Less and less fan of Tomac?

7/19/2018 2:33pm
psg119 wrote:
I actually hope ET wins one moto and Herlings wins one moto and they are both neck and neck in both of them just to see...
I actually hope ET wins one moto and Herlings wins one moto and they are both neck and neck in both of them just to see how this argument would play out Laughing
Obviously this scenario would make Herlings the better rider. Tongue
psg119
7/19/2018 4:42pm
psg119 wrote:
I actually hope ET wins one moto and Herlings wins one moto and they are both neck and neck in both of them just to see...
I actually hope ET wins one moto and Herlings wins one moto and they are both neck and neck in both of them just to see how this argument would play out Laughing
Obviously this scenario would make Herlings the better rider. Tongue
LaughingLaughingLaughing I'm sure that's exactly how that would go too!
Lucifa.
7/19/2018 5:44pm
Lucifa. wrote:
I've seen you hating on Musquin so what does that say about you?
gnarwhip wrote:
How many times has Musquin won straight up, without Tomac crashing on his own or having a mechanical? Maybe once or twice ever? Ok.
Regardless of whether Musquin has won "Straight up" or not is not the point. The fact of the matter is, he is a winner and has won a stack of races in his career in Europe and here in both MX and SX. You like to hate on him in a lot of your posts which is why I replied.
make1go
7/19/2018 7:36pm
ledger wrote:
Musquin should try that move on Peick, bet he would get more than a thumbs up and a throttle tube. Been watching ET for year's, he'll...
Musquin should try that move on Peick, bet he would get more than a thumbs up and a throttle tube. Been watching ET for year's, he'll run you high and bunch up the field but he's as clean as they come...although, Cooper Webb would disagree.
you let us know when peick picks up those 5 sec a lap... so mooseczn doesnt just blow past him like he did last weekend...

lol the ole "im gonna get my big brother on to you" argument...to funny..

The Shop

7/19/2018 7:49pm
make1go wrote:
you let us know when peick picks up those 5 sec a lap... so mooseczn doesnt just blow past him like he did last weekend... lol...
you let us know when peick picks up those 5 sec a lap... so mooseczn doesnt just blow past him like he did last weekend...

7/19/2018 7:50pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating...
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating my opinion. Marvin likes to ride a bit too aggro at times.
agn5009 wrote:
Tomac>Musquin Herlings>Tomac There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's...
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's true.
Anyone who genies that Herlings is the fastest mx rider on earth is mental. He is head and shoulders better than anyone currently. Im a proud fan of American MX, but our love of stupidcross has killed our outdoor prowess.
ledger
7/19/2018 8:31pm
ledger wrote:
Musquin should try that move on Peick, bet he would get more than a thumbs up and a throttle tube. Been watching ET for year's, he'll...
Musquin should try that move on Peick, bet he would get more than a thumbs up and a throttle tube. Been watching ET for year's, he'll run you high and bunch up the field but he's as clean as they come...although, Cooper Webb would disagree.
make1go wrote:
you let us know when peick picks up those 5 sec a lap... so mooseczn doesnt just blow past him like he did last weekend... lol...

UnsureHuh
MotoX85
7/20/2018 8:35am
pejje wrote:
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of...
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of my favorite riders. I admit that he is the best rider right now but it's his way of being that sort of annoys me. I think it started with him saying no to MXoN and then gradually been worse and worse.

The reason i started this thread was because i just saw the Monster Energy rewind where they was behind the scene of Foxborough. Sure it wasn't clean of Musquin when i passed Tomac but still. Tomac was probably angry but he looks a little bit satisfied with the whole thing. Like he knows Marvin will get so much shit and he gets nothing but sympathies and so on.

Maybe I am wrong (Some of you definitely thinks so, and will comment so) or maybe because I am from Europa that makes me root for europeans but who knows.

Does anyone agree with me?
Totally agree. I was one of his biggest fans, my for sure favorite rider but not so much these days. But what did it for me was the Des Nations and then the pants incident where he pulled off.

