Least favorite current pro rider

MW19
7/12/2017 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/14/2017 12:49pm
Not to totally bash on current racers or anything, but I was thinking the other day how I like most AMA racers at the moment. There's not a lot of riders that I dislike. There's a few that I could take them or leave them. But there are a few that rub me the wrong way however. I don't hate them, they're just not my favorite. I have 3. For example, Cianciarulo. I know he is well liked but I've never really been a fan. Not a 100% sure why. I feel like he feels entitled at times. Even though he seems like a nice person. And also at the moment, Baggett. For his unnecessary comments he has made recently. But it does make for some entertainment. Another one I'll throw out there who is pretty well liked is Wilson. Back in the day when he got injured by connecting with Tomac. He got online and started tweeting lame things about Tomac. It was clear what Wilson really thought of Tomac off the track. Seemed like a bully. Never really rooted for him since then even though that was years ago and he was a kid.

I don't know much about the GPs, but I've always been "ehh" when it came to Herlings. Maybe for the same reasons as Cianciarulo.

So it seems like my listing are of pretty popular/likable riders...Just me or anyone else?
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
7/12/2017 5:00pm
You should go ahead and delete this.
markit
7/12/2017 5:06pm
So you dislike AC and BB cause there going to have more tittles than ET and DW cause he will too, I dont care for Muskrat.
RandyS
7/12/2017 5:07pm
I hate Canard, Dungey, Marvin, Wil Hahn, Doug Henry, and Guy Cooper.,
Gas7
7/12/2017 5:08pm
colintrax wrote:
You should go ahead and delete this.
x2

The Shop

akillerwombat
7/12/2017 5:08pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2017 5:10pm
Never been much of a Weston fan. He's had some solid rides over the years, and I respect him for that, but his attitude / professionalism is pretty off putting.

Reed is someone I've never been much into either. I am all for a shit talker, and he is / has been an incredible asset to this sport, but his inability to own up to his own shortcomings has always worn me a bit thin.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
7/12/2017 5:11pm
Did you run out of puppies to kick?
7/12/2017 5:21pm
AC actually seems like one of the most thoughtful, humble guys out there. Perhaps some of it is related to getting a gut check due to his injuries/being inactive, but every time I hear him talk I am impressed with how well spoken and genuine he comes off. He seems like a really good kid.

I personally really want to see him pull off a successful title run.

I don't dislike any rider, but I'm jealous of anyone who gets more seat time than I do.
MotoChris
7/12/2017 5:25pm
AC seems as though he has been humbled by his struggles in the pros. He was one of the most celebrated amateur riders in recent years and that kind of success would be hard for any kid to manage to the satisfaction of most (regular) people. I have more respect for him as a person now.
MotoChris
7/12/2017 5:27pm
Blackforest and I must have been typing at the same time with almost identical thoughts.
TXDirt
7/12/2017 5:37pm
Only Marvin when he cross jumps people who are faster then him.
agn5009
7/12/2017 5:44pm
I don't know any of them so I don't hate any of them. I certainly respect every one of them that line up though.
BobPA
7/12/2017 5:44pm
TXDirt wrote:
Only Marvin when he cross jumps people who are faster then him.
Examples of this?

7/12/2017 5:48pm
MotoChris wrote:
Blackforest and I must have been typing at the same time with almost identical thoughts.
Exactly, man. I don't see how you can't like that guy.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
7/12/2017 5:50pm
What a great topic...Pinch
DonM
7/12/2017 6:09pm
This is just dumb....
KDXGarage
7/12/2017 6:12pm
Anyone in front of a Kawasaki
HenryJ77
7/12/2017 6:25pm
I've never understood how and why you can dislike or hate on a a rider. Have any of the riders you listed done something personal to you to cause the dislike towards them? Just doesn't make sense to me.
7/12/2017 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2017 6:32pm
I used to not care for Josh Grant, I didn't like the way he acted and it seemed like he was part of some gang or something, but I've grown to be a fan of his now after seeing what he's been there and changing his attitude.

