Let's put the Stewart bashing to rest for a while...

level
3/5/2012 3:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2012 2:10pm
-One of the most talented people to ever throw a leg over a Dirt Bike.

-As per James and those close to him he has a lot of pressure on him to win and if he doesn't then people assume something is wrong and the hating comes out in full force. He's human and has matured with his riding quite a bit. Still fast as shit but doesn't feel the need to always win anymore. He's taken some of the pressure off himself.

-I hate when he gets booed at the races. It's just sad

-It's not the bike. He has the speed, he just needs to get good starts and not crash. Same with all the other top guys.

-Nobody bashes on the guys placing 10-20th or not even making the main but James get's shit for simply not winning. It's flat out immature.

Keep your head up James.
|
Spartacus
3/5/2012 3:54pm
People laying on the ground make easy targets.
DPR250R
3/5/2012 3:55pm
I agree with you except....

The 10-20 guys don't refer to themselves as the fastest men on the planet. So some ball breaking he brought on to himself.
3/5/2012 3:57pm
DPR250R wrote:
I agree with you except.... The 10-20 guys don't refer to themselves as the fastest men on the planet. So some ball breaking he brought on...

The 10-20 guys don't refer to themselves as the fastest men on the planet. So some ball breaking he brought on to himself.
I think Ralf Shaqueen started that.

The Shop

Clutchy
3/5/2012 3:57pm
James has put himself in a position to get all the shit he gets... Fuck him if he doesn't like it." Fastest Man on the Planet " he embraced it and acted like a ass in doing so. Now its time to put up or shut the fuck up. He should feel the pressure, people have paid him a kings ransom to be the " Fastest man on the Planet ". And I hope Joe Gibbs foot is so far up his ass, that he can taste the last time Joe stepped in shit......Whistling

I don't see him pulling off and letting Chad Reed by so he can try and humiliate him any more. He's lucky Canard and Reed are hurt cause he'd be a 5th place guy. KARMA ASSHOLE.
peelout
3/5/2012 4:00pm
DPR250R wrote:
I agree with you except.... The 10-20 guys don't refer to themselves as the fastest men on the planet. So some ball breaking he brought on...

yep, but he used it himself all the same.

another gem is "drop the mic"
TDeath21
3/5/2012 4:00pm
... and when you start threads like this it fuels the fire even more than it already is.
petie11o5
3/5/2012 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2012 4:03pm
Agreed.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
3/5/2012 4:05pm
level wrote:
-One of the most talented people to ever throw a leg over a Dirt Bike. -As per James and those close to him he has a...
-One of the most talented people to ever throw a leg over a Dirt Bike.

-As per James and those close to him he has a lot of pressure on him to win and if he doesn't then people assume something is wrong and the hating comes out in full force. He's human and has matured with his riding quite a bit. Still fast as shit but doesn't feel the need to always win anymore. He's taken some of the pressure off himself.

-I hate when he gets booed at the races. It's just sad

-It's not the bike. He has the speed, he just needs to get good starts and not crash. Same with all the other top guys.

-Nobody bashes on the guys placing 10-20th or not even making the main but James get's shit for simply not winning. It's flat out immature.

Keep your head up James.
You should feel sorry for them, it makes them feel better about their lives.
dirtnapper
3/5/2012 4:06pm
TDeath21 wrote:
... and when you start threads like this it fuels the fire even more than it already is.
Yep!

I honestly don't feel badly for James one bit!

He has never had to handle so much pressure and other fast guys, and he simply cannot handle it.
level
3/5/2012 4:06pm
TDeath21 wrote:
No kidding. I'm regretting it already. Just goes to show you can't change people's mind. There stuck where there stuck.
level
3/5/2012 4:08pm
TDeath21 wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Yep! I honestly don't feel badly for James one bit! He has never had to handle so much pressure and other fast guys, and he simply...
Yep!

He has never had to handle so much pressure and other fast guys, and he simply cannot handle it.
What pressure? Only pressure he gets is from fans that think he should win every race. Unreal.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
3/5/2012 4:08pm
DPR250R wrote:

Ricky Carmichael was the first to say "he is the fastest man to ever ride a dirt bike"

I think Ralph spun it from there.
Clutchy
3/5/2012 4:11pm
TDeath21 wrote:
level wrote:
No kidding. I'm regretting it already. Just goes to show you can't change people's mind. There stuck where there stuck.
And who in the fuck are you to think you should change their minds......????
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/5/2012 4:15pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
10 pages easy
For people who want to argue.

I agree with Level on this one. If James starts getting out of the gate near the front regularly, he'll be getting his share of wins.
Clutchy
3/5/2012 4:15pm
I personally think the " He's the fastest guy I've seen ride a dirt bike " comment by RC was possibly a little sarcastic. I don't believe for a second that RC thinks or thought that James was faster then He.....
BobbyM
3/5/2012 4:18pm
One way to take the pressure off himself since he is the one tbat decided to take on tbat pressure is simply to start winning som races. I think imho it is his dad making the decisions and putting the pressure on
James...and james cant do anything about it. I mean how many dads are on the race floor every single race.
James has to answer to gibbs, yamaha, himself and his dad. Afuckingmazing...
Clutchy
3/5/2012 4:19pm
GuyB wrote:
For people who want to argue. I agree with Level on this one. If James starts getting out of the gate near the front regularly, he'll...

