Latest Victim of Theft at Milestone

elmo
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 4:19pm
Curious if anybody here was at Milestone today, or yesterday I should say (6-27-11)? I was there working with Hamblin, and it seems that I am the latest victim of theft at Milestone. Somebody broke into my truck and stole my camera bag, which has over $6,000 in photo/video equipment in it. Camera body, four lenses, five memory cards, full Senneheiser audio setup, and a few other small things. I locked my truck each time I went out, but these fuckers must of had some sort of wedge kit, because they left some scratch marks near the door handle. I've filled a claim with m auto insurance company, but feeling very helpless and sick to my stomach. Am hoping somebody on the board was there and maybe saw something. Thanks, everyone.

-Kyle Cowling
|
Whitey
6/28/2011 2:56am
Mate, that sucks.
I hope you get your gear back and they get these fuckers.
newmann
6/28/2011 6:41am
Seems to be a weekly occurence out there. Any certain day or time this keeps happening, or just all the time? One day, someone's going to get caught and I hope they get their ass severely beaten on the spot and their vehicle vandalized, pilfered and burnt to the ground with 32:1. Of course there would be no witnesses....
jamma10
6/28/2011 6:44am
Fuckers. Milestone seems to be a hotspot for thieving scum, do the staff ever patrol the car park?

I've had a bike and ALL my kit stolen in the past, I know how it feels.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1522nd
6/28/2011 6:48am
Jsus, what is with all the theft threads. Man I hate that shit. And tweekers for what it's worth. Hope you get your stuff back. I wish one time I was as lucky as my buddy who caught a dude with his legs hanging out of his car. Bad mistake, as my buddy was only a 3rd degree back then and about 230lbs. If it only worked out that way more often...

The Shop

6/28/2011 7:43am
As cheap as digital cameras are today it would be a great product if someone could come up with a cheap motion sensitive cam for inside your vehicle. Milestone too should have security cams around their park. Did you check with them?
SH_105
6/28/2011 7:56am
I say they hand out GoPros at the gate to position inside your truck and turn them on/off everytime out just for security meassures. That way when it does happen these assholes get whats coming to them!!! Good marketing strategy for GoPro!!

SH
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
6/28/2011 8:14am
Bummer dude, been there myself.

These threads always make me want to ask where did you park? We go often and have never had/seen a problem. Just a drag to hear about.
carlosmacho
6/28/2011 8:20am
elmo wrote:
Curious if anybody here was at Milestone today, or yesterday I should say (6-27-11)? I was there working with Hamblin, and it seems that I am...
Curious if anybody here was at Milestone today, or yesterday I should say (6-27-11)? I was there working with Hamblin, and it seems that I am the latest victim of theft at Milestone. Somebody broke into my truck and stole my camera bag, which has over $6,000 in photo/video equipment in it. Camera body, four lenses, five memory cards, full Senneheiser audio setup, and a few other small things. I locked my truck each time I went out, but these fuckers must of had some sort of wedge kit, because they left some scratch marks near the door handle. I've filled a claim with m auto insurance company, but feeling very helpless and sick to my stomach. Am hoping somebody on the board was there and maybe saw something. Thanks, everyone.

-Kyle Cowling
Sorry to hear that. Thats a bummer, glad you have insurance. Thieves are always on the lookout for an opportunity. Camera/video/audio gear represents a small package with high dollar value. I make sure all me stuff fits in a single bag and always carry it with me at the tracks. I do not leave anything in the truck. I will leave it in the truck when I go to eat but I sit by the window so I can see it. If you can't see it, don't leave it.

If I was going to leave stuff in the truck or car, I would have an alarm system that alerted me when someone broke in.
dbarrett231
6/28/2011 8:21am
wow thats pretty lame ! milestone really needs to start doing something about this, ive gotten gear and goggles stolen from there a few times .
6/28/2011 8:29am
as much as this is happening, bet you money you are dealing with a serial thief, or thieves. if it was here or there, you could assume, usually, it was random crap. but the fact that this place has turned into someones "hunting ground", it strongly suggests a repeat offender!
downandup
6/28/2011 9:13am
Milestone really has a problem with these idiot thieves.

They need to set up a sting operation.

