Leatt gear

Related:
Create New Tag

7/1/2020 7:27 AM

I met with a sales rep from Leatt yesterday. (Nice guy, very knowledgeable) I'm thinking about maybe carrying some of their gear. Probably goggles, chest protectors, boots, and maybe some other odds and ends to start.

Without this turning into a kneck brace vs. no kneck brace thread, do you have any input on their stuff?

|

7/1/2020 7:50 AM

I’ve had a couple sets and they have fallen apart pretty damn quickly. Seams came out of my 2020 IKS 5.5 pants after ONE ride. Gloves developed a hole after two rides. Jersey is holding up fine.

|

7/1/2020 11:25 AM

Zachintosh wrote:

I’ve had a couple sets and they have fallen apart pretty damn quickly. Seams came out of my 2020 IKS 5.5 pants after ONE ride. Gloves developed a hole after two rides. Jersey is holding up fine.

Hey Zachintosh, We're sorry to hear about your issues with your pants and gloves. Would you mind emailing us some photos and your contact details to info@leatt.com and we'll assist you as best we can.

|

7/1/2020 11:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2020 11:54 AM

I have a set of the 2019 GPX 5.5 ultraweld gear. I love the materials that it's made of and have had zero issues with it as far as wear and tear goes. Leatt's sizing is a bit off though. I had originally ordered a 34/L combo which is dead on my size in all other manufacturers gear. I could barely squeeze into their 34W pant, and I'm actually a 33W. The jersey was also a bit too small. I understand it's a more athletic fit, but I mean I could barely get it on. I had to step up to a 36/XL combo. It's a bit loose but not terrible.

If you are selling in-store, urge people to try it on before they buy. I'd buy more of their gear if the fit was true to size but Fox and Thor have them beat in that area for me.

|

7/1/2020 12:13 PM

Zachintosh wrote:

Hard to believe given my experience with the stuff. ONE ride? Two rides? Their gloves wear better than any other I've had after a shitload of hours. The palm material is bomber and gets grippier when wet. I've worn down the outer but never the palm material. Pants, I would say are similar in durability to the rest of the line and at least equal to the other brands out there. Had a bad zipper on one and they replaced it, no hassles. Sizing for me is real close to the others. In the higher end 5.5 stuff that is more fitted, I still wear a 36 pant but am borderline upsizing the jersey.

|

7/1/2020 12:25 PM

I have their dual axis knee/shin guards.
Well built, and survived several flat track crashes. One of them keeps sliding down during rides, but I had the same issue with a Thor force. Either I have one weird leg or I need to adjust the straps.

|

man who runs in front of bus gets tired. man who runs behind bus gets exhausted

7/1/2020 12:43 PM

Quality stuff. I have a chest protector from Leatt that feels safer than any other I’ve had while being less bulky and more comfortable. It is quite hot to wear but, I’ll live with that for the protection it offers.

|

7/1/2020 12:45 PM

Leatt is quality. The protection and apparel products that come from them at the moment is really, really good. And the design is good too in my opinion!

|

7/1/2020 1:15 PM

I wear their neck brace, chest pro, and gloves. All great quality. No complaints.

|

2018 CRF250R

7/1/2020 2:15 PM

have had numerous pants rip out as well as the belt buckle breaking off. for the third or fourth year of gear though, the stuff is pretty good. rome wasn't built in a day

|

7/1/2020 8:06 PM

I have flexlock boots and most comfortable boots I’ve ever owned love them but.... 3rd ride nothing serious and the right boot is missing a large piece of the side/sole disappointed a little as I didn’t crash or stub my foot it’s like it’s peeled off.

|

7/1/2020 8:13 PM

I loves my no-velcro gloves

|

7/1/2020 8:16 PM

Their MTB gear is on point!

|

7/1/2020 8:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/1/2020 8:29 PM

My oldest son has used their gear for the past couple of years and he loves it. Holding up extremely well especially considering how much use it gets. 3 Leatt helmets n our family and absolutely love them. The comfort is better than anything I’ve ever worn.

|

7/1/2020 9:03 PM

I’ve only been using their helmet and I absolutely love it.

|

7/1/2020 10:18 PM

I’ve used their goggles. I got them from my rep who does Leatt stuff and they are the real deal. Easiest lens change I’ve ever dealt with.

|

7/2/2020 12:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2020 12:13 PM

I have used their Leatt GPX original and 5.5 neck brace, 5.5 Pro body armor. I still have one of their 2018 GPX helmets and their 2019 GPX 4.5 pants and jersey.

I can see they have invested a lot into their helmets and I wouldn't hesitate to get into one of those again.

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

7/2/2020 2:16 PM

yz133rider wrote:

Quality stuff. I have a chest protector from Leatt that feels safer than any other I’ve had while being less bulky and more comfortable. It is quite hot to wear but, I’ll live with that for the protection it offers.

It only doesn’t feel safer but probably is. What a lot of people don’t know is that chest protectors and other protective equipment also get certified based on how good they protect. I would guess your chest pro says ce level-2 somewhere, which is the highest mark. You’d be surprised how many chest protectors on the market qualify as nothing more than roost protectors.

|

7/2/2020 2:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/3/2020 7:08 AM

Wiff3 wrote:

I met with a sales rep from Leatt yesterday. (Nice guy, very knowledgeable) I'm thinking about maybe carrying some of their gear. Probably goggles, chest protectors, boots, and maybe some other odds and ends to start.

Without this turning into a kneck brace vs. no kneck brace thread, do you have any input on their stuff?

I like their style!

|

7/3/2020 3:57 AM

Thank you for all the input! Seems like good stuff to me.

|

7/3/2020 4:07 AM

Question is, how do you pronounce it?

LEET

Or

LEE-AT

?

|

7/3/2020 6:59 AM

tobz wrote:

Question is, how do you pronounce it?

LEET

Or

LEE-AT

?

Lee-at.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/3/2020 10:39 AM

Lèat, easy as it is.
I have 2 neck braces and 1 chest protector and i'm happy with the quality.
Great products. Would like to try their helmets.
Also their googles are really good. Reaaally really good.

|

7/8/2020 7:37 AM

I switched to Leatt this year and at first sight I liked the setup. I got the 4.5 jerseys and pants and haven't had any issues with the jerseys other than being a bit short (I'm 6'0" with more torso length than legs and a large jersey is a bit short). The pants have had issues, mainly related to the stitching pattern on the strap and buckle as well as the lack of adjustment straps on the side. I've had to contact Leatt customer service twice but they've been one of the best companies to work with personally. I firmly believe that their mid-range to higher end gear is solid but the cheaper side has some room for improvement.

|

7/8/2020 8:37 AM

I have a set of GPX 5.5 gear and it’s one of the best sets I’ve ever owned. They’ve held up great and the materials they use are top notch. Also their GPX 1.5 GripR gloves is my favorite glove. Super thin, no Velcro.

|