I've also never been much of a Barcia fan, I like to see him have success after what he's gone through but in SX this year IMO he had no business being out there with the way he was riding. He had zero capability of seeing past the position directly ahead of him and a lot of the time would end screwing another rider over and himself. Just seemed like a piss poor attitude to have for someone of his caliber. Not mention the other times he's made himself look silly, but I can't really blame him, I'm sure racing is a rollercoaster of emotions.
mxjeff575
7/12/2017 6:35pm
HenryJ77 wrote:
I've never understood how and why you can dislike or hate on a a rider. Have any of the riders you listed done something personal to...
I've never understood how and why you can dislike or hate on a a rider. Have any of the riders you listed done something personal to you to cause the dislike towards them? Just doesn't make sense to me.
I think I understand what the OP means. I think this is just part of being a fan. I see this all the time with fans of stick and ball sports. How many people cheer against the Patriots? Or Brady? Or Caepernick? (legit reason for that though, lol). Like the OP stated, i have certain riders i really cheer for, mad respect for all of them, but there are a few that just, as a fan, rub you the wrong way, and are maybe riders you don't want to see do well. And most of us have limited interaction with them - our opinions are formed on limited info. I've been guilty of not being a big fan of a rider, and then seeing or reading an interview, and then really being a fan.
mxjeff575
7/12/2017 6:37pm
I used to not care for Josh Grant, I didn't like the way he acted and it seemed like he was part of some gang or...
I used to not care for Josh Grant, I didn't like the way he acted and it seemed like he was part of some gang or something, but I've grown to be a fan of his now after seeing what he's been there and changing his attitude.

I've also never been much of a Barcia fan, I like to see him have success after what he's gone through but in SX this year IMO he had no business being out there with the way he was riding. He had zero capability of seeing past the position directly ahead of him and a lot of the time would end screwing another rider over and himself. Just seemed like a piss poor attitude to have for someone of his caliber. Not mention the other times he's made himself look silly, but I can't really blame him, I'm sure racing is a rollercoaster of emotions.
Exactly. I kinda cheered against Barcia too, because of all the bonehead moves he made. I forget the year, 2011/2012-ish, but the year Josh Hanson was on PC Kawi and was like the big bully in the class taking riders out left and right, I wasn't a big fan of him.
7/12/2017 6:43pm
When I was in high school I disliked anyone that rode a YZ. That was 40 years ago.
Lester
7/12/2017 6:45pm
My dad doesn't like Bob Hannah because when I was younger and went to get an autograph from him, he didn't look me in the eyes. He just signed it and gave it back while looking out into the distance. My dad said he was arrogant.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
7/12/2017 6:46pm
Im going with, "In", as my vote.
dirtnapper
7/12/2017 6:58pm
I honestly don't think this is such a bad thread, as some of you are making it out to be.

We all have our favorites. We all have those who aren't so much favorites. Who cares? Why can't we discuss it?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Wilson because of his stupid comments about " why would my parents ever move to Canada... " ( because they were trying to make a better life for your family you spoiled entitled little whiner - instead of being upset maybe be thankful....... ) and his horribly FAKE Scottish accent.

Just my opinion.......Cool
tempura
7/12/2017 7:01pm
All of them!
They get fresh bikes every week, factory suspension... New boots and gear every week, As well as the custom butt patches...it's just not fair... I stomp my feet in protest!!
They don't even clean their bikes after the races, just jump straight on a flight home...lol
This thread is stupid by the way.
Jrewing
7/12/2017 7:39pm
tempura wrote:
All of them! They get fresh bikes every week, factory suspension... New boots and gear every week, As well as the custom butt patches...it's just not...
All of them!
They get fresh bikes every week, factory suspension... New boots and gear every week, As well as the custom butt patches...it's just not fair... I stomp my feet in protest!!
They don't even clean their bikes after the races, just jump straight on a flight home...lol
This thread is stupid by the way.
This. Screw them all.

The other they are the more respect I have.. it's not an easy sport as you get older.
Sodipop
7/12/2017 7:42pm
Any Aldon rider. And dean Wilson
rpoint116
7/12/2017 7:45pm
HenryJ77 wrote:
I've never understood how and why you can dislike or hate on a a rider. Have any of the riders you listed done something personal to...
I'm not a Langston fan because if the idiotic reckless move he did on Bobby Bonds almost killing him. Totally uncalled for.

TeamGreen
7/12/2017 7:48pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I honestly don't think this is such a bad thread, as some of you are making it out to be. We all have our favorites. We...
I honestly don't think this is such a bad thread, as some of you are making it out to be.

We all have our favorites. We all have those who aren't so much favorites. Who cares? Why can't we discuss it?

Personally I'm not a huge fan of Wilson because of his stupid comments about " why would my parents ever move to Canada... " ( because they were trying to make a better life for your family you spoiled entitled little whiner - instead of being upset maybe be thankful....... ) and his horribly FAKE Scottish accent.

Just my opinion.......Cool
Wow.

Fake Scottish accent? Damn.

Let you in on a little secret, the more he's around his mom and dad...the thicker it gets; and, that's kinda funny. All the while, it makes sense. For a few years he wasn't around them as much as he is these days...so...there's always that.

Sean Connery would punch you in the face.

I'm jus' sayin'...

Post a reply to: Least favorite current pro rider

The Latest