Lappers...the new scourge of the sport...

BobbyM
2/14/2012 8:36am Edited Date/Time 2/15/2012 8:04am
What in the wide, wide world of sports is goin' on here?

so RV and all the other front runners have trouble passing some lappers...the same guys they blow right past any other time. who's the fuck's humping who here?

it is simply an excuse...maybe a valid one but still an excuse.

i don't know...not sure if i want to make excuses while on film or recorder. just looks kinda.....well worse than the guy not making excuses while being interviewed. Wink
|
Lightning78
2/14/2012 8:38am
and WHO WAS that lapper causiing all the problems and discussion?????????? I think you may know who he is Wink
lucero10x
2/14/2012 8:40am
and WHO WAS that lapper causiing all the problems and discussion?????????? I think you may know who he is Wink
there were a few, besides the 800, in this instance.
YAKMX
2/14/2012 8:55am
What do they expect with short lap times? I thought it was up to you to pass the person in front of you. Are they just expecting everyone to just move over? I know the blue flags are there for a reason,but still is everyone else not supposed to race for a better position? For some moving from 14th to 13th is a big deal. Should they give up trying just so they can let a top 5 guy by?If so how is this racing?
toroP
2/14/2012 9:17am
BobbyM wrote:
[i]What in the wide, wide world of sports is goin' on here?[/i] so RV and all the other front runners have trouble passing some lappers...the same...
What in the wide, wide world of sports is goin' on here?

so RV and all the other front runners have trouble passing some lappers...the same guys they blow right past any other time. who's the fuck's humping who here?

it is simply an excuse...maybe a valid one but still an excuse.

i don't know...not sure if i want to make excuses while on film or recorder. just looks kinda.....well worse than the guy not making excuses while being interviewed. Wink
So, explain the blue flag and the rules regarding it. Wink

The Shop

newmann
2/14/2012 9:26am
Damn that Mike Alessi for using less than half the stadium floor to build a 40 second supercross track.

And damn those 19 riders Stewart has to pass everytime he falls down.
Sherwood
2/14/2012 9:28am
The rule states you need to get out of the race line when you have a chance when given the blue flag. 800 wasn't battling anyone and should've let RV and Reed around.
Sherwood
2/14/2012 9:29am
YAKMX wrote:
What do they expect with short lap times? I thought it was up to you to pass the person in front of you. Are they just...
What do they expect with short lap times? I thought it was up to you to pass the person in front of you. Are they just expecting everyone to just move over? I know the blue flags are there for a reason,but still is everyone else not supposed to race for a better position? For some moving from 14th to 13th is a big deal. Should they give up trying just so they can let a top 5 guy by?If so how is this racing?
How is moving from 14th to 13th a big deal?
BobbyM
2/14/2012 9:29am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2012 9:31am
Sherwood wrote:
The rule states you need to get out of the race line when you have a chance when given the blue flag. 800 wasn't battling anyone...
The rule states you need to get out of the race line when you have a chance when given the blue flag. 800 wasn't battling anyone and should've let RV and Reed around.
show me the race line at that race...and if mike is in the race line he should let off/slow down and let them go around?
Sherwood
2/14/2012 9:32am
Sherwood wrote:
The rule states you need to get out of the race line when you have a chance when given the blue flag. 800 wasn't battling anyone...
BobbyM wrote:
show me the race line at that race...and if mike is in the race line he should let off/slow down and let them go around?
If you can't find the race line in the 6 or so turns Mike was blocking You might want to give this sport up.
BobbyM
2/14/2012 9:32am
Sherwood wrote:
what about 11th to 10th...or 10th to 9th? fill us in racer boy
Sherwood
2/14/2012 9:34am
Sherwood wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
I'd say Kenny, Hart, and DV said it best on Pulpmx if you want a real team owner, manager, and racers perspective pool boy.
three9zero
2/14/2012 9:38am
Sherwood wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
It's hard to understand you with Mike Alessi's sweaty nuts resting on your chin.
BobbyM
2/14/2012 9:44am
Sherwood wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
three9zero wrote:
It's hard to understand you with Mike Alessi's sweaty nuts resting on your chin.
resting on my chin? hell i nibble on them like i do to yer fuglyass wifes pooter. how do you stand that by the way...smells like the bottom of an outhouse on a tuna clipper. 'Wink
dkg
2/14/2012 10:01am
Sherwood wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Got to respond to this one. Don't take this as Alessi bashing, it isn't, though personally I think at some point in the roughly 80% of a lap that he was being shown the blue flag he should have honored the blue flag. Anyway, here is my point, lets assume you have a group of riders roughly seconds a part being passed by the leaders (they can be in any position but for purposes of this discussion lets assume they are riders 11, 12, & 13), the last rider (13th position) in this hypothetical group pulls over or otherwise gets out of the race line and those at the front of the hypothetical group (riders 11 and 12) do not. As a result, the last rider is put at a disadvantage for honoring the flag and the gap widens between him (13th) and those in the front of the group (11th & 12th). Even a second or two lost for pulling over or getting out of the race line (by rider 13) when others (11 and 12) do not can make a difference in the relative finish position of those being lapped. It can also affect the race outcome for the front runners.

IMHO, we should not only focus on the effect on the leaders, but also look at the effect on the finish position of those being lapped.

