Lazy E arenacross

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 2:40pm
Racing tonight and tomorrow night. It has been great racing the last 2 years I have gone.

Taking my Sweetie (2nd time) and 2 of her kids and 2 of their friends.

The seating is pretty awesome, I'll try and take some pics and post up.

The seats i got for reserved seating were 25 bucks apiece, on the front row....track runs right along the wall,

If anyone else is going, hit me up, would enjoy talking with you.

and.....this is the run up to Arlington SX, me and iwreckalot have tix to that too!

Lazy E is a HUGE arena, not typical...super long....

PS
|
gt80rider
1/19/2018 8:15am
I am a huge AX fan, heck, I think the racing is much better there. At least it is much more interesting for me to watch, plus there is a lot more fender rubbing. Also like how much different some of their tracks are. While most are the super small "standard" layout, there are several that are much different/larger.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
1/19/2018 8:33am
gt80rider,

I agree.

The racing is tight, there are several classes, and at this event you are right on top of the racing...there is no setback away from the track, so you are RIGHT there...

My girl loves the little guys racing (go figure), thank God we are far past the baby making stage! hahaha

We took the boys last year, gonna take one of the boys (18) and his sister (16) and their friends this time.

They know I'm into it big, and they like getting out and doing stuff with us, so it's a win/win for me. :-)

It's a pretty good venue....i think Lumpy from Motohose and racingfortheson were there last year (or 2) can't remember....but we had some severe storms come through (it is Oklahoma) but the event was in the summer I think.

PS
OUMX117
1/19/2018 8:43am Edited Date/Time 1/19/2018 8:43am
The Lazy E is usually a really good track! Not racing it this year, but I'll be watching #32 Cody Tucker on the RT Mods KTM in +25!!
1/19/2018 10:06am
Careful about sitting next to the track right by the wall. I was at a local arenacross race that was just like that. The jumps ran right up against the wall there was the wall the railing and the seating literally all the was between them was the walkway.

One time in a 125 pro race over this double then triple section one of the riders got bumped on the corner before the double and almost went into the crowd. His bike literally was grinding sideways on the hand railing within feet of hitting people.

Luckily the rider managed to pull the bike back into the arena onto the track otherwise it would have been much much worse.

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
1/19/2018 10:25am
I love racing there, it's always great dirt and the size seems to be just right for bigger bikes.

I hear ya SmokinJoe. I raced the arenacross in the Dallas convention center and tried blitzing the whoops faster than usual. Of course I swapped out and ended up headed straight for the wall. Thankfully it was just a curtain and next thing I know I'm under the bleachers, having somehow avoided hitting all of the scaffolding. Super weird fielding going from bracing for a big hit to just sudden darkness and wondering where the hell I was. Haha.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
1/19/2018 1:44pm
OUMX117 wrote:
The Lazy E is usually a really good track! Not racing it this year, but I'll be watching #32 Cody Tucker on the RT Mods KTM...
The Lazy E is usually a really good track! Not racing it this year, but I'll be watching #32 Cody Tucker on the RT Mods KTM in +25!!
Thanks OUMX! We will be checking him out also!!

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
1/19/2018 1:46pm
crt32,

Thanks man for posting those pics!

I tell people how big it is but my pics aren't as good as yours.....

lumpy790
1/19/2018 2:13pm
I have been to the one during the summer and there is more room for the track than most stadiums!
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
1/19/2018 2:25pm
lumpy790 wrote:
I have been to the one during the summer and there is more room for the track than most stadiums!
we have chairback seats seen in the photos, front row. Sat in the bleachers last 2 years.

Lumpy, pretty sure you were at the amateur indoor races? Seems like May if I remember.

Was a good time for sure...

PS
brlatm
1/19/2018 2:40pm
"this is the run up to Arlington SX, me and iwreckalot have tix to that too!"

Caution hanging with iwreckalot will make your head hurt the next day....enjoyWink

Post a reply to: Lazy E arenacross

The Latest