Leigh Diffey is doing a WONDERFULL job

drop_bear
Fantasy
1533rd
1/5/2020 5:57pm
I remember watching Leigh Diffey commentating the Supercross Masters in Australia in 1998 when Reedy was in his first year as a pro. Kinda cool to think he called Reedy's first and last years as a pro rider. Still have the VHS tapes buried somewhere.
usp4u
1/6/2020 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/6/2020 4:13pm
Tiki wrote:
[img]https://files.catbox.moe/upmzi7.gif[/img] RC rides a motorcycle well. Lets just leave it at that. They are both Barney's all right. Kooks. Supercross is being run by tools. Personally...

RC rides a motorcycle well. Lets just leave it at that. They are both Barney's all right. Kooks. Supercross is being run by tools. Personally I tell people to watch anything BUT Supercross so they don't assume I'm a blathering idiot by association.
usp4u wrote:
You have no idea who Barney Hall is, huh? Just say so....dont post .gifs that make make you look retarded
Tiki wrote:
I have no clue who barney hall is. I know Barney Stinson. I know what a Barney is. Why in hell would I know who Barney...
I have no clue who barney hall is. I know Barney Stinson. I know what a Barney is. Why in hell would I know who Barney Hall is? OH Because he's a NASCAR announcer?

Yeah, you made an assumption that I was that stupid that I would watch slot cars go around in a circle.
Never gonna happen. There Down Syndrome Boy.

How about this? Next time you want to dip into greatness for moto; you say a name like:Larry "Supermouth" Huffman, Art Eckman, David Baliley or Larry Naston. If you were going for four wheels at least say Murray Walker?

What a retard you are. You made a great point at you're a retard.
Many here love to post their opinions. The type of motorsport notwithstanding, Barney Hall is a legend. The names you posted are the best we've heard in MX, but they pale in comparison to "slot car" or F1, or even drag racing announcers (steve Evans, bod frey, Brian lohnes) in their ability to make the audience understand what is happening.I would assume anyone weighing in on a 'motorsport announcer thread" should be knowledgeable on the various announcers that are considered the 'gold standard'.
Just because you don't know dosent mean your post a point makes, Cupcake.

yz133rider
1/6/2020 3:57pm
I thought he was great. No contest better than Ralph. And Ricky did way better as well.
1/6/2020 4:23pm
Something about Ralph’s voice hyped me up for supercross and I missed it for A1
He makes mistakes.. Leigh made mistakes, RC bumbles his words, but whatever. I’m watching the racing for the racing.

The Shop

Mxpilot20
Fantasy
2647th
1/6/2020 6:47pm
One thing I noticed was that when RC was with Weege and Leigh Diffey he seemed much better / more composed.

When he is with Ralph he seems to get worse.
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
1/6/2020 7:20pm
Why does no one even mention Jim Holley's name? I think he is great. At least while speaking with the riders. He is very personable with them
MAAA
1/6/2020 7:22pm
ProKawi24 wrote:
I like this guy over Ralph. Would prefer weigant though.
Btw where's Juliana Daniel?
Agree
FlickitFlat
Fantasy
662nd
1/6/2020 7:28pm
Mxpilot20 wrote:
One thing I noticed was that when RC was with Weege and Leigh Diffey he seemed much better / more composed. When he is with Ralph...
One thing I noticed was that when RC was with Weege and Leigh Diffey he seemed much better / more composed.

X2. I think Ralph is the problem. Listening to Leigh Diffey and RC compared to Ralph and RC really showed how big of a corporate nut huger and random statement guy Ralph is.
Francis377
1/7/2020 12:39am
I liked it, he kept the whole thing together nicely
tprice07
1/7/2020 9:00am
Someone just need to tell Leigh that it's "Factory" not "Works" since the works bikes are not allowed. Other than that I'm good with him.
moto9
1/7/2020 11:34am
You must be related.
usp4u
1/11/2020 5:48pm
Second go....so far so good.
Better than the Ralph, Emig, RC circle-jerk that some wish to return.

RC is simply better with this co-host. Likely bc Diffey isnt shouting.
MX114
1/11/2020 6:08pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 6:23pm
usp4u wrote:
Second go....so far so good. Better than the Ralph, Emig, RC circle-jerk that some wish to return. RC is simply better with this co-host. Likely bc...
Second go....so far so good.
Better than the Ralph, Emig, RC circle-jerk that some wish to return.

