Leigh Diffey to call the first 3 SX races

santigram
https://twitter.com/leighdiffey/status/1210312367646609410

Watched/listened to Leigh a lot back when he called F1 with Hobbs and Steve Matchett. They were great. Leigh knew when to just shut up and let those 2 funny blokes call it. I think Leigh will do fine. Good motosport background and professional.

|
Rabbit
12/26/2019 2:19pm
PR says both Ralph and Leigh. Guess they mean Leigh for 3 and Ralph for the rest?

Ralph Sheheen and Leigh Diffey will handle play-by-play duties for this season’s Supercross coverage. They’ll be joined by five-time Supercross champion and seven-time Motocross champion Ricky Carmichael, host and former racer Daniel Blair, and reporter Will Christien

https://www.supercrosslive.com/news/nbc-sports-feld-motor-sports-announ…
BS12
12/26/2019 2:25pm
Leigh is a legend
jemcee
12/26/2019 2:33pm
The Aussie invasion continues haha

The Shop

jeffro503
12/26/2019 2:42pm
BS12 wrote:
Leigh is a legend
He is for sure! It was actually really cool having him announce the Indy series this year as well. He's a smart announcer as well , and does his home work. Not sure how well he follows SX , but I bet he's on a crash course. Good guy behind the mike for sure.

I gotta say though , besides David Bailey , ol' Jim Lampley was my favorite announcer of all time. Especially when he was announcing the Carlsbad USGP's. Was just something about his voice and the way he presented the sport , it made your eyes stay glued to the screen. When I was a kid , watching these races......a damn natural disaster would not of pulled me away from my TV. Another legend in my eyes was Sam posey , from the Superbikers in the mid 80's as well.

" class="img-fluid" />

" class="img-fluid" />
Johnny Ringo
12/26/2019 2:42pm
RC is a ten time outdoor champ, for the record.

PR guys, I tell ya
CPR
12/26/2019 3:23pm
BS12 wrote:
Leigh is a legend
jeffro503 wrote:
He is for sure! It was actually really cool having him announce the Indy series this year as well. He's a smart announcer as well...
He is for sure! It was actually really cool having him announce the Indy series this year as well. He's a smart announcer as well , and does his home work. Not sure how well he follows SX , but I bet he's on a crash course. Good guy behind the mike for sure.

I gotta say though , besides David Bailey , ol' Jim Lampley was my favorite announcer of all time. Especially when he was announcing the Carlsbad USGP's. Was just something about his voice and the way he presented the sport , it made your eyes stay glued to the screen. When I was a kid , watching these races......a damn natural disaster would not of pulled me away from my TV. Another legend in my eyes was Sam posey , from the Superbikers in the mid 80's as well.

" class="img-fluid" />

" class="img-fluid" />
Don't worry Jeffro, Leigh won't need a crash course in SX, he knows what he's talking about and will be up to date.
He rode mx and flat track back in his younger days in Aus, is mates with Reedy and has always followed SX. He should be good to go.
12/26/2019 3:31pm
I'll take Ralph any day, may be little over the top ,but he keeps it exciting
12/26/2019 3:32pm
Anyone but Ralph.

Even Ping mid-tantrum would suffice. Hell, even Ping's dog would be an upgrade.

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
12/26/2019 3:34pm
Diffey called some Nationals with Emig, and did our Supercross series in the late '90s. He goes pretty good.
levimx22
Fantasy
2184th
12/26/2019 3:39pm
Anyone but Ralph.

Even Ping mid-tantrum would suffice. Hell, even Ping's dog would be an upgrade.

what about marvins cat? “thats incredible ralph” Laughing
jeffro503
12/26/2019 3:47pm
BS12 wrote:
Leigh is a legend
jeffro503 wrote:
He is for sure! It was actually really cool having him announce the Indy series this year as well. He's a smart announcer as well...

" class="img-fluid" />

" class="img-fluid" />
CPR wrote:
Don't worry Jeffro, Leigh won't need a crash course in SX, he knows what he's talking about and will be up to date. He rode mx...
Don't worry Jeffro, Leigh won't need a crash course in SX, he knows what he's talking about and will be up to date.
He rode mx and flat track back in his younger days in Aus, is mates with Reedy and has always followed SX. He should be good to go.
No kidding? I didn't know that. Well that's really good to hear. I know I always dug his mic skills in F1 and in Indy.
jeffro503
12/26/2019 3:48pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Diffey called some Nationals with Emig, and did our Supercross series in the late '90s. He goes pretty good.
Holy shit , I didn't know that either. Don't remember anyone on here ever mentioning that.
jemcee
12/26/2019 3:56pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Holy shit , I didn't know that either. Don't remember anyone on here ever mentioning that.
If I'm remembering right he commentated a Red Bud round and someone on here got all pissed off about them having an English bloke commentating on the 4th of July haha.. Not English mate!

Well his great great great great grandfather might've been, until he stole a loaf of bread that is haha
Hoks
12/26/2019 3:58pm

PR guys, I tell ya
I’m assuming their only counting his premier titles?
Brent
12/26/2019 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2019 4:01pm

PR guys, I tell ya
They need to get that shit straight.

