Las Vegas SX press conference

F.B
5/6/2017 7:40am
gifs website
pilotdude
5/6/2017 7:43am
RandyS wrote:
I say Tomac just added another year to Dungeys career. He's not going to walk away, he's going to bust ass and come back to destroy...
I say Tomac just added another year to Dungeys career. He's not going to walk away, he's going to bust ass and come back to destroy Tomac next year.
akmx17 wrote:
I doubt Dungey gives two fucks what Tomac says. And he has earned every right not too. This is coming from a big Tomac fan boy...
I doubt Dungey gives two fucks what Tomac says.
And he has earned every right not too.

This is coming from a big Tomac fan boy and how we won 10 to Dungeys 3* races and its clear who the champ is.

Let the man retire, become a Dad and have a hot wife. I hope in 6 years I get to say the same about Tomac.

However, I dont think it was childish at all what Tomac said, he spoke what he thought. What a lot of people think. Dungeys biggest complaint is he is a robot, so Tomac is the oppisite here. Personality, realness.

Me, I have no issue with Marvin pulling over, KTM pays a lot of money for TEAM KTM and they have every right to do what they did, but if by some gods miracle Dungey only wins by 3 points, Tomac had a point even if KTM did was okay, which it was.
Well then you have no issue with Marvin and KTM blatantly breaking the written rules of the sport, which is why they had to tell a bald-faced LIE about what they did.

It was not "OK." It was allowed to slide by a weak race director with a track record for enforcing the rules inconsistently at best.
ganny
5/6/2017 7:43am
marx41 wrote:
I don't buy Ryan being able to pass Marvin without some help last week. From lap 11-21, Marvin's average lap was 54.65, worst being 56.009, which...
I don't buy Ryan being able to pass Marvin without some help last week. From lap 11-21, Marvin's average lap was 54.65, worst being 56.009, which came on the lap right after he ran a 54.229. Maybe he made a mistake that lap, I don't remember, but other than that his worst for those laps was a 55.332. Dungey's average for the same span of laps was 54.9, with his worst being 55.993.

Then on lap 22, right after running a 55.02, Marvin runs a 56.007, 55.888, and a 59.188 to finish out the race. Even if you want to look at laps 19-21, Marvin's laps 54.04, 54.655, and 55.02 for a 54.57 average. So he followed those up with 3 laps where the best he could muster up was a 55.888? That's a tough sell.

Thanks for the data and analysis, but doesn't the data also show Ryan's average lap time over the last 3 laps going up in a similar trajectory? How does that factor into your analysis?
Hut
5/6/2017 7:48am
Triton wrote:
Question: “Eli were you aware what was going on up front.. Marvin had the lead until the very end of the race….” Eli: “I mean after...
Question: “Eli were you aware what was going on up front.. Marvin had the lead until the very end of the race….”

Eli: “I mean after the fact I knew about it.. that was tough to see also… if the championship comes down to those 3 points… that’s a bummer… a bummer for everyone… umm…. But… hey.. if you wanna take it.. take that home.. and sleep on that at night knowing that someone pulled over for ya.. then it is what it is..”
I agree, I don't care what anyone else thinks, getting handed a win is like kissing your sister.

The Shop

daemon616
5/6/2017 7:53am
I'm pissed cause I called Marv for the win before the race. I feel I was right and was robbed!
DoctorJD
5/6/2017 7:59am
RandyS wrote:
I say Tomac just added another year to Dungeys career. He's not going to walk away, he's going to bust ass and come back to destroy...
I say Tomac just added another year to Dungeys career. He's not going to walk away, he's going to bust ass and come back to destroy Tomac next year.
akmx17 wrote:
I doubt Dungey gives two fucks what Tomac says. And he has earned every right not too. This is coming from a big Tomac fan boy...
I doubt Dungey gives two fucks what Tomac says.
And he has earned every right not too.

This is coming from a big Tomac fan boy and how we won 10 to Dungeys 3* races and its clear who the champ is.

Let the man retire, become a Dad and have a hot wife. I hope in 6 years I get to say the same about Tomac.

However, I dont think it was childish at all what Tomac said, he spoke what he thought. What a lot of people think. Dungeys biggest complaint is he is a robot, so Tomac is the oppisite here. Personality, realness.

