Left over 250F prices, CRF250R?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2019 10:50 AM

After not having a bike for about 7 years I think the time has come I am ready to get another bike. My last bike was a 09 CRF250R and I always had Honda’s in the past so I am leaning towards another Honda, but am really looking to see what everyone is paying for left over 250F’S. I have gotten some prices for left over 2018 CRF250R’s but most of the dealers are still wanting over 7,000 OTD. Anyone have a good location around Ohio that is willing to work a little on price?

I was looking at the 2018 because the electric start does sound nice, but I am also a little Leary of the some of the issues I have heard about them. I do remember the 09 was always a pain to start even after doing valves, do the newer EFI bikes start any easier? What are some options of the 17’s vs 18’s.

Will mostly just be riding some practice mx days on the weekends and consider myself a novice in speed. Might do some light trail riding at a friend’s place.

|

2/4/2019 10:58 AM

I would say from a reliability standpoint the 250Fs have gotten a little better.

The main selling points of the 2018 vs the 2017 is the spring fork and updated engine. The new engine is supposed to be on par with the Kawi/Yam instead of being considered a step or two behind.

With all that said the 2017 is a nice bike and will be great for you to reacquaint yourself with motocross. If you want to step outside of your comfort zone you can get a 2018 Kawi or Yamaha for between $5500 - $6000 before taxes around here. Both have spring forks and solid bikes. I will say that I haven't ridden any of the bikes mentioned.

Good luck!

|

2/4/2019 11:05 AM

I Saw some Leftover 17 Honda's for $4995
Imo any bike with efi starts pretty easy anyway
Im not sure how much a spring fork conversion costs
But imo New 2017 CRF with a spring fork would be sweet.
If more power is needed in the future
A GET ignition and a pipe would do the trick.

|

2/4/2019 11:15 AM

Honda East in Toledo has a 2018 crf on their site for $5999 and they advertise no additional setup or freight fees. So it would just be tax on top of that.

I have never bought from them to confirm there are no additional fees tho.

https://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=4289557&p=1&make=honda&vc=off-road&s=Year&d=D&year=2018&fr=xAllInventory

|

2/4/2019 11:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 11:20 AM

Babbits (western Michigan) has a 2018 for $5899. Pay no taxes being out of state.
Last year they had a 2017 for $4,999, for me being local would have been $5900 OTD so sure there are some fees wrapped up in there.

Buying out of state is your friend.

Edit: They also have some other good deals.
2018 KTM 250SXF - $6,399

|

2/4/2019 11:28 AM

1983YZ125 wrote:

Babbits (western Michigan) has a 2018 for $5899. Pay no taxes being out of state.
Last year they had a 2017 for $4,999, for me being local would have been $5900 OTD so sure there are some fees wrapped up in there.

Buying out of state is your friend.

Edit: They also have some other good deals.
2018 KTM 250SXF - $6,399

I actually was talking to them at one point, but was a little concerned with how it worked not registering the bike in your own name? does this cause any issues when you go to resell or any other negatives to not putting the title in your state and name?

|

2/4/2019 11:41 AM

1983YZ125 wrote:

Babbits (western Michigan) has a 2018 for $5899. Pay no taxes being out of state.
Last year they had a 2017 for $4,999, for me being local would have been $5900 OTD so sure there are some fees wrapped up in there.

Buying out of state is your friend.

Edit: They also have some other good deals.
2018 KTM 250SXF - $6,399

Hondacrf155 wrote:

I actually was talking to them at one point, but was a little concerned with how it worked not registering the bike in your own name? does this cause any issues when you go to resell or any other negatives to not putting the title in your state and name?

I've always ended up with Titled bikes, just because of the deals i've landed, exception being used bikes that i've never re-titled in my name.

My dad hasn't had any issues and has done it on a few bikes and a UTV, you end up with a MSO so you're not empty handed.

Worse comes to worse, you can bring the MSO to your DMV (or Ohio equivalent) and title it in your name at that point and pay the taxes.

|

2/4/2019 1:16 PM

1983YZ125 wrote:

Babbits (western Michigan) has a 2018 for $5899. Pay no taxes being out of state.
Last year they had a 2017 for $4,999, for me being local would have been $5900 OTD so sure there are some fees wrapped up in there.

Buying out of state is your friend.

Edit: They also have some other good deals.
2018 KTM 250SXF - $6,399

Hondacrf155 wrote:

I actually was talking to them at one point, but was a little concerned with how it worked not registering the bike in your own name? does this cause any issues when you go to resell or any other negatives to not putting the title in your state and name?

Be careful with buying out of state. I would post on your local mx message boards and see if anyone else has done it without it coming back on them.

North Carolina has a way of finding out, I was hit with the tax, interest, and a penalty about 3 years after buying the bike. I have another bike I bought out of state that I need to settle up before they figure it out. With that said I won't ever buy out of state again.

|

2/4/2019 1:24 PM

My ‘15 starts super easily. I gently kick it 6 or 7 times to prime the fuel pump when it’s cold then it always starts 1st or 2nd kick for the rest of the day

|

2/5/2019 1:35 PM

323racer wrote:

Honda East in Toledo has a 2018 crf on their site for $5999 and they advertise no additional setup or freight fees. So it would just be tax on top of that.

I have never bought from them to confirm there are no additional fees tho.

https://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=4289557&p=1&make=honda&vc=off-road&s=Year&d=D&year=2018&fr=xAllInventory

I have reached out to them and it seems true they don't add additional fees and setup cost. Best OTD price I have had yet.

|

2/5/2019 3:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 3:42 PM

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/5/2019 5:17 PM

If you will do a Kawi they are always given away when leftover and easy to find.

|