Las Vegas News Conference Cooper Webb Lies LMAO...

h&m_cycle
Edited Date/Time 5/12/2016 8:39pm
Why? We're going to find out soon enough... The dude is one hell of a rider who backs up his words on the track...
He needs to get into politics after his racing career is over... LMAO....

Didn't one of the members here say that the sport's so secret it's a wonder they let us watch it?...

I read Steve Matthes Column on Racer X that's how I knew to look for it...

edit: Here's a quote from Mr. Matthes,..... {Cooper Webb came into the race with an injured wrist (although he strangely denied this at the press conference}...

Go Forward To Cooper Webb At The 34:30 Mark of the Interview...

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Las-Vegas-Press-Conferenc…
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/11/2016 1:09pm
We can ask the questions. Whether we get a legit answer is up to the rider/team/sponsor.
5/11/2016 1:51pm
Did he think no one would find out? I just dont see the point of keeping it secret.
h&m_cycle
5/11/2016 2:11pm
Kx125rider wrote:
Did he think no one would find out? I just dont see the point of keeping it secret.
Hey man... check this out, this is the riding part of the press conference... Most of the riders are hauling pretty good
and Cooper's rolling everything... I would be to...

https://youtu.be/x0dUqw5LCaA
hvaughn88
5/11/2016 2:18pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2016 2:19pm
It's a weird, weird sport, this dirtscooter racin'

The Shop

RG1
5/11/2016 2:21pm
I just don't understand why everything has to be so secretive in this sport.
huck
5/11/2016 2:24pm
Who really cares if he's hurt and lies about it? At the end of the day, does it have any baring on your life?
peelout
5/11/2016 2:36pm
huck wrote:
Who really cares if he's hurt and lies about it? At the end of the day, does it have any baring on your life?
sounds like he's sitting out a portion of the nationals so why not just say, "yeah, my wrist is fucked up but i'm racing tonight because Vegas is cool as crap"
downard254
5/11/2016 3:01pm
Um, NO, I didn't take a huge dump this morning. Next question?
hvaughn88
5/11/2016 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2016 3:03pm
huck wrote:
Well let's be honest, none of this racing stuff affects our lives whatsoever, aside from a small percentage of people on here.
Old-Man
5/11/2016 3:57pm
huck wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Well let's be honest, none of this racing stuff affects our lives whatsoever, aside from a small percentage of people on here.
C'Mon now....If I was planning a trip to the Cali Nats and then find out my fav rider/riders was down and out I would give it another think to replan to a National that said rider was going to be there.......NO?

Bet a lot of Stewart fans did the same this SX season
hvaughn88
5/11/2016 4:11pm
huck wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
C'Mon now....If I was planning a trip to the Cali Nats and then find out my fav rider/riders was down and out I would give it...
C'Mon now....If I was planning a trip to the Cali Nats and then find out my fav rider/riders was down and out I would give it another think to replan to a National that said rider was going to be there.......NO?

That's a fair point.
Motoxdoc
5/11/2016 4:15pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Why? We're going to find out soon enough... The dude is one hell of a rider who backs up his words on the track... He needs...
Why? We're going to find out soon enough... The dude is one hell of a rider who backs up his words on the track...
He needs to get into politics after his racing career is over... LMAO....

Didn't one of the members here say that the sport's so secret it's a wonder they let us watch it?...

I read Steve Matthes Column on Racer X that's how I knew to look for it...

edit: Here's a quote from Mr. Matthes,..... {Cooper Webb came into the race with an injured wrist (although he strangely denied this at the press conference}...

Go Forward To Cooper Webb At The 34:30 Mark of the Interview...

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Las-Vegas-Press-Conferenc…
Laughing your ass off seems like a strange response to Webb's interview....weather he lied or not.
newmann
5/11/2016 4:25pm
Bad things happens in this sport if you give out your secrets. Mike Alessi let out that he had knee surgery, Josh Grant immediately took aim at Alessi's knee screwing his season and Josh's mom cleaned out his bank account. See how that works....secrets man, keep them.
h&m_cycle
5/11/2016 4:32pm Edited Date/Time 5/11/2016 4:35pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Laughing your ass off seems like a strange response to Webb's interview....weather he lied or not.
Why? It's great how he pushed the microphone away and said "you must be thinking of some other rider"...
funny stuff"...

500guy
5/11/2016 4:39pm
Stewart preparing for Nationals , RV racing Nationals, those are some real big lies told too,
why is Web the solo target here?

point being is there is a long list of bigger lies told.
Katoomey
5/11/2016 4:57pm
huck wrote:
hvaughn88 wrote:
Old-Man wrote:
C'Mon now....If I was planning a trip to the Cali Nats and then find out my fav rider/riders was down and out I would give it...

Wow! I just dont understand fanboyism.

