Lawson Bopping?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/18/2018 9:25 PM

What happened to the Aussie privateer Lawson Bopping? Seemed like he kinda came out of nowhere a couple years ago, made enough noise to get noticed then.. ?????

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

3/18/2018 9:27 PM

|

3/18/2018 9:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2018 2:42 AM

Good guy a couple years ago, probably ran out of funds here in the states racing privateer.

|

3/18/2018 10:46 PM

He’s operating one of the coolest tracks in New South Wales these days. Used to be an old sand quarry with a few random super deep practice tracks cut in, awesome for training. now he’s taken it over properly and turned it legit.

I saw he raced the Adelaide straight rhythm thing a few weeks back but not sure about a return full time.

|

3/19/2018 2:50 AM

I’m pretty sure Boppo only had enough $$ to race those few rounds in the states, had a few good rides and came back here and to me look liked he struggled, 1 supercross event i’m pretty sure he crashed out and pulled off and didnt ride the next few rounds. I was gutted as he’s been my favourite rider here for years

|

3/19/2018 2:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2018 2:57 AM

When he came back from the states I’m pretty sure he got real sick and wasn’t doing much riding then came back for a sx and got hurt or something and didn’t really come back, he runs Lambert MX I think it’s called and from what I’ve heard it’s a great place to ride.

The guy has some serious skills on a dirt bike it’s a shame he couldn’t get some extra support or a fill in ride while in the states to see what he could do on a competitive bike

|

3/19/2018 3:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2018 3:04 AM

He has been fighting a type of illness ( Best way to describe it ) that they can't figure out what is going on.

It is leaving him with very little energy and has all but put his racing days on hold.

The guy still has a tonne of speed and natural talent, just over 18 months ago he was still quick enough to lead Australia's best SX riders for a lap or two.

Just over a week ago he raced a one off event that ran alongside the opening round of the Australian Supercars event in South Australia.

It was a split rhythm SX race, one on one racing on a 25 second track.

Racing was great, by Sunday arvo he was on pace with Current Aussie SX2 champ Jackson Richardson, Brett Metcalfe and a tad off Daniel Reardon.

There was some pretty neat racing, a lot like straight rhythm with a few corners thrown in!

Lawson on the left
Photo

Photo

|

3/19/2018 5:30 AM

Rumours are it was Aids he was battling. It's good he still has the strength to prep up one of the best tracks around. If only he'd make Thursday rides Fridays instead..

|

3/19/2018 7:24 AM

Jrewing wrote:

Rumours are it was Aids he was battling. It's good he still has the strength to prep up one of the best tracks around. If only ...more

The dude is a Diabetic and has had some kind of low energy deal the makes training and racing pretty much impossible at a pro level. He has stepped back and runs a track that is very well liked a few hours south of Sydney. He doesn't have Aids....just a realy bad hair cut.

|

3/19/2018 8:52 AM

Jrewing wrote:

Rumours are it was Aids he was battling. It's good he still has the strength to prep up one of the best tracks around. If only ...more

Rumours are, you are a fcking dickwad..
Hows that sit with you?

Cant stand gossip,
Absolutle despise suckshit gossip.
|

3/19/2018 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/19/2018 1:33 PM

Jrewing wrote:

make1go wrote:
Hows that sit with you?

Cant stand gossip,

As if 1 person would even believe it Aids!! Well maybe you obviously

Lawson's a champ and shame he's not on the racescene proper.

|

3/20/2018 10:31 PM

Jrewing wrote:

make1go wrote:
Hows that sit with you?

Cant stand gossip,
Jrewing wrote:

Lawson's a champ and shame he's not on the racescene ...more

Your as funny as cancer. I spoke to him personally and it is a chronic fatigue related type issue that no one in Australia or the US has been able to diagnose or treat well yet, from doctors, sports nutritionist at the AIS, gluten free dietitians or crystal rubbing and sharkra aligning bark smokers.

|

3/20/2018 11:38 PM

make1go wrote:
Hows that sit with you?

Cant stand gossip,
Jrewing wrote:

Lawson's a champ and shame he's not on the racescene ...more

Underground wrote:

Your as funny as cancer. I spoke to him personally and it is a chronic fatigue related type issue that no one in Australia or ...more

He should try listening to some 432 Hz music wink

|

3/21/2018 1:40 AM

Aids? Fuck me. The internet kills me sometimes.

|