Last 3 SX tracks...

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
4/10/2017 2:16pm
nrosso391, do you not see how much you're contradicting yourself in this thread?
Bman_145
4/10/2017 2:19pm
Bman_145 wrote:
Just curious as to why you like the standard triple? It was cool in 86 when Bailey did it and Johnson didn't, but after that it...
Just curious as to why you like the standard triple? It was cool in 86 when Bailey did it and Johnson didn't, but after that it was a really boring part of the track. I think its a good idea that they go away. Everyone does it, creates no passing, and doesnt make the racing better. That space can be used for better obstacles, IMO.
nrosso391 wrote:
Lame. Do you even ride? It's the best part of the track. Getting airtime. Otherwise Moto wouldn't be fun.
Seriously? That's your comeback? I was trying to have a real discussion here and you try to insult me. Yes I ride. Started at 3 in '84 and never stopped. I also have 2 private tracks and a few bikes, but that doesnt really matter. We are talking about racing.

Airtime is good and all, but you get that in a long rhythm, especially when there is a quad in there. If youre only watching for airtime, then you must hate the scrub. There is freestyle you can watch. Getting airtime over a standard triple doesnt make for good racing, and that's what we want for these tracks: good racing.
zehn
4/10/2017 2:23pm
Bman_145 wrote:
Just curious as to why you like the standard triple? It was cool in 86 when Bailey did it and Johnson didn't, but after that it...
Just curious as to why you like the standard triple? It was cool in 86 when Bailey did it and Johnson didn't, but after that it was a really boring part of the track. I think its a good idea that they go away. Everyone does it, creates no passing, and doesnt make the racing better. That space can be used for better obstacles, IMO.
nrosso391 wrote:
Lame. Do you even ride? It's the best part of the track. Getting airtime. Otherwise Moto wouldn't be fun.
Bman_145 wrote:
Seriously? That's your comeback? I was trying to have a real discussion here and you try to insult me. Yes I ride. Started at 3 in...
Seriously? That's your comeback? I was trying to have a real discussion here and you try to insult me. Yes I ride. Started at 3 in '84 and never stopped. I also have 2 private tracks and a few bikes, but that doesnt really matter. We are talking about racing.

Airtime is good and all, but you get that in a long rhythm, especially when there is a quad in there. If youre only watching for airtime, then you must hate the scrub. There is freestyle you can watch. Getting airtime over a standard triple doesnt make for good racing, and that's what we want for these tracks: good racing.
Bro he just got you hook, line, and sinker
4/10/2017 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2017 2:48pm
I totally agree that the tracks are cookie cutter! I don't think dirt werks is to blame but more likely feld.. I am so tired of seeing the double dragons backs for one. What ever happened to hip jumps? You know, either a table or double, set within a corner, So the rider is taking off at the entrance to the corner and (depending on technique) is landing on the exit of the corner. I wish I remember what SX it was but RV was flat amazing at a race where there was a series of normal jumps followed by a hip jump double through the corner and more jumps that followed, and it was cool watching them maneuver those jumps.Houston, back in the '80's and early '90's always had a huge hump jump, it usually had a name, but that was cool. I would love to see Guy Cooper and someone like McGrath design some tacks. However, just like with other sports, the decision makers want parity in Supercross because they think that's what the fans want. So to artificially create parity, Feld wants cookie cutter tracks where sections can be juggled from track to track but the riders know what to practice, the 80 foot triple, double dragons backs, the on off tables, which nearly every track has. Thus 15 riders are usually within 1.5 seconds of each other in lap times.

The Shop

aeffertz
4/10/2017 4:30pm
Why is it always that the person to quickly call others dumbasses turns out to be the ones wearing the dunce cap?

"That jump is not considered a triple because it's a finish line jump!" What the hell kind of logic is that?
4/10/2017 4:59pm
nrosso391 wrote:
I have literally 100's of track designs on graph paper I used to make as a kid. I have like 6 notebooks FULL of different tracks...
I have literally 100's of track designs on graph paper I used to make as a kid. I have like 6 notebooks FULL of different tracks. Not 1 of my tracks have the same design and never the same section twice.
OP designing tracks.

51xc
4/10/2017 5:34pm
this is supposed to be racing, not a stunt show.
Radman66
4/10/2017 6:15pm
Last year, the points lead was too big so you all complained about a points format change. This year... Points are tied with 3 races to go and now you complain about the track designs? Sound like a bunch of whiny old hags. Just enjoy the racing and quit complaining
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/10/2017 6:25pm
nrosso391 wrote:
I have literally 100's of track designs on graph paper I used to make as a kid. I have like 6 notebooks FULL of different tracks...
I have literally 100's of track designs on graph paper I used to make as a kid. I have like 6 notebooks FULL of different tracks. Not 1 of my tracks have the same design and never the same section twice.
When you are done with your crayons drawing your tracks I bet you get down to the serious business.

