Lets Get Real About Roczen

1/7/2018 4:39pm
It's an incredible story, full stop.

If he had finished 10th, I would have said, "What a ride..." But P1 in Qually, then coming through the pack to a solid 4th, and staying upright is just phenomenal considering the state he was in not that long ago.

Speed is there, 1st race out of the way, I hope he can just keep it calm and let things come as they will.
FlaNard
1/7/2018 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2018 4:52pm
FlaNard wrote:
Feel free to point out the thing I actually said that is incorrect.
Skuzzy29 wrote:
I did!
By showing Kenny is capable of going as fast as anyone else for one lap on each segment of the track? I never said he couldn't go fast for a lap. Practice showed that. But he also made up no ground on the guys that beat him and he had plenty of laps to do it. He beat everyone he should have beaten sans Eli. Kenny was injured when he was arguably the fastest racer in the world. Of course he is still going to be elite. He's just going to have to win with consistency more than expecting to ruin everyone with out and out speed. He has a great shot at the title if he remains consistent because none of the guys he needs to beat have much of that over a season themselves.
Ebs
1/7/2018 5:02pm
I'm a fan, but I'll admit it, I was one of the doubters. I'm glad he showed us wrong.

kiwifan
1/7/2018 5:06pm
kiwifan wrote:
Totally agree, absolutely astounding comeback...a inspiration to all those who have or are in the process of dealing with major injuries as a result of racing...
Totally agree, absolutely astounding comeback...a inspiration to all those who have or are in the process of dealing with major injuries as a result of racing a dirt bike.
BobbyM wrote:
An injury.
Sorry I counted his wrist, broken arm, stuffed elbow as multiple injuries not one....not to mention the added nasty complication of compartment syndrome.

The Shop

kiwifan
1/7/2018 5:09pm
FlaNard wrote:
By showing Kenny is capable of going as fast as anyone else for one lap on each segment of the track? I never said he couldn't...
By showing Kenny is capable of going as fast as anyone else for one lap on each segment of the track? I never said he couldn't go fast for a lap. Practice showed that. But he also made up no ground on the guys that beat him and he had plenty of laps to do it. He beat everyone he should have beaten sans Eli. Kenny was injured when he was arguably the fastest racer in the world. Of course he is still going to be elite. He's just going to have to win with consistency more than expecting to ruin everyone with out and out speed. He has a great shot at the title if he remains consistent because none of the guys he needs to beat have much of that over a season themselves.
lets see how others could come back, from what was it 12th place?, to get in top 4 against some pretty damn fast riders out there....like it or not hes gonna tire a little bit after doing that plus not get any clear track to set fast laps unlike the leaders.
Skuzzy29
1/7/2018 5:26pm
FlaNard wrote:
By showing Kenny is capable of going as fast as anyone else for one lap on each segment of the track? I never said he couldn't...
Yes! You said he'd need luck because he doesn't have the speed to beat those guys.

JB51 was 2nd lap 1, MM25 was 5th, JA21 was 6th and KR94 was 12th! Yet he finished 4th, after a bobble that lost him 2 spots and was only 4 seconds behind Barcia until he backed it down the last couple of laps. For his first race in almost a year! You don't think he'll improve? He ran faster lap times than Barcia laps 13-19 so he WAS catching him, albeit slowly (Barcia had a bad lap 15)...then a bad lap in 21 probably ended any chance of challenging for the podium.

