Let's not forget about WINDHAM!!!

gotwings
12/7/2012 10:09pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2012 6:34pm
Seems like there's been multiple threads about every other top guy, I think Windham should be in there, as well. He was killing it last season, and this new bike should suit his style. I know he only has a coulple of years before he retires, but he will be trying harder than ever.
Here's hoping he stays healthy...
|
DanDunes818
12/7/2012 10:33pm
Who can forget about Windham? 19th season baby!! And on his 18th season he gave us this battle before he checked out for the year. This heat race was (for me) the best heads up battle of the year and showed us that K'dub is still a beast. Especially when Houston SX rolls around.

James and K'dub heat race brawl from Houston.

And the GoPro from the battle.

ocscottie
12/7/2012 11:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/7/2012 11:16pm
Damn he looked so freakin good that night! Some of his comments on twit after that get off were pretty classic. Laughing

I hope we see him in that same form come Jan.!!!

....and cant wait for some of his infamous transfers Woohoo

Mad luv for The Dub!
TerryK
12/7/2012 11:47pm
Nobody has forgotten KDub. He's one of the very few constants in our sport. You don't need to speculate or worry. You just know KW will be on the line.
Crush
12/8/2012 1:05am
When he crashed last year chasing Stewy, he was hauling the fucking mail... ridiculous.

The Shop

jakeeee
12/8/2012 4:56am
Them 2 videos above are epic!
Trav138
12/8/2012 7:00am
What a career he's had. I witnessed him destroy his femur in atlanta in 02, and i thought he was done. That section he was trying to quad was mind blowing. Probably the most style and technique i've ever seen in person imo. Hoping he can be up front and mix it up with everybody. Big respect big fan
davistld01
12/8/2012 7:53am
jakeeee wrote:
Absolutely! I love to watch Kevin ride when he's feeling it.
jndmx
12/8/2012 8:09am
Damn I love me some K-Dub.

Amazing to see a guy throwing down with kids that were in diapers when he turned pro.
Hank_Thrill
12/8/2012 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 12/8/2012 12:27pm
Here is one of my favorite K-Dub performances (though short lived). He has just as much talent as any of the other top guys, it is just a matter of whether or not he is in the mood to lay it all on the line. Huston and Vegas usually do the trick. It sucks he has had some bad wrecks the past few times he has totally completely gone for it.

https://youtu.be/23L6oank_kg
12/8/2012 12:14pm
Just like Travis, no one can say they don't like K-Dub!
12/8/2012 4:37pm
He was always frustrating to watch because you knew he could wax the field if he felt that they were worthy for a beating.
dirtnapper
12/8/2012 4:43pm
Love watching KDub! Big fan, and hoping he's up threre this season! Wink
PTECH
12/8/2012 4:58pm
Never seen steweies go pro from that night.... KW was looking goooood.
Hando
12/8/2012 5:12pm
Trav138 wrote:
What a career he's had. I witnessed him destroy his femur in atlanta in 02, and i thought he was done. That section he was trying...
What a career he's had. I witnessed him destroy his femur in atlanta in 02, and i thought he was done. That section he was trying to quad was mind blowing. Probably the most style and technique i've ever seen in person imo. Hoping he can be up front and mix it up with everybody. Big respect big fan
i remember reading in a magazine (maybe twmx?) that the quad he was doing was pretty diabolical and people were like..is he trying to kill himself?
elsinore
12/8/2012 5:25pm
Hate the Aints...but who dat KDUB14!Cool
Trav138
12/8/2012 7:09pm
Trav138 wrote:
What a career he's had. I witnessed him destroy his femur in atlanta in 02, and i thought he was done. That section he was trying...
Hando wrote:
i remember reading in a magazine (maybe twmx?) that the quad he was doing was pretty diabolical and people were like..is he trying to kill himself?
Ya i heard that to, i think its just unbelievable skill. I watched him in amateurs some and he was just mind blowing. Him and Travis rode a lot together when they were on Suzuki and Travis would always talk of Kevin doing crazy shit on the track that he wouldn't even try haha thats saying something coming from that crazy mf. Also these last few years, his career winding down and he's still hitting those sic transfers. Hoping he stays healthy this season. Wasn't it like 04 or 05 that he started flying himself and his family in his own plane to the races, how fucking cool is that?
GHR
12/8/2012 8:01pm
My personal short list of badass fan favorites all time last 20 years:
1) Doug Henry
2) MC
3) Windem
4) Pastrana
jeffro503
12/8/2012 8:12pm
KW = My all time favorite rider. Great race there in that first video with him and James.

