Leatt releases statement following Brad Anderson crash

InTheKnow
2/22/2019 11:24am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2019 11:28am
The reality is that riders are significantly exceeding speeds compared to the industry standards on a moto, street or mountain helmets. So wearing something that is ultra light, super ventilated and it passes the standard - at the bare minimum... you will be hurt, the helmet will fail. So while Leatt shows they're going a bit higher than the industry standard... The standard itself is not adequate to what riders are doing, so that extra bit isn't enough.
2/22/2019 11:49am
This forum needs an IQ-test when you join....
msp332
2/22/2019 2:20pm
Leatt is the only helmet manufacturer who releases independent test data. I wish others would follow. Every manufacturer has crash test dummies- either the dummies used to test acceleration from impacts, or the dummies who buy helmets without demanding to see the acceleration test data.

Unfortunately, the only current test standards address acceleration that might prevent death and not Traumatic Brain Injuries. We need a secondary standard, driven by the medical field, to address TBI during lower-speed impacts in addition to the current high-acceleration limit tests.

Safety is not a feel. Show me the test data!
ukhonda28
2/22/2019 11:31pm
The test in the video looks seriously flawed to me. Helmets are not free to bounce on impact, usually there is a large body and a bike following to drive it into the ground or object.

The Shop

BobbyLight
2/23/2019 12:05am
77Moto wrote:
If you want to stop rotational forces, as Mentioned in the top of this thread, all of these angles, vents, ledges and edges are sure to...
If you want to stop rotational forces, as Mentioned in the top of this thread, all of these angles, vents, ledges and edges are sure to grab dirt and twist the head.

As compared to say this. Common sense says one will have less places to hit and grab and twist.

There is a reason NFL Helmets have remained "Round" Hit and slide...........not hit and dig catch and twist. They already have that problem with their facemasks

That is why arai helmets are round. https://www.araiamericas.com/the-arai-difference/r75
Motofinne
2/23/2019 12:28am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 8:48am
I still think it is crazy that the chinbar ripped off in a "small" crash like that. Leatt, which is a legit company can say what ever they want about it. It does not look good.

What are the odds that the helmet that Brad has was flawed? A manufacturing error?

Btw, the instagram post of the crash is deleted for some reason.

Post a reply to: Leatt releases statement following Brad Anderson crash

The Latest