Less and less fan of Tomac?

pejje
7/18/2018 9:55am
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of my favorite riders. I admit that he is the best rider right now but it's his way of being that sort of annoys me. I think it started with him saying no to MXoN and then gradually been worse and worse.

The reason i started this thread was because i just saw the Monster Energy rewind where they was behind the scene of Foxborough. Sure it wasn't clean of Musquin when i passed Tomac but still. Tomac was probably angry but he looks a little bit satisfied with the whole thing. Like he knows Marvin will get so much shit and he gets nothing but sympathies and so on.

Maybe I am wrong (Some of you definitely thinks so, and will comment so) or maybe because I am from Europa that makes me root for europeans but who knows.

Does anyone agree with me?
|
HusqFan3
7/18/2018 10:01am
In a word— No. it’s human nature to want to demonize those who are on top. Personally I’ve never seen Eli display anything but class in any of his interviews. I think the fact he’s kind of shy people sometimes mistake that for being brash but i personally think it’s a mischaracteriztion based on everything I’ve seen/heard.

Just my 2 cents.
B DUB 333
7/18/2018 10:07am
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating my opinion. Marvin likes to ride a bit too aggro at times.
7/18/2018 10:16am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 4:12pm

I don't think I've ever seen a rider of his caliber do anything similar. It's funny to me because not too long ago I saw someone on here claim that he was extremely narcissistic.
Johnny Ringo
7/18/2018 10:18am
After watching that rewind deal from Boston I'm actually less of a fan of Marvin, not Eli

The Shop

make1go
7/18/2018 10:26am
i dont like black socks, i lose to many..Silly
pejje
7/18/2018 10:50am
HusqFan3 wrote:
In a word— No. it’s human nature to want to demonize those who are on top. Personally I’ve never seen Eli display anything but class in...
In a word— No. it’s human nature to want to demonize those who are on top. Personally I’ve never seen Eli display anything but class in any of his interviews. I think the fact he’s kind of shy people sometimes mistake that for being brash but i personally think it’s a mischaracteriztion based on everything I’ve seen/heard.

Just my 2 cents.
Yeah i see your point but me ”beef” with Tomac is not from him being the best right now. Since I started watching mx and sx it has always been one dominant rider (mcgrath, RC, RV, RD).

I dont really know what it is. He starts to feel like the bad Guy in sport movies.
pejje
7/18/2018 10:53am
After watching that rewind deal from Boston I'm actually less of a fan of Marvin, not Eli
How so? I got the feeling musquin wanted to explain to Tomac and the kawi team his perspective but kawi team was pleased to have another reason for hating musquin.

And yes i am aware musquin did not handle the thing perfectly aswell
Juss72
7/18/2018 11:00am
pejje wrote:
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of...
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of my favorite riders. I admit that he is the best rider right now but it's his way of being that sort of annoys me. I think it started with him saying no to MXoN and then gradually been worse and worse.

The reason i started this thread was because i just saw the Monster Energy rewind where they was behind the scene of Foxborough. Sure it wasn't clean of Musquin when i passed Tomac but still. Tomac was probably angry but he looks a little bit satisfied with the whole thing. Like he knows Marvin will get so much shit and he gets nothing but sympathies and so on.

Maybe I am wrong (Some of you definitely thinks so, and will comment so) or maybe because I am from Europa that makes me root for europeans but who knows.

Put your self in his shoes. He made a clean pass on Marve, to only be hammered in the turn. Was a total BS move. I'm a fan of the sport and respect all riders, but Marve did loose respect by many over that.
stewie94
7/18/2018 11:10am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 11:12am
me personally i like eli , i just cant stand his dick sucking fan boys , but u can say tht about every fandom of sort , like the patriot fans & the bandwagon warriors fans , eli as a rider or as a person i have no problem with , but his fan club is starting to head towards the annoying villopoto & stew fans
Tim507
7/18/2018 11:14am
Like them all! They have skills beyond my wildest dreams.