I agree with Level on this one. If James starts getting out of the gate near the front regularly, he'll be getting his share of wins.
When did you ever think it would come to James "NEEDING" to get a hole shot or top three start to be able to run up front....?

Cause lets face it, if RV got a tenth place start every week he's still going to get his wins.... Who'd of ever thunk it.
Clutchy
3/5/2012 4:21pm
BobbyM wrote:
One way to take the pressure off himself since he is the one tbat decided to take on tbat pressure is simply to start winning som...
One way to take the pressure off himself since he is the one tbat decided to take on tbat pressure is simply to start winning som races. I think imho it is his dad making the decisions and putting the pressure on
James...and james cant do anything about it. I mean how many dads are on the race floor every single race.
James has to answer to gibbs, yamaha, himself and his dad. Afuckingmazing...
Tony Alessi just took his shirt off and slapped Mike in the head................................WoohooWoohoo
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/5/2012 4:29pm
GuyB wrote:
For people who want to argue. I agree with Level on this one. If James starts getting out of the gate near the front regularly, he'll...

Clutchy wrote:
When did you ever think it would come to James "NEEDING" to get a hole shot or top three start to be able to run up...
When did you ever think it would come to James "NEEDING" to get a hole shot or top three start to be able to run up front....?

Cause lets face it, if RV got a tenth place start every week he's still going to get his wins.... Who'd of ever thunk it.
Right. And James was on the ground and in dead last halfway through lap one. You can't win from there.

Some people are a little more open-minded...
petie11o5
3/5/2012 4:33pm
Level I'm on the same page as you. It's good to know not everyone on here is completely oblivious to what ACTUALLY goes on.
yam261
3/5/2012 4:34pm
Pardon?, you must have missed the thread that Jeff Alessi got hammered in.
TDeath21
3/5/2012 4:35pm
What doesn't make sense to me is how great Stewart starts in heat races and how poorly he starts in mains. The fact that he rides better in the heat race obviously has to do with only facing half of the stronger riders, but the starts shouldn't matter that much. Not sure what is wrong there. It's happened several times this year. No doubt he can win in the mains just like heat races but not when he's playing catch up every single race. He has been dead last going into the first turn two or three times this year. By the time he exits the turn he's mid pack because obviously he has an inside gate and passes half the guys in the first turn.
Rupert X
3/5/2012 4:36pm
Eventually, this perfect storm HAS to happen - JAMES will get that great start, as will the RYANS, and then all hell

is gonna break loose - because these three very fast dudes shall give no quarter.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/5/2012 4:38pm
yam261 wrote:
Pardon?, you must have missed the thread that Jeff Alessi got hammered in.
Did you know reading stupid posts can cause brain damage? I usually try to minimize that by not diving into every stupid thread. Unfortunately, there are some people cannot resist the temptation.
dirtnapper
TDeath21 wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Yep! I honestly don't feel badly for James one bit! He has never had to handle so much pressure and other fast guys, and he simply...
Yep!

level wrote:
What pressure? Only pressure he gets is from fans that think he should win every race. Unreal.
I meant pressure in the form of other fast guys.

He has never had to deal with more than one guy who could run his pace, or better. Now if everyone is healthy - he has 4 to deal with.

Thats a bit more pressure. IMO.
Motodude
..if I had a dollar for every JS7 thread started, I could start my own team, hire JS,Canard and RV and still not get off my beach chair in Barbados.

are we done yet??
Clutchy
3/5/2012 4:44pm
GuyB wrote:
Right. And James was on the ground and in dead last halfway through lap one. You can't win from there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/users/64/photos/56498/s1600_closeminded.jpg[/img] Some people are a little...
Right. And James was on the ground and in dead last halfway through lap one. You can't win from there.

Some people are a little more open-minded...
You're right, but he wasn't dead last.... almost.

I think when you act a certain way, you put yourself in this situation. When you talk the talk and get paid BIG time for it, along comes expectations. And I think its fair to say that most, would of expected much more from a well rested and healthy James Stewart.

Lets face it, A few years back James could have started backwards and upside down in the parking lot and still been there at the end....
KAWboy14
3/5/2012 4:56pm
Rudeboy119 wrote:
10 pages easy
GuyB wrote:

IF sand was gold.....we would all be rich!

there was a time when stewart didnt need a start!
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/5/2012 4:59pm
Clutchy wrote:
You're right, but he wasn't dead last.... almost. I think when you act a certain way, you put yourself in this situation. When you talk the...
You're right, but he wasn't dead last.... almost.

I think when you act a certain way, you put yourself in this situation. When you talk the talk and get paid BIG time for it, along comes expectations. And I think its fair to say that most, would of expected much more from a well rested and healthy James Stewart.

Lets face it, A few years back James could have started backwards and upside down in the parking lot and still been there at the end....
Do you think the competition is at the same level now as back then?

I happen to think a lot of people have made forward progress, and that the field is a lot deeper now.

As for expectations, even though they're not paid positions, I expect a lot more from the people who post here. Unfortunately, I'm frequently disappointed.

Post a reply to: Let's put the Stewart bashing to rest for a while...

The Latest