Let's face it: Barcia is the new "Guy".

NoGo
3/29/2012 10:12am
jndmx wrote:
A regional series.......not that spectacular........someone better get Mitch Payton on the phone.
Pretty sure he already knows. It's nice to win it but it's only half a series with half of the competition. He's done nothing the past 2 years outdoors.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/29/2012 10:31am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 10:32am
NoGo wrote:
He's dominating a regional series.not that spectacular
Yeah, because the tracks the "regional" guys race on are just scaled-down versions of the real thing...
Dano39
3/29/2012 10:43am
NoGo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, because the tracks the "regional" guys race on are just scaled-down versions of the real thing...
I don't think NoGo's comment was about the scale or difficulty of the tracks. But more about the competition being split amongst the two divisions(East/West).
robkinuk
3/29/2012 10:48am
NoGo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Dano39 wrote:
I don't think NoGo's comment was about the scale or difficulty of the tracks. But more about the competition being split amongst the two divisions(East/West).
We definately need an irony Emoticon on here , when even our erstwhile leader is misunderstood!WinkLaughing

The Shop

moto282
3/29/2012 10:58am
jndmx wrote:
A regional series.......not that spectacular........someone better get Mitch Payton on the phone.
NoGo wrote:
Pretty sure he already knows. It's nice to win it but it's only half a series with half of the competition. He's done nothing the past...
Pretty sure he already knows. It's nice to win it but it's only half a series with half of the competition. He's done nothing the past 2 years outdoors.
Correct, he hasn't done well on a 250 outdoors the past few years. But his performance on the 450 last year showed he has the speed to win races. Go watch Unadilla or Southwick again. He rides a 450 outdoors well. And if you think winning a West/East SX championship (and almost every race he entered like RC) is not spectacular, then you must be new to the sport... cause it's kind of a big deal.
brianfagan9
3/29/2012 10:59am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
Who else is there though? Kawasaki will be focusing on trying to get Dean whilst keeping Villopoto. Suzuki is poor and not factory. JGR is paying...
Who else is there though? Kawasaki will be focusing on trying to get Dean whilst keeping Villopoto. Suzuki is poor and not factory. JGR is paying enough for Stew. KTM is fine with Dung.

brianf: He already showed he can hang with Dung and Poto outdoors. And according to the experts on this site, he sucks outdoors.
If I remember correctly he started out in front of them was caught and passed. When he comes from behind and passes the guys I mentioned ill be impressed. Until then chill on the it guy crap.
NoGo
3/29/2012 11:03am
NoGo wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Dano39 wrote:
you are the only one who understood what i said.
NoGo
3/29/2012 11:08am
moto282 wrote:
Correct, he hasn't done well on a 250 outdoors the past few years. But his performance on the 450 last year showed he has the speed...
Correct, he hasn't done well on a 250 outdoors the past few years. But his performance on the 450 last year showed he has the speed to win races. Go watch Unadilla or Southwick again. He rides a 450 outdoors well. And if you think winning a West/East SX championship (and almost every race he entered like RC) is not spectacular, then you must be new to the sport... cause it's kind of a big deal.
he is nothing like rc who won all the races in the series. either way its still only half of a series. as far as unadilla and southwick go he should be doing good at both since he grew up on both those tracks. how about you go watch every other outdoor and see where he finished in those. im not taking his regional titles away or saying theyre not good im saying its not really something that indicates hes "the guy". hes won pretty much 2 regional titles now and nothing outdoors. comparing him to rc is a stretch when rc won outdoors on a small bike as well.
moto282
3/29/2012 11:19am
moto282 wrote:
Correct, he hasn't done well on a 250 outdoors the past few years. But his performance on the 450 last year showed he has the speed...
NoGo wrote:
he is nothing like rc who won all the races in the series. either way its still only half of a series. as far as unadilla...
he is nothing like rc who won all the races in the series. either way its still only half of a series. as far as unadilla and southwick go he should be doing good at both since he grew up on both those tracks. how about you go watch every other outdoor and see where he finished in those. im not taking his regional titles away or saying theyre not good im saying its not really something that indicates hes "the guy". hes won pretty much 2 regional titles now and nothing outdoors. comparing him to rc is a stretch when rc won outdoors on a small bike as well.
I don't think he's the next RC... I was comparing his performance this year in SX to Ricky's undefeated 125 "regional" title... which btw I'm not the first to do.