RC is simply better with this co-host. Likely bc Diffey isnt shouting.
Nailed it. RC’s reply’s to Diffey come out way smoother than they ever did with Ralph. Plus RC dropping weight is noticed. Makes him more credible to the casual and younger viewer that maybe don’t know just how gnarly he was
Zacka 161
Fantasy
2033rd
1/11/2020 8:09pm
Mxpilot20 wrote:
One thing I noticed was that when RC was with Weege and Leigh Diffey he seemed much better / more composed. When he is with Ralph...

I think we have also seen the improvement of Ricky.

I cant remember who the Play by Play was at Monster Cup but Ricky was good there. I would say it’s more that when Ricky was with Ralph, Ricky was worse at his job. Now Ricky has improved but have we heard improved Ricky with Ralph? I’m not sure
smoothwakey
Fantasy
144th
1/11/2020 8:59pm
The broadcast is way better this year. Leigh is great (style aside he just makes fewer mistakes) and Ricky is soo much better. Ricky was hard to watch and listen too last year and now he is doing great, hopefully he can keep improving then I don't think it will mater if it's Ralph or Leigh. Wil Christien is just as good as Jenny which is pretty remarkable, she really makes the most of the limited time she gets with the riders, while still giving them a platform for their sponsors. The parity amongst the riders especially in the 450s is as good as it's ever been. Great time to be a Moto fan! ✌️
1/11/2020 9:03pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2020 9:04pm
The broadcast is way better this year. Leigh is great (style aside he just makes fewer mistakes) and Ricky is soo much better. Ricky was hard...
The broadcast is way better this year. Leigh is great (style aside he just makes fewer mistakes) and Ricky is soo much better. Ricky was hard to watch and listen too last year and now he is doing great, hopefully he can keep improving then I don't think it will mater if it's Ralph or Leigh. Wil Christien is just as good as Jenny which is pretty remarkable, she really makes the most of the limited time she gets with the riders, while still giving them a platform for their sponsors. The parity amongst the riders especially in the 450s is as good as it's ever been. Great time to be a Moto fan! ✌️
Agree 100%

Night and day difference.

Leigh is actually engaged in the race, sees things that happen, circles back thoughts/comments when interrupted by the action, and leads Ricky in a better way too. Will is excellent, asks the right questions, and is clearly putting in the work when she can name a 250 rider's mechanic off the cuff....

VAST improvement.

Pretty sure only the MAGA halfwits would think otherwise.
Red Crawford
1/11/2020 10:15pm
I was critical in this thread after A1.
But, in all fairness, tonight was really well done.
philG
1/12/2020 3:27am
Ricky is better, but he still has his stumbles. One thing for sure, in 2 races time we will know lol.
Motofinne
1/12/2020 3:36am
RC when he realizes he will have to work with Ralph again.

1/12/2020 4:23am
I appreciate the change and I think Leigh will get better with a bit of time. He mixed up names a few times, a few awkward...
I appreciate the change and I think Leigh will get better with a bit of time.
He mixed up names a few times, a few awkward pauses when he didn’t know who was who.
Not sure if he is aware the guys ride an outdoor season, Thought it was great that Brayton did all these off season races and seemed confused as to why everyone else was doing nothing since last May?
Anyways first show of the year is always a little rusty, it should improve.
I’d like to see Jason Weigandt get a 3 race opportunity. I question the reluctance with getting him in the booth for SX ?
Him with JT, Matthes and Daniel Blair alternating weekly and have rider guests now and then.. much better. Hardcore fans like myself will watch it either way so I guess it doesn’t matter.
CPR wrote:
Dude he's commentated the outdoor series, he knows the sport and has been around it for more than 30 years.
It was a joke!
The Supercross commentators never acknowledge there is an outdoor series.
I know he has been around the sport a long time, I watched him commentate eastern creek moto go in 1996
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
1/12/2020 6:18am
I don’t find him too bad. I thought last night was pretty smooth. I caught a few mistakes of him thinking riders were different people or were on different teams. It just drives me nuts when you can see something in the background or hear the crowd roar and they don’t acknowledge what is going on. From my understanding they are watching the same broadcast as we are.
PRM31
1/12/2020 6:29am
I thought they did a good job. However, I noticed that once the race starts and settles in, say by lap 2-3, the coverage turns into story time. They are not talking about the action on the track, just telling stories. Yet we know nothing about what’s happening in the actual race except for top couple positions. Frustrating.
Zaugg
1/12/2020 7:40am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2020 7:41am
Maybe you guys complaining should spend a little less time posting about what you don't like, and start looking for the positives.

Your negativity isn't going to change anything and complaining is just making YOU more upset. You're not going to change minds with your approach.

Post a reply to: Leigh Diffey is doing a WONDERFULL job

The Latest