JB51 KR94
13 53.899 53.686 -0.213
14 54.9 53.865 -1.035
15 55.405 54.237 -1.168
16 54.469 54.154 -0.315
17 54.546 54.28 -0.266
18 54.358 54.243 -0.115
19 54.731 54.559 -0.172
20 54.904 54.94 0.036
21 54.576 55.155 0.579
22 54.138 54.588 0.45
23 54.517 55.498 0.981
24 55.555 57.507 1.952
motoxparks
1/7/2018 5:42pm
Firefly47 wrote:
That's it. Hand him the #1 plate already.
This. I'm just sad I ever doubted the guy in the first place. He's been saying it from the beginning. That son of a gun pulled it off. Champ already. And as for the speed? No way, he proved he had the fastest speed when he wanted it. It was clear that when he got into 4th, he chose to ride conservatively. Frankly, that's bad news for everyone else. Just incredible and truly inspiring.
bsharkey
1/7/2018 5:47pm
Although he wasn't gaining much on the top 3, he wasn't losing any which is really awesome to see. Even with the cobwebs, the kid was...
Although he wasn't gaining much on the top 3, he wasn't losing any which is really awesome to see. Even with the cobwebs, the kid was slicing through the pack with ease.
I think he's gotten smarter the risk vs reward finished fourth or push too hard and maybe possibly crash. I'll tell you one thing he definitely had the Speed before his little incident and he was faster through the corners than anyone out there. There was some laps where he rode pretty cautious especially around webb
motoxparks
1/7/2018 5:50pm
Although he wasn't gaining much on the top 3, he wasn't losing any which is really awesome to see. Even with the cobwebs, the kid was...
Although he wasn't gaining much on the top 3, he wasn't losing any which is really awesome to see. Even with the cobwebs, the kid was slicing through the pack with ease.
bsharkey wrote:
I think he's gotten smarter the risk vs reward finished fourth or push too hard and maybe possibly crash. I'll tell you one thing he definitely...
I think he's gotten smarter the risk vs reward finished fourth or push too hard and maybe possibly crash. I'll tell you one thing he definitely had the Speed before his little incident and he was faster through the corners than anyone out there. There was some laps where he rode pretty cautious especially around webb
Exactly. He was riding smart out there. When he wanted to he could lay it down and be the fastest rider on the track. Like you said, his corner speed is unmatched.
bball35
1/7/2018 5:58pm
I just pray he stays healthy. I don’t think my heart can handle him getting seriously hurt after all he went through last year
PEPE001
1/7/2018 7:02pm
bball35 wrote:
I just pray he stays healthy. I don’t think my heart can handle him getting seriously hurt after all he went through last year
Last Year he might have thought he is invincible.
He had some close calls Saturday but was riding way smarter at least this race.

deluxeman
1/7/2018 7:03pm
I am very surprised he made it back this early. He is a beast for sure. A1 is only 1 race and there is 16 more to go. Lets not get ahead of ourselves yet. He damn near threw it on the deck 2-3 times in the main. Ken is a guy who has been known to crash big, because he pushes so hard to destroy everyone else. Can he keep that drive and desire in check? Time will tell, I hope he can.

Dungey had that mindset, he had a gameplan and stuck to it. I don’t see Roczen as that type of rider, he is 100%, 100% of the time. If he can learn and grow as a rider he will certainly be a Champion.
TeamGreen
1/7/2018 7:10pm
I'm simply loving all the shit that the Nay-Sayers are having to eat.

"He's done."

"It's over."

"He'll never be as fast as he was."

"That arm is toast."
Yada, yada, yada.
mauidex
1/7/2018 7:15pm
If Kroc can put in another 5 or 6 races staying off the ground with any major crashes and not have any nagging little injuries to affect training, by halfway he’s gonna lay an ass whipping on the field.
oshow
1/7/2018 7:34pm
motoxparks wrote:
It's called a miracle. I know people have for the most part been giving him pats on the back. But truthfully, this guy could have won...
It's called a miracle. I know people have for the most part been giving him pats on the back. But truthfully, this guy could have won the race had he started up front. Came from 12th to 4th. He is absolutely a title favorite now just like that. The pure desire and passion to overcome that injury is nothing short of ASTONISHING. So I thought another thread was in order. There should be way more on this forum about his comeback and way less of people hating on Tomac. Just saying..

FARANG
1/7/2018 7:36pm
Very impressive ride. I was thinking 5th-10th place would have been a great start to the season and something to build on.

4th from a bad start was awesome. That's one tough dude.
mauidex
1/7/2018 7:43pm
FARANG wrote:
Very impressive ride. I was thinking 5th-10th place would have been a great start to the season and something to build on. 4th from a bad...
Very impressive ride. I was thinking 5th-10th place would have been a great start to the season and something to build on.

4th from a bad start was awesome. That's one tough dude.
Yeah I posted on some friends site 6-8. But tickle. And Baggett. And Webb. Weren’t where I thought they should be. lots of guys who “put in the work” got schooled!!
1/7/2018 8:02pm
Show's how powerful mind of matter is, Ken never doubts himself nor does he exercise the idea he's in pain.

Post a reply to: Lets Get Real About Roczen

The Latest