JW381
4/10/2017 8:17pm
huck wrote:
Hey dumbass.... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/10/187062/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_04_10_at_3.39.36_PM.jpg[/img]
Hey dumbass....

nrosso391 wrote:
hey dumbass look at the height and size that's about a 40 ft long section. compare it to the finish line jump. not even close,
dirtnasty wrote:
what is that a triple for ants? [img]https://cdn.meme.am/images/600x600/5029296/zoolander-for-ants.jpg[/img]
what is that a triple for ants?

It should be at least twice as big
canciaro
4/11/2017 6:42am
Why in the world would you be angry about having no Triples at a race? With the horsepower of modern day bikes its basically a wasted obstacle, I would rather see more smaller jumps in order to give a rhythm section more jumps and opportunities for different ways to jump through a section and promote passing.

Yes the NJ round is basically a copy cat of prior years and I think personally is a waste of floor space, but you cant complain about Las Vegas that is a consistent feature of a LV Supercross, straightaways, leaving the stadium, a ski jump, etc.

Personally I like it when some tracks on the tour have consistent special features like Las Vegas with the leaving the stadium and higher speeds, Daytona being outdoors and rough, Detroit with the going up into the stands (even though this year was weak), Glendale (super long start straight).
TDeath21
4/11/2017 7:15am
I was noticing the same thing with all the MX tracks. It's nearly the exact same thing every year. Not sure what the deal is there.
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
4/13/2017 7:13am Edited Date/Time 4/13/2017 7:37am
zehn wrote:
Anybody have the layout blueprints?
-
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
4/13/2017 7:36am
Alright come on guys. Okay, no more name calling and bullshit. Just look at the size comparison. That's not a 2nd TRIPLE at the top of the picture. Its no where near the same height, the take off is too small, the landing isn't long enough to be a TRIPLE landing. Its just 3 singles, not an official TRIPLE. I don't know how much dumber and childish I can sound about this issue that I shouldn't have to bring up.

zacksavchuk
Fantasy
2369th
4/13/2017 7:39am
nrosso391 wrote:
TRIPLE, like a 65 ft triple, not in the rhythm sections. dumb@$$
huck wrote:
Hey dumbass.... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/04/10/187062/s1200_Screen_Shot_2017_04_10_at_3.39.36_PM.jpg[/img]
Hey dumbass....

nrosso391 wrote:
hey dumbass look at the height and size that's about a 40 ft long section. compare it to the finish line jump. not even close,
how can you say its "about 40 foot" when its only a picture of a jump?
nrosso391
Fantasy
2824th
4/13/2017 8:08am
You guy's don't get it. That's fine.
F.B
4/13/2017 8:59am
I'm seeing double at the Triple rock, we're still here watching Paddy talk.
Samuel
4/13/2017 9:03am
A triple is one of the easiest obstacles on the track that any dumbshit with a pair of balls could do. Really doesn't take much skill, just sack up and hold the throttle. The pros don't even have to think about it. For them it's probably about as hard as getting out of first gear is for you.
Sparkey
4/13/2017 9:49am
TripleFive wrote:
[img]https://bk-apac-prd.s3.amazonaws.com/sites/burgerking.co.nz/files/BK_Triple-Cheese-burger_detail.png[/img]
Dam, now I'm hungry Smile
4/13/2017 3:15pm
Calling people dumbasses but seems to think how big the jumps are in the animated track map is a sure fire way to know how big they will be in real life. Ok.
zehn
4/13/2017 4:32pm
nrosso391 wrote:
Alright come on guys. Okay, no more name calling and bullshit. Just look at the size comparison. That's not a 2nd TRIPLE at the top of...
Alright come on guys. Okay, no more name calling and bullshit. Just look at the size comparison. That's not a 2nd TRIPLE at the top of the picture. Its no where near the same height, the take off is too small, the landing isn't long enough to be a TRIPLE landing. Its just 3 singles, not an official TRIPLE. I don't know how much dumber and childish I can sound about this issue that I shouldn't have to bring up.

That's just a computer rendering of a 2-D blueprint. Trying to judge much from this image isn't really a good idea
ga_pike
4/13/2017 4:45pm
Maybe they should put 3 walls in a row... how's that for a triple?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/13/2017 5:28pm
I'm a dumb@ss, just wanted to be the first one on here to call myself a dumbass.

On a side note, I personally like tighter more technical tracks with more jumping options and ways of attacking sections. And to Samuel's point above, triples are super easy for Pros, its actually a chance for them to take a break and breath (while +90% of the other dirt bike riders in the world hold their breath and grip the piss out of the bars over triples). Less triples = less time to relax = more work, which brings fitness more as a factor. But hey, I like to watch Arenacross. In fact, if its racing on 2 wheels and dirt, I watch it and don't care. It's all good by me.

Post a reply to: Last 3 SX tracks...

The Latest