Me, I have no issue with Marvin pulling over, KTM pays a lot of money for TEAM KTM and they have every right to do what they did, but if by some gods miracle Dungey only wins by 3 points, Tomac had a point even if KTM did was okay, which it was.
pilotdude wrote:
Well then you have no issue with Marvin and KTM blatantly breaking the written rules of the sport, which is why they had to tell a...
Well then you have no issue with Marvin and KTM blatantly breaking the written rules of the sport, which is why they had to tell a bald-faced LIE about what they did.

It was not "OK." It was allowed to slide by a weak race director with a track record for enforcing the rules inconsistently at best.
How the fk could you prove it did it on purpose? Damn guys, you're letting your emotions override your common sense. There is no way in hell you could prove what Marvin's intentions were. Did he do it? Probably so. If the roles were reversed, and Grant was leading and ET was 3 points back, you are a damned fool if you don't think Kawi would have done the same thing. Grow the fk up.
Hut
5/6/2017 8:00am
MxKing809 wrote:
Tomac is a little cunt. MxDN vs Roczen? Threw it away 2015 Nationals? Threw it away 2017 SX? Threw it away...... I used to be a...
Tomac is a little cunt.

MxDN vs Roczen? Threw it away
2015 Nationals? Threw it away
2017 SX? Threw it away......

I used to be a fan of his, and I was rooting for him to run down Dunge and make the points close.... but I will be disappointed if Ryan doesn't win this now.

I hope RD's podium speach goes like this....

"I'd really like to thank everyone involved in this championship. Red Bull KTM for helping me get through every round without a mechanical issue, and making sure my bike was dialed the way I wanted it at round one so I could earn points early while others struggled. Secondly, my trainer Aldon. Making sure I was fit early in the season to not suffer arm pump and loose valuable points, and mentally tough to make sure I didn't make costly mental errors when I was the sole points leader."
Can't tell if this is sarcasm?
TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
5/6/2017 8:01am
Triton wrote:
Question: “Eli were you aware what was going on up front.. Marvin had the lead until the very end of the race….” Eli: “I mean after...
Question: “Eli were you aware what was going on up front.. Marvin had the lead until the very end of the race….”

Eli: “I mean after the fact I knew about it.. that was tough to see also… if the championship comes down to those 3 points… that’s a bummer… a bummer for everyone… umm…. But… hey.. if you wanna take it.. take that home.. and sleep on that at night knowing that someone pulled over for ya.. then it is what it is..”
Hut wrote:
I agree, I don't care what anyone else thinks, getting handed a win is like kissing your sister.
step sister....maybe
Hut
5/6/2017 8:05am
DoctorJD wrote:
How the fk could you prove it did it on purpose? Damn guys, you're letting your emotions override your common sense. There is no way in...
How the fk could you prove it did it on purpose? Damn guys, you're letting your emotions override your common sense. There is no way in hell you could prove what Marvin's intentions were. Did he do it? Probably so. If the roles were reversed, and Grant was leading and ET was 3 points back, you are a damned fool if you don't think Kawi would have done the same thing. Grow the fk up.
Anyone with eyeballs and half a brain could see he intentionally pulled over. I wouldn't be surprised that any factory team would have done the same. Doesn't mean we have to think it's the right thing to do.
Opinions are like assholes, we all got one...
NeKawBoy
5/6/2017 8:07am
So are we just wanting pc answers and scripted speech at these press conferences? That's the only reasons we are talking about this one because it...
So are we just wanting pc answers and scripted speech at these press conferences?

That's the only reasons we are talking about this one because it had something real. Not pc bs.
Has nothing to do with a scripted press conference...has to do with passing blame in lieu of owning your mistake. If he didn't shit the bed when he got into the lead this is a non-issue.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/6/2017 8:11am
So are we just wanting pc answers and scripted speech at these press conferences? That's the only reasons we are talking about this one because it...
So are we just wanting pc answers and scripted speech at these press conferences?

