Lets get Ralph off the air..CBS & Speed contact info.

DanDunes818
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:09pm
I consistently hear everyone talk about how bad Ralph Sheehan is at his job. We need to get somebody like Weegy in his position. It's insulting to the real fan to have a guy that knows absolutely nothing about are sport in his position. The guy has no idea what he's talking about and seems to make shit up at will.. Like saying Wharton won in New Orleans last year when we as fans all know it was in St. Louey that he took the checkered flag. That's just a small fck up but he makes them every week.

You can contact CBS here .. http://www.cbs.com/...s/fb_global_form.php

You can contact speed here.. http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/
|
Void Main
1/17/2010 4:20pm
Look, Ralph may have a giant toucan like beak but I don't think he's that bad. He's just a freakin' announcer.
nmanley
1/17/2010 4:50pm
Dumb ass, all their information is fed to them by the guy in their headsets. How fucking stupid are you???
Ing
1/17/2010 4:52pm
nmanley wrote:
Dumb ass, all their information is fed to them by the guy in their headsets. How fucking stupid are you???
Wrong.

The Shop

fencepost
1/17/2010 5:26pm
I'm use to Ralph at this point. I enjoy when he messes up ( I.E. James Reed)
Uncleof2
1/17/2010 5:31pm
How about in the heat race when I think it was Millsaps was in 10th and Ralph said he well out of qualifying and then he was in 9th and as he moved into 8th, he says Millsap
moves up to 8th and is finally in qualifying position.
Yaya
Fantasy
2539th
1/17/2010 5:37pm
fencepost wrote:
I'm use to Ralph at this point. I enjoy when he messes up ( I.E. James Reed)
Haha I know everybody had to hear it, "Goose Gosselaar." Yea thats his nickname but damn didn't know Mike changed it to his offical name hahaha
DanDunes818
1/17/2010 5:37pm
Uncleof2 wrote:
How about in the heat race when I think it was Millsaps was in 10th and Ralph said he well out of qualifying and then he...
How about in the heat race when I think it was Millsaps was in 10th and Ralph said he well out of qualifying and then he was in 9th and as he moved into 8th, he says Millsap
moves up to 8th and is finally in qualifying position.
Classic Ralphy..lol
1/17/2010 5:40pm
Ralph Sheehan is a terrible announcer. He doesn't know shit, and makes mistakes all the time. To top it all off he has a really annoying voice. Thanks for the contact info. I'll gladly send a few short emails if it keeps me from listening to that dumbass season after season. They definitely need someone like Weigandt to announce.
Scrote247
1/17/2010 5:42pm
whats next? Erin Bates has black hair...uh oh!
ktm764
1/17/2010 5:43pm
Ralphs a good announcer, but i'm thinking supercross might not be his thing, leave it to the experts. Kevin Windam just went thru the whoops pretty good on his stock suspension!!!!! huh!!!
DanDunes818
1/17/2010 6:14pm
Ralph Sheehan is a terrible announcer. He doesn't know shit, and makes mistakes all the time. To top it all off he has a really annoying...
Ralph Sheehan is a terrible announcer. He doesn't know shit, and makes mistakes all the time. To top it all off he has a really annoying voice. Thanks for the contact info. I'll gladly send a few short emails if it keeps me from listening to that dumbass season after season. They definitely need someone like Weigandt to announce.
Don't you constently feel like he's insulting your intelligence. Bring on the Weeg. Only thing that would suck about that is we'd lose him on supercross live. Or maybe Holley and Weegy could do them both at the same time. They make an awesome team. Holley is the 2nd best color guy in the business behind DB. But it's close.
Lightning78
1/17/2010 6:18pm
Art Eckman was an awesome announcer......It would be great to have Denny and Emig in the booth
petegrath
1/17/2010 6:20pm
I think the folks in the know have already covered this.

Ralph's fantastic at his job, obviously better than the others otherwise they'd be there. Everyone who's worked with him have given him his props in one interview or another. Fro's the last one I can think of.

It's like this: One experienced rider to give the "inside information" as to what's happening out on the racetrack, one experienced announcer to keep the entire fucking show from falling apart.

Questions?
petegrath
1/17/2010 6:20pm
Just saw the last post, by "others", I certainly don't mean those before him.
ogdeno
1/17/2010 6:33pm
petegrath wrote:
I think the folks in the know have already covered this. Ralph's fantastic at his job, obviously better than the others otherwise they'd be there. Everyone...
I think the folks in the know have already covered this.