Do you even like motocross, or do you just crush on athletic guys who ride motorcycles?
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
5/11/2016 4:57pm
newmann wrote:
Bad things happens in this sport if you give out your secrets. Mike Alessi let out that he had knee surgery, Josh Grant immediately took aim...
Bad things happens in this sport if you give out your secrets. Mike Alessi let out that he had knee surgery, Josh Grant immediately took aim at Alessi's knee screwing his season and Josh's mom cleaned out his bank account. See how that works....secrets man, keep them.
The Universe at work !
Katoomey
5/11/2016 5:06pm
huck wrote:
Who cares if people care? At the end of the day, does it have any baring on your life?

Jimmy_Sloan
5/11/2016 5:34pm
Maybe he didn't want other riders gunning for him on the track. Who knows and who cares? It's not like none of you have ever told a lie. Why make it an issue when a rider does it?
h&m_cycle
5/11/2016 5:38pm
huck wrote:
If Legal Gambling is involved, is it the general public's business?...

When Manny Pacquiao didn't disclose his should injury before the fight last year was it the public's business?
Old-Man
5/11/2016 7:55pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Old-Man wrote:

Katoomey wrote:
Wow! I just dont understand fanboyism.

Do you even like motocross, or do you just crush on athletic guys who ride motorcycles?
Says hero with VitalMX avatar

You ever had any kids that played sports?
Same thing Hero. if my kid isn't going to be there i'm not.

Happy your a fan but to call someone out because they like more than one rider is a bit of a stretch.
Not everyone on Vital sat on the sidelines all their life, some of us actually raced and were pretty good at it. So we see the same in the riders we follow.

bents
Fantasy
909th
5/11/2016 7:58pm
When will James announce he won't race the outdoors? The day of? Week of?
Old-Man
5/11/2016 8:01pm

All your posts consist of asking a question without wanting an answer...more for trying to put the poster down...

Pure Ass-hole!
hvaughn88
5/11/2016 8:08pm
Whoa, this cranked up to eleven pretty quick
jemcee
5/11/2016 10:01pm
RG1 wrote:
I believe it has to do with the fact that if someone knows about your injury it will give them added confidence..
Let's say Webb says yep my wrist is broken then comes the first round of the nationals others will be thinking 'I've just gotta push him he's got that injury, if I make him ride harder for longer he'll tire and I'll get by'.. Where if he denies it they may think 'Oh Webb is on it he's so fit I'll just settle in' (thoughts may not be accurate haha)
Calihusky
5/11/2016 10:22pm
In this case I actually get why Cooper would keep it secret. If Savatgy thought Webb was 100% and only needed a 14th or whatever to win then you can bet he's focusing on outdoors starting weeks ago. If he knows Webb is hurt and will struggle to stay in 12th place then you can bet Savatgy is going all out practicing supercross every week leading up to this. Of course the injury was a badly kept secret but I can see why Webb would at least try to keep Savatgy guessing.
RG1
5/12/2016 2:46am
RG1 wrote:
jemcee wrote:
I believe it has to do with the fact that if someone knows about your injury it will give them added confidence.. Let's say Webb says...
I believe it has to do with the fact that if someone knows about your injury it will give them added confidence..
Let's say Webb says yep my wrist is broken then comes the first round of the nationals others will be thinking 'I've just gotta push him he's got that injury, if I make him ride harder for longer he'll tire and I'll get by'.. Where if he denies it they may think 'Oh Webb is on it he's so fit I'll just settle in' (thoughts may not be accurate haha)
I can understand that, but in this case it was pretty public knowledge. Matthes said on the pulp show this week that he actually found out from a rival team, so it's not like they don't know. Matthes was also saying that Webb and his people were trying to keep it hushed about what gear company he has signed with for next season. But he's staying with Thor, so again that doesn't make any sense to me
huck
5/12/2016 6:05am
huck wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
If [b]Legal Gambling[/b] is involved, is it the general public's business?... When Manny Pacquiao didn't disclose his should injury before the fight last year was it...

When Manny Pacquiao didn't disclose his should injury before the fight last year was it the public's business?
Comparing Cooper Webb and MX to Manny Pacquiao? Brilliant!
JackLHyde
5/12/2016 6:09am
I just listened to the latest PulpMX episode with Webb as a guest and his manfriend in studio. I'm sorry, it was a let-down on Matthes part. You can't accuse someone of lying, but act like everything is fine when you talk to him. On top of that complaining of the douchiness of the industry raegarding this. What a double-standard.
Dezerted
5/12/2016 7:15am
huck wrote:
h&m_cycle wrote:
If [b]Legal Gambling[/b] is involved, is it the general public's business?... When Manny Pacquiao didn't disclose his should injury before the fight last year was it...

huck wrote:
Comparing Cooper Webb and MX to Manny Pacquiao? Brilliant!
We are not allowed to compare professional mx racing to any other professional sport! Cool

We can whine about whining! Got it

We can be pussys when riders are criticized but we are against pussyfication! Brilliant

Post a reply to: Las Vegas News Conference Cooper Webb Lies LMAO...

The Latest