Lee McCollum's backpack jacked @ Oakland

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2020 5:01 AM

I'm sure a vet wrench like Lee can still be quick on his feet even without his settings notes; but what a shame. Think there's a correlation between crap like this, and the race starting 1.5hrs earlier than the other west coast rounds? Noticed they bumped up ATL start time considerably this year too..

Photo

|

2/1/2020 5:25 AM

That really sucks!!

|

2/1/2020 5:27 AM

Look on the bright side, they now have laws that make that not even a crime.

|

2/1/2020 5:28 AM

People suck.

|

2/1/2020 5:30 AM

They are really going to be chasing settings now.....

|

2/1/2020 5:32 AM

And the thieves will see it's a bunch of notes, and just throw the whole lot in the trash.

Thieves make excellent targets.

|

Go for it! Don't let a little thing like fear, or common sense hold you back.

2/1/2020 7:41 AM

So sorry to hear this.

Same thing happened to me in Sacramento after Hangtown. We went into El Torito and I put my backpack on the front floorboard of my friends car and some dickhead did a smash and grab. Had all my shit including shirts I just got. Needless to say the trip home to socal with plastic fluttering on the smashed out window was no joy either.

|

2/1/2020 7:58 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

I'm sure a vet wrench like Lee can still be quick on his feet even without his settings notes; but what a shame. Think there's a correlation between crap like this, and the race starting 1.5hrs earlier than the other west coast rounds? Noticed they bumped up ATL start time considerably this year too..

Photo

No. The correlation is , the race is in Oakland.
This is not an actual crime in the Bay Area its equivalent to dropping a gum raper on the sidewalk. And no I'm not being sarcastic.

|

2/1/2020 8:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 8:02 AM

SCR wrote:

This is not an actual crime in the Bay Area its equivalent to dropping a gum raper on the sidewalk. And no I'm not being sarcastic.

Are there a lot of gum rapers in the Bay Area? Should my gum be worried?

|

2/1/2020 8:02 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

Correct. The smash and grabs out here are an epidemic

|

2/1/2020 8:03 AM

Why is the race starting an hour and a half earlier? Is it literally bc it’s in Oakland?

|

2/1/2020 8:05 AM

Usually, when the schedule is changed it has something to do with TV.

|

2/1/2020 8:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 8:19 AM

The left says to protect the dumbshts, so nice of them.
Whoever downvoted this must think its cool to steal other peoples stuff with no consequence.

|

2/1/2020 8:09 AM

We have this issue in SOME areas in Chicago an areas bordering those and since our new governor and Mayor are pro crime pro illegals it's getting so much worse. Last month pumping gas had a "he was a good boy" try to steal tools out out of the work van. It ended with my employees gun pulled and one going to jail and the get away driver being caught a week later. My sister's purse just got snagged same way she walked in and they smashed and grab. Out here their taking the bus into nice areas and then ubering out to the bus a couple miles away to go back home.

|

2/1/2020 8:10 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I’d be more worried about East Bay😉

|

2/1/2020 8:19 AM

Oakland gonna Oakland. Really shitty for Lee. Not many things worse in this world than a thief.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

2/1/2020 8:30 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

GuyB wrote:

Seeing how eveything else in the area is being raped , yes.

|

2/1/2020 8:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 8:32 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

GuyB wrote:

|

2/1/2020 8:34 AM

Not about to blame the victim here, but no matter where I am, I never leave anything visible in my car, especially a backpack. I actually learned this lesson the hard way living in Oakland...

|

2/1/2020 8:43 AM

Welcome to the Bay Area...

|

If you love it lube it

2/1/2020 8:53 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

GuyB wrote:

If your gum is ugly and dresses conservatively it should be ok.

|

2/1/2020 8:58 AM

First rule about Oakland, never leave anything valuable in the car. Sad that we have to have third world instincts out here in the Bay Area, but it is what it is. I’ve had friends lose laptops, luggage, backpacks... anything you leave visible that could possibly have value will probably get stolen.

|

2/1/2020 9:00 AM

500guy wrote:

Probably an illegal too.

Sorry to hear Lee. Keep yer head up and GTF out of Oaktown asap.

|

2/1/2020 9:03 AM

500guy wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Probably an illegal too.

No I’m very familiar with the area and it was most likely a homeless person. Idk about you but I’ve never seen a homeless illegal, they actually work for their money. Congrats on being ignorant.

|

2/1/2020 9:03 AM

Moto331 wrote:

Why is the race starting an hour and a half earlier? Is it literally bc it’s in Oakland?

6 pm 6 am.. Don't matter. East Oakland, unless absolutely necessary should be avoided.

|

2/1/2020 9:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 9:08 AM

500guy wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Probably an illegal too.

iudi2006 wrote:

No I’m very familiar with the area and it was most likely a homeless person. Idk about you but I’ve never seen a homeless illegal, they actually work for their money. Congrats on being ignorant.

Sarcasm alert. Most likely it was neither. I'm sure it was a native Californian that isn't crib-less.

Oh and fuck off you mouthbreathing spermbeard.

|

2/1/2020 9:10 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I be more worried if your gum is still in your mouth when it happens?

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

2/1/2020 9:10 AM

Moto Obsessed wrote:

Photo

SCR wrote:

Gum rapists!!! When will the madness end

|

2/1/2020 9:12 AM

GuyB wrote:

Usually, when the schedule is changed it has something to do with TV.

Oakland stadium has special re entry rules/curfew because of violence and this might have an impact on them starting this one early.

|

2/1/2020 9:14 AM

BobbyM wrote:

Probably an illegal too.

iudi2006 wrote:

BobbyM wrote:

Sarcasm alert. Most likely it was neither. I'm sure it was a native Californian that isn't crib-less.

Oh and fuck off you mouthbreathing spermbeard.

Theft from vehicles is off the charts in the bay area, it does correlate with the homeless epidemic.

|