Anyone who wins almost of all the SX races (250 or 450) obviously has skills and has the potential to do well in the future. I don't think Barcia is going to jump to the big bikes and be the next RV... but even RV wasn't the next "RV" when he jumped to big bikes (it took him a few years to start winning a lot).

I agree with you that Barcia isn't the new "Guy", but I disagree that his accomplishments are not impressive.
NoGo
3/29/2012 11:39am
moto282 wrote:
I don't think he's the next RC... I was comparing his performance this year in SX to Ricky's undefeated 125 "regional" title... which btw I'm not...
I don't think he's the next RC... I was comparing his performance this year in SX to Ricky's undefeated 125 "regional" title... which btw I'm not the first to do.

Anyone who wins almost of all the SX races (250 or 450) obviously has skills and has the potential to do well in the future. I don't think Barcia is going to jump to the big bikes and be the next RV... but even RV wasn't the next "RV" when he jumped to big bikes (it took him a few years to start winning a lot).

I agree with you that Barcia isn't the new "Guy", but I disagree that his accomplishments are not impressive.
I never took his accomplishments from him. What I said was they aren't an indicator of the future at all. And again rc won regional lites and outdoor lites so there is no comparison.
Huckster
3/29/2012 11:42am
NoGo wrote:
I never took his accomplishments from him. What I said was they aren't an indicator of the future at all. And again rc won regional lites...
I never took his accomplishments from him. What I said was they aren't an indicator of the future at all. And again rc won regional lites and outdoor lites so there is no comparison.
Yup lots of guys have won regional titles and never won another title again....like Kevin Windham for example.....
pilotdude
3/29/2012 11:43am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 12:05pm
I haven't read all 3 pages but here are my up to date observations about Barcia:

1. He has mellowed his riding style from super-over rev to normal amount of over rev.

2. He has mellowed his bam bam style from bash everyone all the time to bash within reason when necessary.

3. He is well spoken in his interviews and is showing good maturity for his age.

3. He is absolutely devastating his supercross lites East competition this year and showed last year that he has the speed to run with the top pilots in his 450 outdoor rides.

4. He is working with Jeff Stanton who is an old-school, no bullshit, tough-as-nails guy and his team manager is Mike Larocco, who is also an old-school, no bullshit, tough-as-nails guy. Working with these two legends has probably instilled a lot of the old-school, no bullshit, tough-as-nails attitude we are seeing right now.

5. I expect him to continue to improve as he continues to work with people who provide him with the tough love and good guidance he needs to achieve his potential.

6. Eli Tomac has many of these same qualities and also has excellent family and team guidance.
Dano39
3/29/2012 11:58am
^^^ THIS! And I'm definitely more a fan of his because of it.
Gukamonster
3/29/2012 2:13pm
Kind of stretch to predict him being the top guy of our sport. Like it or not, his 250SX domination is just a regional series, one half of the best 250 riders are missing. It's a huge accomplishment but the points earned don't even count towards your national number.... At this point let's call him the next Ernesto Fonseca or Ivan Tedesco.

The guy has only 1 win outdoors way back in August 2009. That is 1 win in 32 races outdoors on the 250. Austin Stroupe even has a better winning percentage (1 in 14). If he cleans up this year outdoors things will snowball for him for sure but he has a very long way to go.
3/29/2012 3:36pm
pilotdude wrote:
I haven't read all 3 pages but here are my up to date observations about Barcia: 1. He has mellowed his riding style from super-over rev...
I haven't read all 3 pages but here are my up to date observations about Barcia:

1. He has mellowed his riding style from super-over rev to normal amount of over rev.

2. He has mellowed his bam bam style from bash everyone all the time to bash within reason when necessary.

3. He is well spoken in his interviews and is showing good maturity for his age.

3. He is absolutely devastating his supercross lites East competition this year and showed last year that he has the speed to run with the top pilots in his 450 outdoor rides.

