Last ride of the year ended in lots of pain!

JB_7
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 8:12am
I was going for a 50ft double riding my 05rmz450 and i got up in the air and went oh shit! I'm not going to make it. i went to bail but my left leg got caught up on something and from about 20feet up my bike came down and landed on my tib and fib crushing them both. i was rushed to the er by my mom and dad and when i got there the pain was so bad i just wanted to throw up. Then they did x-rays and i looked down to see my leg bending downward. So they did surgery and put a plate with six screws in my tib and i am in a cast for six weeks then i have to be in a walking boot for six to eight weeks.
|
scooter5002
11/18/2011 7:28am
Son of a BITCH! Sorry to hear that man. Wow. Sucks.
I take it that's you BEFORE your last ride, in front of a friends bike? Laughing
JB_7
11/18/2011 7:34am
Once i get home from school I'm going to add pictures of the x-rays. And whats worse is the weekend before in my last race of year i went over the bars and twisted my knee and it sprang and stretched my ligaments out so i just got cleared to ride again from my doctor and then i go and break my damn leg!
gharmon
11/18/2011 7:44am
I feel your pain my friend. Three weeks ago I went out on the track for couple last laps before I loaded up. I got on the track in front of my youngest son to try and stay in front of him for as long as I could. Going around a long sweeper I had my left foot out, the rear lost traction for a split second causing my foot to hit the ground and twist the shit out of my knee. Well now I have a torn ACL and meniscus in my left knee. Get well soon and good luck!!

The Shop

JB_7
11/18/2011 7:50am
What really sucks is i love the track i was riding at and the jump is named the wall because the take off is a steep incline that throws you way in the air its a step up and we had only been at the track like 30mins and that happens. Right as it happens i blacked out for like 30secs and when i came too i heard my bike running so i went to said up and my leg just fell so i crawled over and shut it off. Then the pain set in so i was laying in the middle of the landing screaming out for help as loud as i could and lucky my mom was waiting for me to come around and follow me around the track and when seen me fall and not hope right back up she knew something went wrong. All by herself she picked me up and helped carry me to the edge of the track so i wouldn't get run over. and another guy at the track helped carry me because i weigh like 160lbs and my mom was struggling.
gharmon
11/18/2011 8:01am
Tough mom. Parents will do anything for their children. Also, there is never a shortage of fellow mx'ers to help out. You know what sucks about my fucked up knee? I didn't even hit the damn ground!! I mean If I'm gonna be off the bike for so long I could have at least looked like i had a wreck. My gear was spotless. Worst 5 minutes of pain i've ever experienced though!!
shunter986
Fantasy
647th
11/18/2011 10:42am
gharmon wrote:
Tough mom. Parents will do anything for their children. Also, there is never a shortage of fellow mx'ers to help out. You know what sucks about...
Tough mom. Parents will do anything for their children. Also, there is never a shortage of fellow mx'ers to help out. You know what sucks about my fucked up knee? I didn't even hit the damn ground!! I mean If I'm gonna be off the bike for so long I could have at least looked like i had a wreck. My gear was spotless. Worst 5 minutes of pain i've ever experienced though!!
i feel you pain man. I tore mine preparing for mini os in 05 at GPF. I tore my miniscus in a bunch a spots and tore my ACL all the way through where my knee would pop out of place. I also tore my MCL and PCL it was a full blow out. It was the worst pain I ever felt for about a hr but mine was really really bad. I was off the bike for over a year. Dont ever miss therapy thats all I can say. Rehab is everything to get you back on the bike.
UAW_member
11/18/2011 4:21pm
If this is all the gear you were wearing, I'm surprised you didn't get hurt worse.

PS. I would have never guessed you were 100lbs from this photo.
mxb2
11/18/2011 5:25pm
UAW_member wrote:
If this is all the gear you were wearing, I'm surprised you didn't get hurt worse. [img]http://www.supercrossonline.com/uploadedImages/News/Headlines/Mercedes-Interview.jpg[/img] PS. I would have never guessed you were 100lbs...
If this is all the gear you were wearing, I'm surprised you didn't get hurt worse.

PS. I would have never guessed you were 100lbs from this photo.
Should have rode the newer kawy in the pic instead of the old rmz, JK bro get better, sucks but you will heal.
JB_7
11/19/2011 6:26am
Thanks to all that have posted it shows that us mxers stay strong to each other.
Outsider
11/19/2011 6:38am
You might want to try golf... just don't drive the cart.
Hoov
11/19/2011 9:38am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2011 9:39am
JB_7 wrote:
Thanks to all that have posted it shows that us mxers stay strong to each other.
Yur mom's a hottie! Is that her bike!?!?
PS: Get well soon! Smile
stackman17
11/19/2011 10:02am Edited Date/Time 11/19/2011 10:03am
Photobucket" class="img-fluid" />Photobucket[/img [img]Photobucket" class="img-fluid" />

I feel your pain, brother. The photo in avatar was from the Dallas SX shortly after my wreck. Handicapped parking and a hoveround!
JB_7
11/19/2011 4:25pm
Damn dude. how long till you are all healed?

Post a reply to: Last ride of the year ended in lots of pain!

The Latest