Let's make America great

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 9:55am
|
BobbyM
1/29/2018 7:50am
Moates was a great rider and even a greater person. Man I Miss him.

The Shop

davistld01
1/29/2018 7:56am
BobbyM wrote:
Moates was a great rider and even a greater person. Man I Miss him.
Pretty cool event in American MX history. Marty always seemed like a real humble dude who you'd like to hang around with.
Forty
1/29/2018 8:10am
I have to watch it through every time even though I've seen it 100 times.

What a day for Marty....

Watching that 465 mono shock hammer him brings back memories, and some phantom pain in my lower back. A lot of guys went very fast on those 465 yz. I had an 81 and could not get the rear dialed, it just kicked and swapped. Strangely enough I had an 81 250 as well and it wasn't near as bad.
1/29/2018 8:31am Edited Date/Time 1/29/2018 8:58am
A few things come to mind when watching that....

- ABC Wild World of Sports: what a instrumental TV show that helped launch entire industries. Incredible production value and such a effective way to reach the masses.

- The Bikes: Those were the best bikes in the world and they look so much more manageable than today's bikes

- The Track: Not a single double. Literally anyone watching that race would think that MX looks fun and safe

- Jim Lampley is a total pro. 1000x better than Ralph.

Off road bike sales continue to get worse. The OEMs are quietly in a panic. Their #1 marketing tool is supercross, which couldnt be more different than the video Bobby posted. It's pretty obvious to me why sales are hurting.
JustMX
1/29/2018 9:02am
A few things come to mind when watching that.... - ABC Wild World of Sports: what a instrumental TV show that helped launch entire industries. Incredible...

- ABC Wild World of Sports: what a instrumental TV show that helped launch entire industries. Incredible production value and such a effective way to reach the masses.

- The Bikes: Those were the best bikes in the world and they look so much more manageable than today's bikes

- The Track: Not a single double. Literally anyone watching that race would think that MX looks fun and safe

Off road bike sales continue to get worse. The OEMs are quietly in a panic. Their #1 marketing tool is supercross, which couldnt be more different than the video Bobby posted. It's pretty obvious to me why sales are hurting.
Well said
bball35
1/29/2018 9:26am
A few things come to mind when watching that.... - ABC Wild World of Sports: what a instrumental TV show that helped launch entire industries. Incredible...

JustMX wrote:
Well said
Or the fact that land continues to be getting harder and harder to ride on. More people are moving to the cities than ever? Younger generation cannot get rid of looking at their phones all day? All this places a major part in bike sales being down.

OEMs want sales to go up and have people riding all the time make it affordable enough where a teenager can go out and pick up a bike like back in the 70s. Nowadays if little Johnnys parents are making a above average living little Johnny is not getting into motocross.
bball35
1/29/2018 9:36am
WCRider wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/29/240929/s1200_DUTnLmzX0AEeUJ1.jpg[/img]

A picture says a 1000 words. Nothing is truer than what you just posted. This world is so confused we cannot even tell right from wrong. Nowadays the #METOO movement would find the 1960 photo offensive.
akillerwombat
1/29/2018 9:55am
bball35 wrote:
A picture says a 1000 words. Nothing is truer than what you just posted. This world is so confused we cannot even tell right from wrong...
A picture says a 1000 words. Nothing is truer than what you just posted. This world is so confused we cannot even tell right from wrong. Nowadays the #METOO movement would find the 1960 photo offensive.
... you could easily reverse these photos and it would make just as much sense as it does now.

Post a reply to: Let's make America great

The Latest