4. He is working with Jeff Stanton who is an old-school, no bullshit, tough-as-nails guy and his team manager is Mike Larocco, who is also an old-school, no bullshit, tough-as-nails guy. Working with these two legends has probably instilled a lot of the old-school, no bullshit, tough-as-nails attitude we are seeing right now.

5. I expect him to continue to improve as he continues to work with people who provide him with the tough love and good guidance he needs to achieve his potential.

6. Eli Tomac has many of these same qualities and also has excellent family and team guidance.
That is all i'm saying as well but the kid is a winner with heart of a lion.......and his program only started getting good last year since he has INVESTED all his cash in to his career and now is going to have his income secured at high figures.

He looks fitter faster and more patient and confident as well as strategic and introspective.

The program is just building......he will join the fab five....he is not going to end up as the best of the rest.
NoGo
3/29/2012 3:49pm
His riding style is the same. His over rev doesn't kick in unless he's being pressured. But it was there in Daytona and Indy.
pilotdude
3/29/2012 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 3:57pm
NoGo wrote:
His riding style is the same. His over rev doesn't kick in unless he's being pressured. But it was there in Daytona and Indy.
Your apparent dislike for him has blinded you. His style is more mellow and deliberate than in the past. It's rather obvious and has been recognized as such by fans, other riders, and the TV commentators.
NoGo
3/29/2012 4:09pm
pilotdude wrote:
Your apparent dislike for him has blinded you. His style is more mellow and deliberate than in the past. It's rather obvious and has been recognized...
Your apparent dislike for him has blinded you. His style is more mellow and deliberate than in the past. It's rather obvious and has been recognized as such by fans, other riders, and the TV commentators.
If my dislike for him blinded my view I would be saying he sucks and putting asterisks on his titles. He's fast indoors and he gets good starts indoors and out. But his style is still the same he's always looked good out front without pressure but he over revs when he isn't out front like in indy or if he gets pressure from behind like Daytona.
3/29/2012 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2012 7:07pm
pilotdude wrote:
Your apparent dislike for him has blinded you. His style is more mellow and deliberate than in the past. It's rather obvious and has been recognized...
NoGo wrote:
If my dislike for him blinded my view I would be saying he sucks and putting asterisks on his titles. He's fast indoors and he gets...
If my dislike for him blinded my view I would be saying he sucks and putting asterisks on his titles. He's fast indoors and he gets good starts indoors and out. But his style is still the same he's always looked good out front without pressure but he over revs when he isn't out front like in indy or if he gets pressure from behind like Daytona.
Indoors I don't see him pressured, I see him managing the race while out front.

At daytona millsaps gained 8 seconds on james in the final lap.

Barcia it can be argued went in to don't throw it away on this treacherous track with an out of the points bagget behind him.

Outdoors his speed has been shown and some of uswho watch the sport intently believe he is putting together the pieces he has been missing to make a run at the title and then work hard to keep climbing the 450 ladder to the level of the Ryans in 2014, probably with Deano and maybe Tomac........possibly without Reed and James.

A couple million industry dollars (that are hard to come by) are betting on this kid over the course of the next two seasons so while there may be some meesage boarders who dont like him or his style the smart money says he is a future contender.
mxrider225
Fantasy
2855th
3/29/2012 8:31pm
ocscottie wrote:
Will Tomac be moving up next year also?

...adding Deano and Barcia to the already loaded 450 class is going to be awesome.
If he wins a championship he only has another year(2013) in the 250s.

Post a reply to: Let's face it: Barcia is the new "Guy".

The Latest