 40hrs on mine and will finish this year out on stock internals, probably do a top end this winter.

|

5/28/2020 3:36 PM

Anyone have any over heating issues on there 20? My first 20 I have no issues at all. But was breaking a new one in this weekend then raced it and it overheated after about 4 laps. Was spitting antifreeze. Thanks in advance.

|

5/28/2020 4:07 PM

Click588 wrote:

Anyone have any over heating issues on there 20? My first 20 I have no issues at all. But was breaking a new one in this weekend then raced it and it overheated after about 4 laps. Was spitting antifreeze. Thanks in advance.

Did you change out the radiator cap yet?

|

5/28/2020 4:13 PM

2 full hours on the 2020 KX450. Really awesome bike, best dirt bike ive had in a decade and those were all kawis! Any input on fork spring change out?.. Break in went great. Forks seem ok I can see how they are a touch soft. Im a decent +40 B rider.. 200 lbs 6 ft weekend warrior. Is the best fix the one .53 spring keep one stock .51 rate? or do you replace with two .52 springs? Oil add 5cc oil over stock measurement and see how it feels?

|

5/28/2020 4:17 PM

tmayer422 wrote:

Everyone has there opinions on bikes but I’m not a big fan of the 2020 kx450. My buddy owns one and compared to my 2019 crf450, the power feels really sluggish bottom end wise but once it hits mid range and up it feels good. Turning and power wise the Honda wins hands down. Clutch wise Kawasaki just cause of it being a hydro clutch. Brake wise my Honda feels better. Breaking bumps the kawi seems to soak them up a little better. The kawi isn’t a bad bike by any means, but I just feel more comfortable and like the power of the Honda better and the way it corners as well!

There does seem to be some guys that don’t like the kx as much as the Honda. It’s usually fast younger guys because the bike is a rocket and is stiff. I don’t go fast enough to want a super stiff bike. I do like a little more power but that’s easy. Cp high compression piston and head work and a tune and it will be just perfect. But you’re not the only one that likes the Honda. When you get older and have some kids you might understand the kx better.

|

5/28/2020 4:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/28/2020 4:46 PM

stax199 wrote:

2 full hours on the 2020 KX450. Really awesome bike, best dirt bike ive had in a decade and those were all kawis! Any input on fork spring change out?.. Break in went great. Forks seem ok I can see how they are a touch soft. Im a decent +40 B rider.. 200 lbs 6 ft weekend warrior. Is the best fix the one .53 spring keep one stock .51 rate? or do you replace with two .52 springs? Oil add 5cc oil over stock measurement and see how it feels?

I'm 54+ vet int (cool, 180 lbs and run the stock forks at 330cc with the stock spring and pretty happy with it. I started with 350cc since one of my buddies had his at that level but it was a bit too harsh for my speed and old bones and I took 20cc back out.

If you want to go up one spring rate, the single 0.53 spring is an easy and inexpensive fix.

|

5/28/2020 5:33 PM

stax199 wrote:

I personally went to a .52 spring in one leg and later added 10cc of oil to each leg. I would personally start with that. If you still want a little more after that, then add a .52 to the other leg.

|

5/28/2020 5:39 PM

I’m at 52 hours. About 1/3 sand. Motor is still good. No major issues with anything.....minor stuff that it needed right away and nothing thereafter. Good reliability.

|

5/28/2020 6:37 PM

Click588 wrote:

ElliotB16 wrote:

Did you change out the radiator cap yet?

No I didn’t not. Did you put 2.0 on? Never had a problem on my other 19 or 20 but this ones doing it

|

5/29/2020 6:24 AM

Blew out a fork seal last week so I went with SKF dust and fork seals in both sides. I measured the oil that came out of the fork that wasn't leaking.... about 250cc from the factory.

On another note... what plastic skid plates are out there with full protection to cover the frame rails as well? 14 hours on my bike and the bottom of the frame has a nice dent in it already.

|

5/29/2020 6:34 AM

cwolf96 wrote:

Blew out a fork seal last week so I went with SKF dust and fork seals in both sides. I measured the oil that came out of the fork that wasn't leaking.... about 250cc from the factory.

On another note... what plastic skid plates are out there with full protection to cover the frame rails as well? 14 hours on my bike and the bottom of the frame has a nice dent in it already.

I have an acerbis skid plate covers everything.. i left the linkage guard thing off, it seemed strange. Have to remove the plate to change oil but gives you chance to clean debris and build up between rides.
Id prefer the cycra but went with acerbis due to the wait on cycra.

|

5/29/2020 6:43 AM

stax199 wrote:

I have an acerbis skid plate covers everything.. i left the linkage guard thing off, it seemed strange. Have to remove the plate to change oil but gives you chance to clean debris and build up between rides.
Id prefer the cycra but went with acerbis due to the wait on cycra.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply @stax199! I asked Cycra this spring if their skid plate was ready and it wasn't. I'll probably go with the Acerbis skid plate as well.

|