Lectron carb 2001 RM 125

Related:
Create New Tag

12/6/2020 1:35 PM

Ok internet. Need some help and advice here (gasp) what you see here is a 38mm H series lectron carb on a 2001 rm 125 with a vforce reed cage. It appears to be an extremely tight fit ( might be able to get in there a little closer) you can see how close it is to the shock. From what I have read here on vital is that this is the issue coming off of a vforce cage. I'm sure it would fit fine off of the 20 year old stock cage but that's going completely backwards right? I've read that boyeson rad valves are shorter? What would you do ( this bike has been running exceptionally well since July) I thought this would be a cool trick upgrade for this bike but maybe it's not? Also, 90% sure this carb will be for sale! 375.00 shipped ! Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

12/6/2020 1:56 PM

i remember siding the air box boot on my 02 being a big pain in the dick with vforce2 and stock carb but the boot never made contact with the spring... I can imagine it is a HUGE dick here. Have you tried fitting the boot to see if it clears?

|

12/6/2020 1:57 PM

The Lectron made such an improvement to my 2004 YZ125 that I suggest you at least try it with the stock reed block before selling it.

|

United States of America

12/6/2020 2:08 PM

Sent you a pm. I would buy it if you do decide to sell.

|




Business link - www.bc-inspect.com

12/6/2020 3:03 PM

Tony_Blake wrote:

Ok internet. Need some help and advice here (gasp) what you see here is a 38mm H series lectron carb on a 2001 rm 125 with a vforce reed cage. It appears to be an extremely tight fit ( might be able to get in there a little closer) you can see how close it is to the shock. From what I have read here on vital is that this is the issue coming off of a vforce cage. I'm sure it would fit fine off of the 20 year old stock cage but that's going completely backwards right? I've read that boyeson rad valves are shorter? What would you do ( this bike has been running exceptionally well since July) I thought this would be a cool trick upgrade for this bike but maybe it's not? Also, 90% sure this carb will be for sale! 375.00 shipped ! Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

So the boyesen rad valve is longer I tried both on my rm the vforce was a little better of a fit with the lectron. Even with the stock setup it’s tight but
nothing rubs. On the rm the stock reed boot with boyesen carbon reeds or even the dual stage composite reeds gave me the same improvements I got from the rad valve. On other bikes it’s a different story. I ended up buying a new stock reed boot and boyesen carbon reeds and taking the rad valve off and love it. The rad valve is close to 15mm longer then the stock stuff and when I got the air boot onto the lectron it binded up so much that if you looked inside the air boot the two sides were touching. I called lectron and they told me to heat the air boot up and try to form it. I tried finding a company to make a one off air boot and also no luck! hope this helps

|

12/6/2020 3:07 PM

Btw if I could go back I would try the dicks racing stage 3 carb mods on the stock carb and run whatever reed valve you want. As soon as you try to fit the air boot on there you will see what I mean.

|

12/6/2020 3:09 PM

I've been down this road on the 04 rm125, and its a mega pain.

I had the v force, and also the rad valve and they were both too long and angled improperly. I was running the smart carb, and eventually went back to stock reeds and manifold and it just fit. Just.

The juice wasn't worth the squeeze for mx and trail riding. Eventually went back to stock mikuni and reliability, confidence was a better solution with less headaches.

If your stock carb is worn, maybe a late model ktm mikuni take off might work with your jetting snd nozzle etx.

Those leftrons do fit well in the austrian bikes though and you can buy alternate air box boots so the intake doesn't crease on some Japanese bikes

|

12/6/2020 3:37 PM

Camp332 wrote:

The Lectron made such an improvement to my 2004 YZ125 that I suggest you at least try it with the stock reed block before selling it.

Are they that good? I've been considering one for my 2018 250sx

|

12/6/2020 3:40 PM

Photo

I won't drop any names on the internet but my neighbor saves the day once again. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘
|

12/6/2020 3:53 PM

Camp332 wrote:

The Lectron made such an improvement to my 2004 YZ125 that I suggest you at least try it with the stock reed block before selling it.

Donkey Kong wrote:

Are they that good? I've been considering one for my 2018 250sx

For my situation where the stock Mikuni just wouldn't work well, the Lectron is absolutely THAT good! So crisp bro.

|

United States of America

12/6/2020 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/6/2020 3:57 PM

Tony_Blake wrote: Photo

I won't drop any names on the internet but my neighbor saves the day once again. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘

|

12/6/2020 7:24 PM

NHtoWA421 wrote:

i remember siding the air box boot on my 02 being a big pain in the dick with vforce2 and stock carb but the boot never made contact with the spring... I can imagine it is a HUGE dick here. Have you tried fitting the boot to see if it clears?

Was working on it with a friend and had to go do dad duty. We left it and chalked it up later as "sh*t don't fit" after I was talking to the person I bought this carb from he gave us a tip on a different way to install it. Which, seem to do the trick πŸ‘Œ

|

12/6/2020 7:25 PM

Camp332 wrote:

The Lectron made such an improvement to my 2004 YZ125 that I suggest you at least try it with the stock reed block before selling it.

What did you see for improvements on the yz?

|

12/6/2020 7:27 PM

NHtoWA421 wrote:

i remember siding the air box boot on my 02 being a big pain in the dick with vforce2 and stock carb but the boot never made contact with the spring... I can imagine it is a HUGE dick here. Have you tried fitting the boot to see if it clears?

I was working on it with a friend and had to leave. As I was leaving we chalked this up as a "sh*t don't fit. Looks like he got it on later in the day.

|

12/6/2020 7:28 PM

chrisg19 wrote:

Sent you a pm. I would buy it if you do decide to sell.

Ill keep it in mind. It's on now and I want to see how this idea pans out. Spring isn't to far away πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

|

12/6/2020 7:31 PM

Camp332 wrote:

The Lectron made such an improvement to my 2004 YZ125 that I suggest you at least try it with the stock reed block before selling it.

Donkey Kong wrote:

Are they that good? I've been considering one for my 2018 250sx

Not sure yet. Are they trick looking tho? Absolutely

|

12/6/2020 7:38 PM

Tony_Blake wrote:

Ill keep it in mind. It's on now and I want to see how this idea pans out. Spring isn't to far away πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Sounds good. Just let me know if you decide to sell.
Thanks

|




Business link - www.bc-inspect.com

12/6/2020 9:11 PM

I managed to make mine fit with the V-forece3 and Lectron. It is very tight and a pain in the ass, but it works. My airboat is pushed in slightly on the outer edge and when I checked inside it still had plenty of room to pull air.

If it is impacting air flow in any way, no one told my RM144 that. The motor is healthy! I had it ported for Mid/Top to compensate the 144 kit a bit. I like the end result. Photo

|