Just leave stuff in a car and sit back and watch. They'll catch 'em.
Mod Killer
6/28/2011 10:35am
yeah, a sting operation is necessary.

all ive ever heard about milestone is theft rumors.

i think it has to do with the fact that they will let anyone in the facility to hang out in the pits. there are definitely some seedy looking characters walking around aimlessly each time im there. but i could just as easily be another rider doing the theft.

the complaints need to start pouring in to milestone staff.
FIREfish148
6/28/2011 11:37am
Not trying to sound like an asshole or anything, but the out of site out of mind thing really works sometimes. I hope these dudes get caught that have been stealing shit out there. They need to be taken to the desert and taught a lesson. That's jus bullshit. Its probly at a pawn shop around there or on craigslist or e-bay right about now...
teggers
6/28/2011 12:02pm
I'd love to set up a trap for people like this.....and not call the cops.
Skinnly
6/28/2011 1:09pm
Total bullshit.I would go there excpecting it now.Really like the trap idea.That could work.
mxjef
6/28/2011 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2011 5:00pm
It's really sad that they are breaking into trucks there now.
They really need to hire some security to patrol the pits looking for thieves and putting a stop to all the goons pit racing. I don't see myself going back there anytime soon now.
machine
6/28/2011 5:07pm
Is it in a bad part of town ie; Compton?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2011 5:10pm
Wow, someone there has a taste for expensive camera gear.

Personally, I think I'll skip revisiting there until they take some action.
wawazat
6/28/2011 5:12pm
We all know what Milestone is, it does amaze me people still get their shit stolen though. You would think after all the thefts there that find their way to the boards, that people would hide their shit.

Problem with Milsetone is they have tall fencing around the tracks, really hard to park close to the track, and the vet track is even worse.

Elsinore was never this bad with the thefts.

Hope you get your gear back, but highly doubtful.
wawazat
6/28/2011 5:14pm
GuyB wrote:
Wow, someone there has a taste for expensive camera gear.

Personally, I think I'll skip revisiting there until they take some action.
Plan on staying a way for...well ever!

This has been an ongoing problem since they opened. They didn't change then and they are not changing now..

Just take the minimum that you can carry with you, and you don't have to worry..
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2011 5:16pm
Well, I won't be back until the end of summer, so it's a bit of a non-issue for me. But between Elmo, Goonrider, and Basher, that's three photo/video guys I know that have lost substantial amounts of gear there.
40Plus_922mx
6/28/2011 5:17pm
Time for racers/photogs to band together and make the owners aware of thier possible loss of customers. Sucks.
sec114
6/28/2011 5:23pm
from the outside here in florida, it sounds like some locals have some inside info, hole in fence, or something that is obviously working. i am sorry for not only the loss, but the insecurity it causes. hard to have fun if you are looking over your shoulder wondering where the next whammy is coming from.
wawazat
6/28/2011 5:24pm
GuyB wrote:
Well, I won't be back until the end of summer, so it's a bit of a non-issue for me. But between Elmo, Goonrider, and Basher, that's...
Well, I won't be back until the end of summer, so it's a bit of a non-issue for me. But between Elmo, Goonrider, and Basher, that's three photo/video guys I know that have lost substantial amounts of gear there.
Not to mention, tool boxes, coolers, chairs, bike parts, and anything else not bolted down..

what doin' this summer? Have plans or something? Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2011 5:26pm
Just the usual...touring the Nationals. Smile
wawazat
6/28/2011 5:31pm
GuyB wrote:
Oh, ok, well I hope your taking some photos and junk...It would be cool to have that as a memory. Maybe if some of the pics come out decent you could post em on a web site or something? Ever thought of that?? Oh and since your driving to all the nats, maybe name the website "Motodrive." lol

Kinda out there idea, but it might stick...your welcome to the name too... haha
6/28/2011 5:36pm
GuyB wrote:
LOL and chasing the ROCKSTAR GIRLS and MUSCLE MILK LADIES!!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2011 5:39pm
GuyB wrote:
wawazat wrote:
Oh, ok, well I hope your taking some photos and junk...It would be cool to have that as a memory. Maybe if some of the pics...
Oh, ok, well I hope your taking some photos and junk...It would be cool to have that as a memory. Maybe if some of the pics come out decent you could post em on a web site or something? Ever thought of that?? Oh and since your driving to all the nats, maybe name the website "Motodrive." lol

Kinda out there idea, but it might stick...your welcome to the name too... haha
Ha! I'll keep that in mind. Wink

Check the homepage once in a while. Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
6/28/2011 5:49pm
LOL and chasing the ROCKSTAR GIRLS and MUSCLE MILK LADIES!!
Ha! As they run away, maybe. Smile
6/28/2011 6:01pm
These thieves have got this figured out, certain days, when alot of riders are there, and everyones practicing, or busy they strike, like other guys have mentioned, set up a sting, but what happens if there gangmembers and break out a handgun or other weapons, then what?

Im sure it probably isnt cheap to practice there, and they let in spectators free?stop letting spectators in free,,, well if enough people stop going there then maybe the manager or owner , might hire a security guard, to patrol the pits, but what sucks is they stopped going into unlocked vehicles, and started breaking into them, whats next gun point robberys?

Post a reply to: Latest Victim of Theft at Milestone

The Latest