Lawrence, too much too soon?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/16/2021 5:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2021 5:25 PM

He'll get better. Hype made his finish look worse

|

1/16/2021 5:24 PM

He struggled in the whoops. Big time

|

1/16/2021 5:27 PM

Opener hype. I reckon he will be top 3 next race. Top 6 are all fast guys so no slouches

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

1/16/2021 6:49 PM

overhype disclosed

|

1/16/2021 6:49 PM

He was running 4,,,pasted Rj then had a bad lap.?

|

1/16/2021 6:50 PM

There was a lot of pressure on the kid... He'll get stronger as the season goes on.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/16/2021 6:52 PM

He will be fine. He's just a kid, he is far from his peak.....

|

1/16/2021 6:56 PM

bowl wrote:

He was running 4,,,pasted Rj then had a bad lap.?

Fucken exactly.. Rode calmly made a small mistake (Which turned into a cluster)

People are way to keen for him to fail blaming 'hype'

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/16/2021 7:03 PM

He will be fine.

|

1/16/2021 7:10 PM

bowl wrote:

He was running 4,,,pasted Rj then had a bad lap.?

jemcee wrote:

Fucken exactly.. Rode calmly made a small mistake (Which turned into a cluster)

People are way to keen for him to fail blaming 'hype'


The hype must add a lot of pressure but as he showed in the outdoors he knows how to be patient and manage a race.

He was about to pass for second(I think) then made a mistake and lost his mojo, got it back and was looking for about a fourth place finish when he somehow went down. Then RJ basically ran him over. I thought he showed a lot of patience to get back into it the first time.
|

1/16/2021 7:12 PM

He didn't fade, he'll be fine.

|

1/16/2021 7:22 PM

str8line wrote:
The hype must add a lot of pressure but as he showed in the outdoors he knows how to be patient and manage a race.

He was about to pass for second(I think) then made a mistake and lost his mojo, got it back and was looking for about a fourth place finish when he somehow went down. Then RJ basically ran him over. I thought he showed a lot of patience to get back into it the first time.

Absolutely!
It's prob what impresses me the most about him, he'll get in a position where could easily drop his lollies but he just stays calm and stays in it and puts himself in a decent position.. Considering he's a bit of a 'struggles with impulse control' kind of rooster off the bike it's pretty strange haha

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

1/16/2021 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2021 7:26 PM

Geezus...how many SX races does the kid actually have under his belt? He'll be fine.

|

1/16/2021 7:28 PM

He is so damn smooth it looks like he is barely trying, i havent seen such an efficient rider since i dont know who, amazing talent and a very bright future. He only has a small handful of races under his belt.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

1/16/2021 7:43 PM

ocscottie wrote:

He is so damn smooth it looks like he is barely trying, i havent seen such an efficient rider since i dont know who, amazing talent and a very bright future. He only has a small handful of races under his belt.

When they're feeling it, he and Sexton make it look almost effortless. So technical and precise. Opposite of guys like Osborne and RJ that look like they are charging all the time and on the ragged edge.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

1/16/2021 7:48 PM

He’s done. Should retire...






/sarcasm

|

1/16/2021 8:03 PM

Skuzzy29 wrote:

Geezus...how many SX races does the kid actually have under his belt? He'll be fine.

This

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


1/16/2021 8:11 PM

Fuck it, one round, throw in the towel.

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

1/16/2021 8:23 PM

What's worse off-season threads or post opening round threads?

|

1/16/2021 8:25 PM

he mounted a decent charge at the end... he has nothing but an up side, what’s with the negative waves man???

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

1/16/2021 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2021 8:32 PM

Tomac, too much too soon?

Fill in a huge list of names of guys who made mistakes tonight.

|

1/16/2021 8:49 PM

I was way more impressed with Vohland. 9th in very first Supercross? Not bad.

|

1/16/2021 9:07 PM

I do not see an Alessi repeat

|

1/16/2021 9:21 PM

I am over the Jett hype already. Seems like good kid and is damn fast. Not over him just the hype from his handlers. He will win lots of races and championships I am sure.

|

1/16/2021 10:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2021 10:33 PM

Went on smoko about the half way point for a lap or so, cost him a few seconds. Turned it up a notch at the end there before coming a croppa. She'll be right mate onwards and upwards hoo roo

Realistically he had the podium there for the taking for 80% of that race, just wasn't able to make the necessary moves.

|

1/16/2021 11:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2021 11:05 PM

Hes a 17yr old that got his ass handed to him by a 29yr old father of 2. He aint all that.

|

1/16/2021 11:15 PM

This post is too much too soon

|

1/16/2021 11:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/16/2021 11:21 PM

SCC wrote:

Hes a 17yr old that got his ass handed to him by a 29yr old father of 2. He aint all that.

About time that 29 got his second sx win.

|

1/17/2021 12:22 AM

FerCzD wrote:

He'll get better. Hype made his finish look worse

the winner is almost 30 , he got time wink

|

1/17/2021 12:41 AM

Its the first race of the season, its not like he was guaranteeing anything.. The kid has some serious talent, wins will come soon enough. But its not going to be easy.

|

2020 KTM 350 SXF