Lectron Gen II 4 Stroke Carb?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/7/2017 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/7/2017 6:56 PM

Anybody tried one of these puppies? Thought about throwing one on a 2013 mod yz250f but for $730 bucks it's not just a part I would try out just for sh*ts and giggles considering the Keihin FCR is not a really bad to begin with. I know a lot of people have been putting them on their 2 strokes but have yet to hear a review of one on a 4 stroke. Anybody have thoughts or opinions on them for a four stroke application?

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/index.php/4t-carbs

|

9/7/2017 8:08 PM

Looks interesting. I m planing on getting one for a YZ250 2 stroke once it starts to rain here in Ca. And I happen to have a CRF250R, 2008, that is highly modified in the garage. The problem with the CRF is it's a pain in the butt to start. If that
carb was less expensive I might give it a try..... but for 730 bucks I'd expect it to have a tongue that will pleasure me on command.

|

9/7/2017 9:33 PM

Wouldnt it be easier to put $730 bucks towards a efi bike? You know they have been out for almost 9 years now.

|

9/8/2017 5:11 AM

racerx217 wrote:

Wouldnt it be easier to put $730 bucks towards a efi bike? You know they have been out for almost 9 years now.

I've owned both a 2011 yamaha and 2014 Honda so it isn't as if I haven't owned an FI bike. I just came upon a very cheap 2013 and thought about making it a project bike, that is all.

|

9/8/2017 5:49 AM

Is it really an 8 hour job to get a carb out of a Honda 250?

|

9/8/2017 7:42 AM

If you're cool contiplating spending that kind of money, I'd get the R&D Genius throttle body for the 2013 bike you're buying.
Yes... it's worth the money. Geico is/was running them on the race bikes.

|

9/8/2017 7:42 AM

MR. X wrote:

Is it really an 8 hour job to get a carb out of a Honda 250?

8 minutes wink

|

9/8/2017 8:24 AM

PTshox wrote:

Looks interesting. I m planing on getting one for a YZ250 2 stroke once it starts to rain here in Ca. And I happen to have a CRF250R, 2008, that is highly modified in the garage. The problem with the CRF is it's a pain in the butt to start. If that
carb was less expensive I might give it a try..... but for 730 bucks I'd expect it to have a tongue that will pleasure me on command.

Are the 4 stroke Lectron's more expensive than the 2 stroke's?? I've got the lectron on a '16 300XC and it's the best mod I could have ever put on the bike. I'd like to hear how it works on the carb'd 4 strokes...update us if you do decide to make the change.

|

9/8/2017 8:25 AM

langhammx wrote:

If you're cool contiplating spending that kind of money, I'd get the R&D Genius throttle body for the 2013 bike you're buying.
Yes... it's worth the money. Geico is/was running them on the race bikes.

13 is a carb model isnt it? R&D is a throttle body.

|

9/8/2017 9:36 AM

Basically the reason I'm asking is I'm getting a 13 250f for an extremely low price (500) with a brand new piston and cylinder because the kid is tired of dealing with it so I am debating about whether to try and build a really good and reliable bike (those older yamahas were bulletproof) or just flip it to get a 15+ yamaha. Those 10-13 bikes were my favorite looking bikes of the modern era.

|

9/8/2017 9:52 AM

langhammx wrote:

If you're cool contiplating spending that kind of money, I'd get the R&D Genius throttle body for the 2013 bike you're buying.
Yes... it's worth the money. Geico is/was running them on the race bikes.

MXBREWSKI wrote:

13 is a carb model isnt it? R&D is a throttle body.

Maybe it is, I'm not sure on that actually... I just figured that all the bikes were FI, in '13. But now that you mentioned it, I remember the YZF250 being the only carb bike at one point.

I have the Lectron on my RM250 and it works great, but I know nothing about their 4-stroke carbs. I'm sure it's a great product, but I don't have any experience with them.

|

9/8/2017 11:35 AM

PTshox wrote:

Looks interesting. I m planing on getting one for a YZ250 2 stroke once it starts to rain here in Ca. And I happen to have a CRF250R, 2008, that is highly modified in the garage. The problem with the CRF is it's a pain in the butt to start. If that
carb was less expensive I might give it a try..... but for 730 bucks I'd expect it to have a tongue that will pleasure me on command.

Bramlett321 wrote:

Are the 4 stroke Lectron's more expensive than the 2 stroke's?? I've got the lectron on a '16 300XC and it's the best mod I could have ever put on the bike. I'd like to hear how it works on the carb'd 4 strokes...update us if you do decide to make the change.

somebody give you that carb?

|

9/8/2017 12:17 PM

langhammx wrote:

If you're cool contiplating spending that kind of money, I'd get the R&D Genius throttle body for the 2013 bike you're buying.
Yes... it's worth the money. Geico is/was running them on the race bikes.

*was

|

9/8/2017 12:22 PM

I've seen a lot of people putting them on yz125/yz250 bikes lately and I always thought those carburetors were really good from the factory which makes me think the 4 stroke carb would be an upgrade over the FCR. I might call them up and see if they have had anyone run it on my specific application and what the results were...regardless of how well they work they definitely look sweet!

|

9/8/2017 3:21 PM

The 2 stroke carb is around $500 with the throttle cable.

|

9/9/2017 1:18 AM

Sooooooooooooooooooo, have you checked the valve clearance lately? You could spend all that money on a different carb for no reason

|

4/18/2018 11:26 PM

Cmiller493 wrote:

Anybody tried one of these puppies? Thought about throwing one on a 2013 mod yz250f but for $730 bucks it's not just a part I would try out just for sh*ts and giggles considering the Keihin FCR is not a really bad to begin with. I know a lot of people have been putting them on their 2 strokes but have yet to hear a review of one on a 4 stroke. Anybody have thoughts or opinions on them for a four stroke application?

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/index.php/4t-carbs

Recently put one on my 2008 WR450F.
Smooth,linear power rides real nice.
Starting hot or cold is a breeze.
Very easy to tune.
Cheap compared to a FCR there $2500 AUD retail !

|

"Performance Matters"