Ralph's fantastic at his job, obviously better than the others otherwise they'd be there. Everyone who's worked with him have given him his props in one interview or another. Fro's the last one I can think of.

It's like this: One experienced rider to give the "inside information" as to what's happening out on the racetrack, one experienced announcer to keep the entire fucking show from falling apart.

Questions?

I totally agree. I think the job is far tougher than what people think. I believe Weege would do a fantastic job. I also think Speed know what they're doing and if they thought someone could do better they'd already have the job.
DAYKIN17
1/17/2010 6:43pm
How about Jim Holley, dude rocks and has actually raced before like Emig
ocscottie
1/17/2010 6:49pm
Awhile back one of the producers of the show came on here and answered a bunch of questions, and he told us there is NO getting away from Ralph, he is Speed's guy, like it or not, we are stuck with him.

Its unfortunate, i cant think of plenty of other commentators i would rather have behind the mic.
sharkey
1/17/2010 6:51pm
id be nice if he would quit saying"the fastest man on the planet" all the time. do we have to hear this all year
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
1/17/2010 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 1/17/2010 6:58pm
ocscottie wrote:
Awhile back one of the producers of the show came on here and answered a bunch of questions, and he told us there is NO getting...
Awhile back one of the producers of the show came on here and answered a bunch of questions, and he told us there is NO getting away from Ralph, he is Speed's guy, like it or not, we are stuck with him.

Its unfortunate, i cant think of plenty of other commentators i would rather have behind the mic.
Yep.
It is also a shame that Feld has to pay big money out their own pockets to even get Speed to air these events.

IMO...The last thing you wanna do is complain.
Remember a couple years back or so when there was talk of doing away with the SX TV broadcasts as a whole, and just going to a pay per live video internet stream?
Larry
1/17/2010 6:55pm
A great race and all you guys can do is bitch about a talking head.
zjbell
1/17/2010 7:02pm
Mute the TV if it bothers you.

Remember waiting weeks to watch SX at 2am?
tobz
1/17/2010 7:08pm
Larry wrote:
the talking head nearly ruins a great race. The guy is frustrating as shit. If they can't get rid of him, let him do the intro's and outro's, and the little stuff like the recaps, but for the actual race commentating, leave it to the people who know what the hell is going on.
petegrath
1/17/2010 7:11pm
sharkey wrote:
id be nice if he would quit saying"the fastest man on the planet" all the time. do we have to hear this all year
Dude, he's reading cue cards.

The rivalry and the hype is what they're trying to use to broaden the sport.

Okay, think of all the boxing promotions throughout televised history. They run with catch phases all the time. I mean, jeeze... look at the promos before the race even starts. Reed and Stewart. Classic rivalry.

Dungey wasn't thought of for the first rounds at all. But of course they'll catch up and we'll be seeing promos with Ryan next. It's a business, and they need to create rivalry to attract an audience.

If any of you think Ralph's got a horse in this race, you need to think a little harder about where the sport's hoping to go.
petegrath
1/17/2010 7:12pm
Larry wrote:
tobz wrote:
the talking head nearly ruins a great race. The guy is frustrating as shit. If they can't get rid of him, let him do the intro's...
the talking head nearly ruins a great race. The guy is frustrating as shit. If they can't get rid of him, let him do the intro's and outro's, and the little stuff like the recaps, but for the actual race commentating, leave it to the people who know what the hell is going on.
If an announcer ruins the race for you, I can't help ya.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
1/17/2010 7:12pm
Some of you guys will complain no matter who is calling the race.

With action like that, I didn't even hear them. Now, if this was in the McGrath era we would hear them all the time. Heck, they at least showed the battles out there! Usually it would be just on the leader.
1/17/2010 7:19pm
i like art eckman too but i think he was like harry carey and may have had a few beers up there. he would kinda start to studder. ha ha Look at the bright side at least they didnt give us that Ricky Rachtman tool box!
1/17/2010 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:07pm
Gotta say Ralph makes supercross sound SO CHEESY from the booth.

But like all networks they think they have to legitimize the broadcast by putting a guy in there thats experienced at announcing not w/ the sport. ESPN does it all the time having guys anounce for Xgames moto or Snow that don't know a thing & make it sound so cheesy & fake.

Post a reply to: Lets get Ralph off the air..CBS & Speed contact info.

The Latest