Here is to hoping KW ( and James ) have some great races this next season!
Braaap14
12/8/2012 9:17pm
There's a reason im braaap "14"
12/8/2012 10:34pm
Has anyone seen the pics from the Geico photoshoot this week? If anything, his whips are still unbelievable. As flat and graceful as can be. I really hope he can hang in there with those guys but he's hit the ground a little more than usual the past couple of years. I think he'll be okay, though. I just hope he stays safe.
Crush
12/8/2012 11:03pm
Trav138 wrote:
Hando wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
Ya i heard that to, i think its just unbelievable skill. I watched him in amateurs some and he was just mind blowing. Him and Travis...
Ya i heard that to, i think its just unbelievable skill. I watched him in amateurs some and he was just mind blowing. Him and Travis rode a lot together when they were on Suzuki and Travis would always talk of Kevin doing crazy shit on the track that he wouldn't even try haha thats saying something coming from that crazy mf. Also these last few years, his career winding down and he's still hitting those sic transfers. Hoping he stays healthy this season. Wasn't it like 04 or 05 that he started flying himself and his family in his own plane to the races, how fucking cool is that?
I read the same... Was there any video or footage? Kinda like trying to track down the RC vs Reynard race... I missed it at the time and took until last year till I saw it...
Trav138
12/8/2012 11:46pm
Hando wrote:
Trav138 wrote:
Ya i heard that to, i think its just unbelievable skill. I watched him in amateurs some and he was just mind blowing. Him and Travis...
Crush wrote:
I read the same... Was there any video or footage? Kinda like trying to track down the RC vs Reynard race... I missed it at the...
I read the same... Was there any video or footage? Kinda like trying to track down the RC vs Reynard race... I missed it at the time and took until last year till I saw it...
I've never seen any footage of the actual crash i think i saw some footage like right after it happened when he was being attended to. If i remember right it was at the end of a long technical rhythm section where he was trying to quad out at the end of that section.. I dont know about now but back then Atlanta was known for having one of the more difficult layouts each season loved going to those races.
12/9/2012 12:16am
Trav138 wrote:
Crush wrote:
I read the same... Was there any video or footage? Kinda like trying to track down the RC vs Reynard race... I missed it at the...
Trav138 wrote:
I've never seen any footage of the actual crash i think i saw some footage like right after it happened when he was being attended to...
I've never seen any footage of the actual crash i think i saw some footage like right after it happened when he was being attended to. If i remember right it was at the end of a long technical rhythm section where he was trying to quad out at the end of that section.. I dont know about now but back then Atlanta was known for having one of the more difficult layouts each season loved going to those races.
I don't think there is any footage of the crash but it must have been at the end. There was a huge dropoff at the end that was supposed to be a landing. Needless to say, it didn't look anything like that. If I remember right, RC and Travis were doing a quad at the very beginning, but that must not have been the one that Kevin crashed on. I remember in a recent Racer X issue, he was saying that he had sunk so low, he was doing that insane quad because he didn't really care anymore. It was a really dark part of his life. But then he went on to say that to have that happen to him was about as good a thing to happen to him in this case. He pretty much implied that if it hadn't happened, he would have gotten in a car accident or something else really bad would've happened. I'm so glad he was able to rebuild his career and his life. Most riders would've just given up all together but to come back from that crash and his problems and have the kind of success he's had since is truly amazing. Yet another testament to the endurance and power of Kevin Windham.
gotwings
12/9/2012 9:37am
jeffro503 wrote:
KW = My all time favorite rider. Great race there in that first video with him and James. Here is to hoping KW ( and James...
KW = My all time favorite rider. Great race there in that first video with him and James.

Here is to hoping KW ( and James ) have some great races this next season!
He's my favorite current rider, for sure! He sets the standard for strength, tenacity, skill, personality, marketability, and sportsmanship.
Any young pro's starting out would do well to model themselves after him. Great role model.
It'll be a sad day when he retires from racing. I hope he stays involved in the sport on a team level...
JBods
12/9/2012 11:56am
you cant ever count windham out he will always be up there
TDeath21
12/9/2012 6:34pm
I truly believe if he'd have been more aggressive during his career, he'd have won at least one championship. However, his style is what has allowed him to race this long.

Post a reply to: Let's not forget about WINDHAM!!!

The Latest