As a rider to like the most.......Tomac gets my nod!
kkawboy14
7/18/2018 11:15am
He’s human.....I’m in for More and More
Sideways
7/18/2018 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 12:08pm
Eli doesnt seem to be very comfortable in front of the cameras and at the pressconferences.
We might see a different tomac the day he retires, just like we have with villopoto and pourcel. Who cares really, he doesnt behave badly and races clean and rides a bike faster than 7,636,785,700 people in the world

Ps.earth population 7,636,785,701 Wink .ds
shredder22
7/18/2018 12:14pm
pejje wrote:
How so? I got the feeling musquin wanted to explain to Tomac and the kawi team his perspective but kawi team was pleased to have another...
How so? I got the feeling musquin wanted to explain to Tomac and the kawi team his perspective but kawi team was pleased to have another reason for hating musquin.

Because Marvin is a bitch and claimed he was jumping just like that the whole race. And because he blamed the crash on Eli and said it's Eli's fault for cutting down too early lol. Eli passed him super clean right before that and the only way Marvin was gonna win that race was with a takeout or a Eli crash in the last lap. I don't think the Eli takeout was THAT bad but the way Marvin handled it later was pathetic. Marvin handled it the way girls handle things by beating around the bush and making excuses. If he just claimed the pass and admitted it was a little more aggressive than he intended and that he was going for the win, then I would have been ok with it and I think most people would have too.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
7/18/2018 12:27pm
pejje wrote:
How so? I got the feeling musquin wanted to explain to Tomac and the kawi team his perspective but kawi team was pleased to have another...

shredder22 wrote:
Because Marvin is a bitch and claimed he was jumping just like that the whole race. And because he blamed the crash on Eli and said...
Because Marvin is a bitch and claimed he was jumping just like that the whole race. And because he blamed the crash on Eli and said it's Eli's fault for cutting down too early lol. Eli passed him super clean right before that and the only way Marvin was gonna win that race was with a takeout or a Eli crash in the last lap. I don't think the Eli takeout was THAT bad but the way Marvin handled it later was pathetic. Marvin handled it the way girls handle things by beating around the bush and making excuses. If he just claimed the pass and admitted it was a little more aggressive than he intended and that he was going for the win, then I would have been ok with it and I think most people would have too.
I 100% agree with Shredder here.

In general, I think Marvin is the dirtier rider. Not the dirtiest out there, for sure, but definitely a dirtier rider than Tomac. Dirty doesn't have to be aggressive. You can be dirty in the tactics you use off the track, you can be dirty without ever touching another rider (cross-jumping, cutting over, not moving over for a blue flag). Marvin isn't always punting guys off the track, but his bag of tricks is pretty deep.
kage173
7/18/2018 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 12:42pm
OP - No. I do not agree with you. You are wrong.
nealb129
7/18/2018 1:02pm
5 pager without a doubt
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
7/18/2018 1:03pm
Sideways wrote:
Eli doesnt seem to be very comfortable in front of the cameras and at the pressconferences. We might see a different tomac the day he retires...
Eli doesnt seem to be very comfortable in front of the cameras and at the pressconferences.
We might see a different tomac the day he retires, just like we have with villopoto and pourcel. Who cares really, he doesnt behave badly and races clean and rides a bike faster than 7,636,785,700 people in the world

Just to create drama I'm pretty sure Tomac had already beat the guy you think is number 1 in the world in his element, Aka sand. How do you think that guy would do against Eli in the biggest championship that either a KX450F or the 450 SXF can race?

Just trying to rile the general population up!
IWreckALot
7/18/2018 1:08pm
A rider's decision to race or not race the MXDN is a dumb basis to decide whether you like a rider. It's an exhibition race. They're not going to war. . . they're going to entertain. It's more entertaining with him, but it's not any less of a race. Only selfish people would base their rider preference on their decision to race MXDN.
Sideways
7/18/2018 1:17pm
Sideways wrote:
Eli doesnt seem to be very comfortable in front of the cameras and at the pressconferences. We might see a different tomac the day he retires...