For all RC's on-track greatness, he is still working on smoothing the rough edges of his color commentator technique.

I have a feeling if he doesn't improve a whole lot this year, he may get replaced.
12/26/2019 4:38pm
Brent wrote:
They need to get that shit straight. For all RC's on-track greatness, he is still working on smoothing the rough edges of his color commentator technique...
They need to get that shit straight.

For all RC's on-track greatness, he is still working on smoothing the rough edges of his color commentator technique.

I have a feeling if he doesn't improve a whole lot this year, he may get replaced.
RC seemed to be doing a good job commentating the Australian SX
the Aussie commentators made fun of RC for closing his eyes sometimes when he talks - this makes me think he has been doing some coaching.. we will see soon enough
philG
12/26/2019 4:43pm
RC seemed to be doing a good job commentating the Australian SX the Aussie commentators made fun of RC for closing his eyes sometimes when he...
RC seemed to be doing a good job commentating the Australian SX
the Aussie commentators made fun of RC for closing his eyes sometimes when he talks - this makes me think he has been doing some coaching.. we will see soon enough
I thought he had them closed all the time.
CR250Rider
12/26/2019 5:11pm
He's announced for SX before but it didn't stick
ts.p311
12/26/2019 6:09pm
jemcee wrote:
If I'm remembering right he commentated a Red Bud round and someone on here got all pissed off about them having an English bloke commentating on...
If I'm remembering right he commentated a Red Bud round and someone on here got all pissed off about them having an English bloke commentating on the 4th of July haha.. Not English mate!

Well his great great great great grandfather might've been, until he stole a loaf of bread that is haha
I think that was Jamie Bestwick
SEEMEFIRST
12/26/2019 6:17pm
jemcee wrote:
If I'm remembering right he commentated a Red Bud round and someone on here got all pissed off about them having an English bloke commentating on...

ts.p311 wrote:
Oh-my-God!
SEEMEFIRST
12/26/2019 6:19pm
jemcee wrote:

Ha! ENGLISH?

Hell, I'm a redneck from Texas, and I can tell the difference between Brits and Aussies.

Sometimes the S.A. guys throw me, but I can usually sort that out too.
jemcee
12/26/2019 6:23pm
jemcee wrote:

ts.p311 wrote:
Oh nah that was a different time.. I can say that somewhat confidently cause I would've agreed haha Bestwick gave me the shits
jemcee
12/26/2019 6:30pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Ha! ENGLISH? Hell, I'm a redneck from Texas, and I can tell the difference between Brits and Aussies. Sometimes the S.A. guys throw me, but I...
Ha! ENGLISH?

Hell, I'm a redneck from Texas, and I can tell the difference between Brits and Aussies.

Haha yeah those accents are close one clue for South African is they put ah sound instead of i..
when we 'go riding on our bikes' they 'go rahding on their bahkes' haha
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
12/26/2019 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2019 6:36pm
He's been in the states for a long time now. Did/does a lot of car racing commentary.

For those that want to know what he's like.
Ted722
12/26/2019 6:45pm
Does anyone have Leigh Diffey's voice traversing their brain cells like an iconic song that you can't get out of your head? Laughing Good for Leigh, look forward to him contributing to this great sport!
SEEMEFIRST
12/26/2019 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2019 7:14pm
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
Ha! ENGLISH? Hell, I'm a redneck from Texas, and I can tell the difference between Brits and Aussies. Sometimes the S.A. guys throw me, but I...
Ha! ENGLISH?

jemcee wrote:
Haha yeah those accents are close one clue for South African is they put ah sound instead of i.. when we 'go riding on our bikes'...
Haha yeah those accents are close one clue for South African is they put ah sound instead of i..
I can usually tell if he's Aussie when they say "go" or "no". Somehow you guys can get 2 syllables out of those.

I'll look for your hints, thanks.

I don't understand the "Rs". Be Brit, Aussie, or South African, everyone says
"AH". (Depending upon where in the word it is I guess).

All Europeans pronounce my name "Kahl". It's spelled Karl. What the fuck happens to the "R"? How do you know how to spell a word when you don't pronounce the letters?

When Diffy was calling F1, I couldn't tell if he was saying Massa, or Naser. They sound almost identical.

Obviously y'all have it figured out, just my observation.

I did spend a week with an Italian who spoke English rather well. I told him that I don't speak English, I speak Texan.

He said he was a very hard time understanding Texan. Hahaha!
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
12/26/2019 10:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2019 10:59pm
jemcee wrote:
Haha yeah those accents are close one clue for South African is they put ah sound instead of i.. when we 'go riding on our bikes'...
Laughing And How to tell the difference between a Kiwi and an Aussie...

"An Australian notices a New Zealander having sex with a sheep.
He says "Hey mate, shouldn't you be shearing that sheep?"

The New Zealander replies "Fuck off, I'm not shearing it with anyone!"

Post a reply to: Leigh Diffey to call the first 3 SX races

The Latest