Less than a week till the first GP

Yep
2/21/2017 11:36am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2017 11:38am
I can't wait to get the first couple of GPs out of the way TBH. Qatar's a soulless event on a micky mouse track and Indonesia's...
I can't wait to get the first couple of GPs out of the way TBH. Qatar's a soulless event on a micky mouse track and Indonesia's not much better. Roll on Argentina, that's where the season kicks off for me.
Agreed, Mickey Mouse
Rowlands
2/21/2017 12:34pm
Be interesting to see if this mesh style gate has any impact on any riders starts it will certainly be easier for Lisa Leyland to find the riders on the line. Maybe we will see a loop out Laughing
philG
2/21/2017 2:44pm
roninho wrote:
Why JVH? He was one of the few riders who didnt get injured last year and still only had 3 motos where he finished in the...
Why JVH? He was one of the few riders who didnt get injured last year and still only had 3 motos where he finished in the top 3. What makes you think he'll be able to get podiums in the first 3 GP's?
Motofinne wrote:
He has been pretty good in the different national rounds.

I also have him as a surprise.
Aryen wrote:
Last year he was good in the italian nationals also. MXGP season? Not so good.
If my memory is correct , he took a digger early on last year (Argentina maybe) , and was 'off' for a bit, but he did get his speed going the right way. Just think that with a new contract , and a good winter , he has a chance.

Whatever happens, im looking forward to it , deep field bro.
2/21/2017 2:54pm
Rowlands wrote:
Be interesting to see if this mesh style gate has any impact on any riders starts it will certainly be easier for Lisa Leyland to find...
Be interesting to see if this mesh style gate has any impact on any riders starts it will certainly be easier for Lisa Leyland to find the riders on the line. Maybe we will see a loop out Laughing
Starts will be no problem, all teams have made the exact replicas of the mesh that will be used at every round

The Shop

cameron96
2/21/2017 3:05pm
Just bought my seasons pass

Credit that $180 expense to the awesome racing i got from buying the USGP and mxon races last year

Guess their marketing is working
dean122
2/21/2017 3:17pm
If Bas Vaessen has the speed in MX2 that he had on minis he's going to be the up and comer for this class. Bas has insane speed and good style.
2/22/2017 12:10am
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i will keep quiet about the track because we haven't seen it yet. I criticized the Assen track heavily 2 years ago but it turned...
Yeah i will keep quiet about the track because we haven't seen it yet. I criticized the Assen track heavily 2 years ago but it turned out good.

And yes Qatar is a bad track and this track in Indonesia might be really bad. But the beauty with the GPs is like you say diversity of the tracks and dirt.

Matthes said that Qatar is a joke in the last Pulp show and i agree with him. They should be able to do better with all that money. But the biggest joke is the US nationals and the fact that riders use 1(!!!) tire for all the motos and tracks except Southwick.

I would like to see Argentina as the first round in GPs. That is one of the best tracks to watch in the world, absolutely stunning.
Yep Argentina has got all the right ingredients: stunning location, great layout and the quality of the dirt looks dreamy.

DeStouwer
2/22/2017 1:43am
Searle will sit out the first 4 rounds. Comeback is forseen for the GP of Trentino.
Bearuno
2/22/2017 2:09am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2017 2:10am
I kind of agree with you here, although I've never seen what the Indonesia track looks like. Does anyone? Are we to expect another Thailand, only...
I kind of agree with you here, although I've never seen what the Indonesia track looks like. Does anyone? Are we to expect another Thailand, only less hot? (Highs are 85-ish F, 30-ish C, apparently.)

But, yeah, the Argentina circuit is gorgeous. It helps me reaffirm how much I hate Supercross.
The track in Indonesia is on an island but isn't built yet, at least it wasn't when this was shot a month ago. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/02/21/177540/s1200_IND.jpg[/img]
The track in Indonesia is on an island but isn't built yet, at least it wasn't when this was shot a month ago.

Jrewing wrote:
Seriously if someone is injured bad at that track it could spell disaster for them. 3rd world shit
Well, each week tracks are built in a stadium that didn't exist the week before........ Oh, hang on, they end up being just glorified , vicious, BMX tracks......

But yes, they probably will build a piece of crap, but, one can only hope they don't.

Third World, well, yes, some parts of Indonesia are just that ( and, OZ and the US and the rest of the 'civilised' World, too), Third World. But, they also have some of the biggest , modern cities on earth, either in Indo or any one of the countries just a thirty/ 60 minute flight away. Darwin's not far off from there either.

Let's hope it's at least a half decent track, and All riders get through the first few rounds, well, no, All rounds in one piece.

Predictions? This is Motocross, it's a waste of time making them in my opinion.
2/22/2017 2:47am
DeStouwer wrote:
Searle will sit out the first 4 rounds. Comeback is forseen for the GP of Trentino.
I hope he can come back strong, but it's unlikely after having so much time off the bike.
Not looking good for him getting ride for next year with so many good riders for teams to choose from unless he has some outstanding rides in the last quarter of the season.
He is a bit like Wilson but in the GPS.
smxtracing
2/22/2017 5:57am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2017 5:58am
DeStouwer wrote:
I hope he can come back strong, but it's unlikely after having so much time off the bike. Not looking good for him getting ride for...
I hope he can come back strong, but it's unlikely after having so much time off the bike.
Not looking good for him getting ride for next year with so many good riders for teams to choose from unless he has some outstanding rides in the last quarter of the season.
Disagree with the Wilson comment. I love tommy loads but he has not finished a moto inside the top 3 since 2012 he has not settled with the bigger bike at all injury after injury and believe he is very lucky to have a ride now for the gps
Idp57
Fantasy
2607th
2/22/2017 6:51am
cameron96 wrote:
Just bought my seasons pass Credit that $180 expense to the awesome racing i got from buying the USGP and mxon races last year Guess their...