Not a fan at all these days. But hes for sure the fastest American these days.
MotoX85
7/20/2018 8:37am
B DUB 333 wrote:
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating...
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating my opinion. Marvin likes to ride a bit too aggro at times.
agn5009 wrote:
Tomac>Musquin Herlings>Tomac There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's...
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's true.
Anyone who genies that Herlings is the fastest mx rider on earth is mental. He is head and shoulders better than anyone currently. Im a proud...
Anyone who genies that Herlings is the fastest mx rider on earth is mental. He is head and shoulders better than anyone currently. Im a proud fan of American MX, but our love of stupidcross has killed our outdoor prowess.
EXACTLY. Posecross has ruined our riders and series. Besides Tomac, American riders would struggle to break top 10 in the world.
psg119
7/20/2018 8:58am
Anyone who genies that Herlings is the fastest mx rider on earth is mental. He is head and shoulders better than anyone currently. Im a proud...
How could you not like SX??? Do not compute...
psg119
7/20/2018 8:59am
MotoX85 wrote:
EXACTLY. Posecross has ruined our riders and series. Besides Tomac, American riders would struggle to break top 10 in the world.
Same to you ^^^
7/20/2018 9:06am
pejje wrote:
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of...
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of my favorite riders. I admit that he is the best rider right now but it's his way of being that sort of annoys me. I think it started with him saying no to MXoN and then gradually been worse and worse.

The reason i started this thread was because i just saw the Monster Energy rewind where they was behind the scene of Foxborough. Sure it wasn't clean of Musquin when i passed Tomac but still. Tomac was probably angry but he looks a little bit satisfied with the whole thing. Like he knows Marvin will get so much shit and he gets nothing but sympathies and so on.

Maybe I am wrong (Some of you definitely thinks so, and will comment so) or maybe because I am from Europa that makes me root for europeans but who knows.

MotoX85 wrote:
Totally agree. I was one of his biggest fans, my for sure favorite rider but not so much these days. But what did it for me...
Totally agree. I was one of his biggest fans, my for sure favorite rider but not so much these days. But what did it for me was the Des Nations and then the pants incident where he pulled off.

What about these days?
7/20/2018 10:57am
MotoX85 wrote:
Totally agree. I was one of his biggest fans, my for sure favorite rider but not so much these days. But what did it for me...

You must not be a fan of any rider if them getting hurt and pulling off makes you dislike them.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
7/22/2018 10:59pm
I was a Dungey/Musquin fan and against Eli. This year that changed-I don’t think I’ve ever been a bigger fan of any racer. I felt like he didn’t have the charm? of some of the racers. But then I started seeing similarities in my own personality and realized how exciting he makes races. He works his ass off every race to get to the front and then demoralizes them
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
7/22/2018 11:34pm
Just enjoy the beast. They disappear quickly...
7/23/2018 2:59am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 3:01am
I’m a fan of Tomac but I wasn’t a fan of the most recent press conference.. I feel like he didn’t really tell us anything (that we didn’t already know)
Maybe it’s the questions??
I’d like someone to ask him how he feels about going up against Marvin at his 2 best tracks?
I think Tomac will need great starts and just settle for 2-2-2-2 and then he will have to deal with all the pressure at Budds and Ironman. It’s going to be a great finish !
7/23/2018 3:06am
pejje wrote:

I feel the same, but I think it is just because I like an underdog.
Excaliburbmx
7/23/2018 7:08am
agn5009 wrote:
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

MotoX85 wrote:
Anderson won a Moto last year at des nations.
Shaned9326
7/23/2018 7:57am
I’m a fan of Tomac but I wasn’t a fan of the most recent press conference.. I feel like he didn’t really tell us anything (that...
I’m a fan of Tomac but I wasn’t a fan of the most recent press conference.. I feel like he didn’t really tell us anything (that we didn’t already know)
I’d like someone to ask him how he feels about going up against Marvin at his 2 best tracks?
I think Tomac will need great starts and just settle for 2-2-2-2 and then he will have to deal with all the pressure at Budds and Ironman. It’s going to be a great finish !
Tomac will walk Marvin like he has been the entire year and he tied the sweat moosecan and damn well knows he can run him down anywhere the go period!! Don’t think he will be settling for any 2/2 until October imo!!
dirtnapper
7/23/2018 9:14am
Lucifa. wrote:
I've seen you hating on Musquin so what does that say about you?
gnarwhip wrote:
How many times has Musquin won straight up, without Tomac crashing on his own or having a mechanical? Maybe once or twice ever? Ok.
GTFO of here with that stupid trash comment Pinch
dirtnapper
7/23/2018 9:18am Edited Date/Time 7/23/2018 9:18am
I’m a fan of Tomac but I wasn’t a fan of the most recent press conference.. I feel like he didn’t really tell us anything (that...
Shaned9326 wrote:
Tomac will walk Marvin like he has been the entire year and he tied the sweat moosecan and damn well knows he can run him down...
Tomac will walk Marvin like he has been the entire year and he tied the sweat moosecan and damn well knows he can run him down anywhere the go period!! Don’t think he will be settling for any 2/2 until October imo!!
This post made my brain hurt
7/23/2018 10:43am
I was a huge Tomac fan, as I usually am of any Kawi rider, but I've had a few interactions with him and not once has he looked me in the eye and always gives off a terrible vibe. Like yes, I know you're the fastest rider in America and make way more money than I could dream of, but dude come on, take 10 seconds and PRETEND to care about your fans.