Park Boys wrote:
Just to create drama I'm pretty sure Tomac had already beat the guy you think is number 1 in the world in his element, Aka sand...
Just to create drama I'm pretty sure Tomac had already beat the guy you think is number 1 in the world in his element, Aka sand. How do you think that guy would do against Eli in the biggest championship that either a KX450F or the 450 SXF can race?

Just trying to rile the general population up!
You took the bait! Wink

In all seriousness i think Tomac and herlings are the two fastest riders in the world and they can both win against each other.

I think the exact opposite of OP. Im liking tomac more and more Smile
agn5009
7/18/2018 1:28pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating...
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating my opinion. Marvin likes to ride a bit too aggro at times.
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's true.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/18/2018 1:30pm
agn5009 wrote:
Tomac>Musquin Herlings>Tomac There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's...
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's true.
What about supercross? Wink
Lucifa.
7/18/2018 1:34pm
pejje wrote:
This last year i have been less of a fan to Tomac. When he rode 250 and the first years on 450 he was one of...

Juss72 wrote:
Put your self in his shoes. He made a clean pass on Marve, to only be hammered in the turn. Was a total BS move. I'm...
Put your self in his shoes. He made a clean pass on Marve, to only be hammered in the turn. Was a total BS move. I'm a fan of the sport and respect all riders, but Marve did loose respect by many over that.
 photo IMG_7621_zpsh83twp3t.png

If you left the door wide open by 8 feet, I'd make the pass on you too.
fluxracing223
7/18/2018 1:36pm
pejje wrote:

You my friend are a idiot. ??
skeef
Fantasy
1571st
7/18/2018 1:37pm
My dad likes Tomac. My mom likes shopping, I like coming home to a big glass of scotch every night! People are going to like who they like no matter what happens. I have been a Cole Seely fan since his he was a privateer, it sure as hell aint because he wins.
agn5009
7/18/2018 1:44pm
agn5009 wrote:
Tomac>Musquin Herlings>Tomac There, I fixed it for you. Herlings will prove this to a lot of people at Red Bud. But most still won't admit it's...
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

early wrote:
What about supercross? Wink
Give Herlings a year to get experience and he'd be beating everyone there too. Tomac has yet to prove he can win a 450 SX championship Whistling
7/18/2018 1:45pm
B DUB 333 wrote:
Tomac > musquin Tomac > herlings Tomac is also a very clean racer, like stew and Carmichael. This is not a bash on anyone. Just stating...
agn5009 wrote:
Tomac>Musquin
Herlings>Tomac

If he beats Tomac at Redbud, there is no more questions to be asked, Herlings gets the nod until next time.

I really hope they start both moto's near each other.

Watching Herlings ride lately, I think he has a good chance to beat him even if he starts behind.

Still going to root for Tomac though.
7/18/2018 1:50pm
I'm not a fan for the simple reason that he doesn't share anything about himself, just a boring personality to me. Other than that I have no problem with him, just not my favorite rider.
ledger
7/18/2018 2:03pm
Musquin should try that move on Peick, bet he would get more than a thumbs up and a throttle tube. Been watching ET for year's, he'll run you high and bunch up the field but he's as clean as they come...although, Cooper Webb would disagree.
psg119
7/18/2018 2:04pm
*more and more fan of Tomac
HusqFan3
7/18/2018 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 6:43pm
Mike_Frisk wrote:
I'm not a fan for the simple reason that he doesn't share anything about himself, just a boring personality to me. Other than that I have...
I'm not a fan for the simple reason that he doesn't share anything about himself, just a boring personality to me. Other than that I have no problem with him, just not my favorite rider.
Personally i choose my favorite riders because of how they RIDE not because they share their favorite hobbies with me in press conferences but that’s just me. That said, if you check out the getting coffee with interviews with Eli on YouTube he’s quick to laugh at everything and shares a lot about what he does when he’s not riding. Admittedly as he’s gotten older he’s gotten more reserved but that’s natural for a lot of folks. No sense in trying to be something you’re not. The truth is when you’re at the level these guys are, there’s not a whole lot to share because these guys pretty much eat, sleep, and breathe moto.

Post a reply to: Less and less fan of Tomac?

The Latest