Credit that $180 expense to the awesome racing i got from buying the USGP and mxon races last year

Is there any discount or something!?
2/22/2017 7:08am
Oh i totally forgot, looks like Qatar will be a friday / saterday event instead of the main GP races being on sunday!

cameron96
2/22/2017 7:27am
cameron96 wrote:
Just bought my seasons pass Credit that $180 expense to the awesome racing i got from buying the USGP and mxon races last year Guess their...

Idp57 wrote:
No couldn't find a code... it will be cheaper in the US cause your dollar is stronger tho
visser62
2/22/2017 7:53am
I'm just winging it here.

MXGP:

1. Cairoli
2. JVH
3. Gajser
4. Desalle
5. Nagl

MX2:

1. Jonass
2. Seewer
3. Covington
4. Paturel
5. Sanayei
flymoto
2/22/2017 8:47am
DeStouwer wrote:
I hope he can come back strong, but it's unlikely after having so much time off the bike. Not looking good for him getting ride for...
I thought it was only a minor knee injury??

He hasn't had much luck over the last few seasons. I think he defiantly suited the 250 more, but still has some serious speed on the 450. If he can piece a decent time on the bike, get a few races under his belt, mid way through the season I reckon he will be pushing for top 6
flymoto
2/22/2017 8:48am
Any one willing to bet how anstie will do? He seems to have gelled with the husky and looks at home on it.
2/22/2017 9:07am
flymoto wrote:
Any one willing to bet how anstie will do? He seems to have gelled with the husky and looks at home on it.
Tough to say. He's looked great on the 450 in the pre-season races but MXGP is genuinely stacked this year so he'd do well to break into the top ten I reckon.
2/22/2017 9:12am
flymoto wrote:
I thought it was only a minor knee injury?? He hasn't had much luck over the last few seasons. I think he defiantly suited the 250...
I thought it was only a minor knee injury??

He hasn't had much luck over the last few seasons. I think he defiantly suited the 250 more, but still has some serious speed on the 450. If he can piece a decent time on the bike, get a few races under his belt, mid way through the season I reckon he will be pushing for top 6
2/22/2017 10:52am
cameron96 wrote:

Idp57 wrote:
cameron96 wrote:
No couldn't find a code... it will be cheaper in the US cause your dollar is stronger tho
It's currently 129.99 Euros, which should convert to about $137 US.

I locked in at 99.99 Euros (~$105 US) by taking the early subscriber discount, which I think expired January 15. That's a lotta good racing for $105.

Be aware that your credit-card company may hit you with a small "foreign currency exchange fee" (a few bucks).

edgo897
2/22/2017 10:56am
Is the event on MotorsTV or some other stream I can get on Kodi?
2/22/2017 11:39am
edgo897 wrote:
MotorsTV tends to indeed stream the GP's quite often, not allways though. Eurosport does it also sometimes. (speaking about the UK versions of both channels)

Look out for GP discussion topics during the weekends for more information & possible (free) livestream links Cool
2/22/2017 11:41am
edgo897 wrote:
Motors usually only shows Sunday's racing, I think it's worth the $ for the mxgp TV you get Saturday qualifying as well, which can sometimes be better than Sunday's racing and you can go back and watch the races you miss Smile
Yep
2/22/2017 11:48am
Having the complete archives of all the past seasons is worth the price, no need to record as all the races are just a click away and no commercials is so nice. All races beginning to end with no pauses whatsoever. Having a announcer with Paul's experience and he still has the fire going, he's part of GP's and serves it well
2/22/2017 12:41pm
I can't understand how Stephen Rubini has come straight from Euro125 to Factory Kawasaki MX2 whilst Jago Geerts & Maxime Renaux are in EMX250.
Motofinne
2/22/2017 12:48pm
I can't understand how Stephen Rubini has come straight from Euro125 to Factory Kawasaki MX2 whilst Jago Geerts & Maxime Renaux are in EMX250.
Yeah but i think it's smart to race EMX250 before MX2. Jumping from EMX125 to MX2 is a big step.
flymoto
2/22/2017 1:10pm
flymoto wrote:
Tough to say. He's looked great on the 450 in the pre-season races but MXGP is genuinely stacked this year so he'd do well to break...
Tough to say. He's looked great on the 450 in the pre-season races but MXGP is genuinely stacked this year so he'd do well to break into the top ten I reckon.
I think the top 4 are a different level. However I think he can happily mix with the likes of desalle, nagl, Pauli, Simpson, stribos etc
flymoto
2/22/2017 1:14pm
It's on motors tv (U.K.) from 3pm Saturday afteenoon. First race mx2 live
Robgvx
2/22/2017 1:14pm
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah but i think it's smart to race EMX250 before MX2. Jumping from EMX125 to MX2 is a big step.
It never used to be.

Post a reply to: Less than a week till the first GP

The Latest