I'm not lying when I say this, Marvin's response to the dude flipping him off was more interactive and FRIENDLIER than any interaction I've ever had with Eli.
HusqFan3
7/23/2018 10:52am
Mike_Frisk wrote:
I'm not a fan for the simple reason that he doesn't share anything about himself, just a boring personality to me. Other than that I have...
I'm not a fan for the simple reason that he doesn't share anything about himself, just a boring personality to me. Other than that I have no problem with him, just not my favorite rider.
HusqFan3 wrote:
Personally i choose my favorite riders because of how they RIDE not because they share their favorite hobbies with me in press conferences but that’s just...
Personally i choose my favorite riders because of how they RIDE not because they share their favorite hobbies with me in press conferences but that’s just me. That said, if you check out the getting coffee with interviews with Eli on YouTube he’s quick to laugh at everything and shares a lot about what he does when he’s not riding. Admittedly as he’s gotten older he’s gotten more reserved but that’s natural for a lot of folks. No sense in trying to be something you’re not. The truth is when you’re at the level these guys are, there’s not a whole lot to share because these guys pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe moto.
Mike_Frisk wrote:
To me it's an overall thing, I "like" Tomac because of his amazing abilities on a bike but to become one of my favorites there also...
To me it's an overall thing, I "like" Tomac because of his amazing abilities on a bike but to become one of my favorites there also needs to be more. It's not like I dislike him (or any other top rider for that matter), I love watching all of them ride but some riders you "connect" more with than others and Eli is not one of those riders for me Smile
Fair enough. I get that Tomac is more reserved and isn’t as bubbly or naturally gregarious as say someone like KRoc94 but that’s just who he is. I suppose that will probably cost him a few fans along the way but I’d personally rather him be authentic than try to pretend to be someone he’s not. For me his grit, determination, and willingness to push the limits is enough to win me over but i can respect if others feel differently.
psg119
7/23/2018 11:03am
I was a huge Tomac fan, as I usually am of any Kawi rider, but I've had a few interactions with him and not once has...
I was a huge Tomac fan, as I usually am of any Kawi rider, but I've had a few interactions with him and not once has he looked me in the eye and always gives off a terrible vibe. Like yes, I know you're the fastest rider in America and make way more money than I could dream of, but dude come on, take 10 seconds and PRETEND to care about your fans.

I'm not lying when I say this, Marvin's response to the dude flipping him off was more interactive and FRIENDLIER than any interaction I've ever had with Eli.
I went to Escondido Cycle Center for a Honda signing to a while back when he was on the 250. I told him he was my pick for the Championship and good luck in San Diego and he seemed really nice to me. But maybe he's just not up for the public attention like some of these guys. I think you can come to that conclusion just based on the fact that he's not as active on social media. Maybe he just really loves motorcycles and racing. I agree personality wise he may not be super marketable but his winning does his marketing for him. I love that fact that he just seems like a normal dude that keeps to himself and not attention seeking. I feel that is relatable for a lot of people as well.

I also love the fact that he mainly only trains at his ranch. As much as I'd love to go sit on the side of the road in Corona to watch him you gotta respect that he's that serious about not wanting people to see what he's doing to get to that level. Jmart even started training over at the Tomac's in seclusion and looked way better on the Honda this year in my opinion.

Post a reply to: Less and less fan of Tomac?

The Latest