That's the only reasons we are talking about this one because it had something real. Not pc bs.
Everyone says they hate hearing the same thing from the riders week in and week out. They sounds like robots...blah blah blah

We have a rider breaking that trend and speaking the truth about how he feels and everyone loses their minds. Damned if you do, damned if you don't
DoctorJD
5/6/2017 8:57am
Hut wrote:
Anyone with eyeballs and half a brain could see he intentionally pulled over. I wouldn't be surprised that any factory team would have done the same...
Anyone with eyeballs and half a brain could see he intentionally pulled over. I wouldn't be surprised that any factory team would have done the same. Doesn't mean we have to think it's the right thing to do.
Opinions are like assholes, we all got one...
No argument from me. I'm 100% sure he pulled over. The difference between me and the Kawi/Eli fanboys is that I know any other factory team would have done the same under similar circumstances. Some of these guys are letting their hatred of Dungey cloud their judgement.
KB221
5/6/2017 9:11am
ian_g438 wrote:
AGREED. I hope he realizes how childish and unprofessional that comment was lol. All Dungey did all season was blame himself for not winning. Eli pisses...
AGREED.
I hope he realizes how childish and unprofessional that comment was lol. All Dungey did all season was blame himself for not winning. Eli pisses away this championship at 5 different races with finishes outside the top 5 and he wants to blame a 3 point swing for losing? Pathetic
Where are you getting that from?

When I watched he said he made multiple mistakes and couldn't get it done. He also said Marv pulled over and it would be a bummer IF Dunge won cause of it.

I thought it was mature and professional, its just the facts. I don't understand all the hate for the guy.

5/6/2017 9:15am
Were a lot of people throwing a fit back when Webb pulled over for Martin?
Hut
5/6/2017 9:17am
KB221 wrote:
Where are you getting that from? When I watched he said he made multiple mistakes and couldn't get it done. He also said Marv pulled over...
Where are you getting that from?

When I watched he said he made multiple mistakes and couldn't get it done. He also said Marv pulled over and it would be a bummer IF Dunge won cause of it.

I thought it was mature and professional, its just the facts. I don't understand all the hate for the guy.

Just fan boys doing there thing...lol
MudPup545
5/6/2017 9:39am
Were a lot of people throwing a fit back when Webb pulled over for Martin?
Or Weimer moving out of Tomacs way?
tickleme20
5/6/2017 10:12am
Dizzy I don't think ET was making excuses for his own specific performance that night with those remarks. The incident between RD & MM was 1. Shady 2. Most definitely contributes to the overall points distribution and 3. Makes it that much harder for ET to clinch the #1. It *does* add an extra layer of stink to the championship race, no matter whose "side" you're on. Nobody has been caught giving such obvious "assistance" to Eli. He is perfectly within his rights to say what he did.
Phantom 661
5/6/2017 10:43am
When Eli was asked if he knew what was going on up front between Ryan and Marvin, Eli responds by saying.... Yeah, after the fact I heard about it and it's a bummer. Then goes on to say he would wonder how Ryan can sleep at night if the championship is won by 3 points or less ect ect.

Well of course Eli didn't know what the front runners last week were doing and had to be told after the race. How could he know? He was over 49+ seconds behind the leader! If Eli looses the championship it should be his own performance during the race causing himself a bad night or two of sleep. His team member would have done the same for him that Marvin did for Ryan and Eli would sleep very well I'm sure.
So buck up Eli and good luck to both you and Ryan in Vegas tonight!!

5/6/2017 10:48am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Everyone says they hate hearing the same thing from the riders week in and week out. They sounds like robots...blah blah blah We have a rider...
Everyone says they hate hearing the same thing from the riders week in and week out. They sounds like robots...blah blah blah

We have a rider breaking that trend and speaking the truth about how he feels and everyone loses their minds. Damned if you do, damned if you don't
This. People were all pissed that Marvin and KTM lied about the team tactics but now when Eli's asked a question and answers it honestly all hell breaks loose again?
burnside
5/6/2017 11:01am
Is the only real answer I've heard at these pressers all year. haha
How you dorks find issue with his honesty is beyond me.
burnside
5/6/2017 11:16am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Everyone says they hate hearing the same thing from the riders week in and week out. They sounds like robots...blah blah blah We have a rider...

This. People were all pissed that Marvin and KTM lied about the team tactics but now when Eli's asked a question and answers it honestly all...
This. People were all pissed that Marvin and KTM lied about the team tactics but now when Eli's asked a question and answers it honestly all hell breaks loose again?
Tough (and pathetic) crowd...

They should look up some of Senna's press conference highlights if they're butt hurt over Tomac's mild comment..

Post a reply to: Las Vegas SX press conference

The Latest