With this said, I believe if there is going to be a blue flag, then it should be enforced as to all riders. If it isn't going to be enforced then get rid of the blue flag. I would be satisfied with either result. Unfortunately for fans of Alessi, he brought the issue to the front of discussion, however, it makes absolutely no difference which rider is involved.
three9zero
2/14/2012 10:06am
BobbyM wrote:
three9zero wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
resting on my chin? hell i nibble on them like i do to yer fuglyass wifes pooter. how do you stand that by the way...smells like...
resting on my chin? hell i nibble on them like i do to yer fuglyass wifes pooter. how do you stand that by the way...smells like the bottom of an outhouse on a tuna clipper. 'Wink
Leave my wife out of this. WinkWinkWink
newmann
2/14/2012 10:07am
Lappers battling for top ten positions? Sounds like a bigger issue than someone just holding their line. If someone is so damn fast that they are lapping in the top ten within a twelve minute moto, then they shouldn't have any issue making their way around and we should all be bitching about something else. Like more racing.

Heck if I was in the top ten I might be inclined to punt RV and Reed outta the way and move up to a top five podium.Wink
Cygnus
2/14/2012 10:08am
BobbyM wrote:
resting on my chin? hell i nibble on them like i do to yer fuglyass wifes pooter. how do you stand that by the way...smells like...
Har!
Sherwood
2/14/2012 10:14am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2012 10:15am
Bob should ask LB, his peter rubbing buddy what he thinks of lappers and what should be done. "Hint it has to do with basically a taxi line."
Titan1
2/14/2012 10:17am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2012 11:15am
I blame all this lapper non-sense on a 45 second lap time, and the longest most technical whoop section to date this season.

The dudes circulating in 12-20 position and getting lapped aren't an issue because they are WAY slower than the leaders and the leaders can pass them at literally any point on the track and they are used to getting lapped every week, so the routine is almost instinct to them...but when the leaders start lapping into the top 10...you are getting guys that though slower than the leaders, they aren't THAT much slower than the leaders AND are usually factory (or former factory) riders who aren't used to being lapped AND are riders that are in the points chase (Since they make every main all season)...all of that means they don't react to getting lapped the same as the much slower privateer types do, they are more difficult for the leaders to pass and are guys that honestly believe they shouldn't be getting lapped (they think they are better than that).

The solution? Not crucify the lappers...but fix the tracks! Longer lap times...less technical whoop sections. All of these things will prevent the leaders from lapping into the top 10.
njracer46
2/14/2012 10:18am
The battle for the lead is way more important then a battle for 10th or w.e ma was in. Imo he was trying to use the blue flags to catch up to the next rider. He clearly ignored the blue flag for over half a lap. You need to watch the race again if you dont think he was in the main racing line. Not like there were 5 guys all within a second of eachother
rollingtach
2/14/2012 10:23am
What is the penalty to riders that dont acknowledge the Blue Flag?
lucero10x
2/14/2012 10:27am
What is the penalty to riders that dont acknowledge the Blue Flag?
besides the public tongue lashing from commentators, racers and the interweb?
ford832
2/14/2012 11:02am Edited Date/Time 2/14/2012 11:03am
At what point in racing history did a race cease to be a race?Blue flags should go away.If you are a lap down and are deliberately trying to block to help a teamate,you should be penalized.Other than that,it's a race.If you can't get by,stay there.
roughneck
2/14/2012 11:17am
three9zero wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
three9zero wrote:
Leave my wife out of this. WinkWinkWink
I love tuna Smile
PressPassP
2/14/2012 11:51am
njracer46 wrote:
The battle for the lead is way more important then a battle for 10th or w.e ma was in. Imo he was trying to use the...
The battle for the lead is way more important then a battle for 10th or w.e ma was in. Imo he was trying to use the blue flags to catch up to the next rider. He clearly ignored the blue flag for over half a lap. You need to watch the race again if you dont think he was in the main racing line. Not like there were 5 guys all within a second of eachother
I cant buy that,every place is a race,that's why these guys are there,they are paid to get results and every place is important what would all the other team owners think if they were told they were less important than the top 4 or so? I agree that the flags were ignored for longer,tough to know how to sort the problem out,it's a lot down to judgement
njracer46
2/14/2012 12:39pm
I agree if there's a few guys all fighting over a spot in the top ten they all can't just stop without one of gaining an advantage. But in this case there was no one in front or behind ma800 that he would have been passed if he had let the leaders by.
Sherwood
2/14/2012 12:42pm
njracer46 wrote:
The battle for the lead is way more important then a battle for 10th or w.e ma was in. Imo he was trying to use the...
PressPassP wrote:
I cant buy that,every place is a race,that's why these guys are there,they are paid to get results and every place is important what would all...
I cant buy that,every place is a race,that's why these guys are there,they are paid to get results and every place is important what would all the other team owners think if they were told they were less important than the top 4 or so? I agree that the flags were ignored for longer,tough to know how to sort the problem out,it's a lot down to judgement
An extra 50 bucks and one point is more important than a championship?

I don't think many owners would argue that top 10 doesn't equal top 4.
Ing
2/14/2012 1:21pm
BobbyM wrote:
three9zero wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Classy.
kijen
2/14/2012 1:40pm
does any other racing event have a blue flag? if racing for 11th or 10th place does not mean anything, then just let the top 5 or 6 guys race and boot the other 15...being as what they are doing is meaningless....(according to some)

personally I think the blue flag sholud go away and let the riders settle it on the track... if your faster than the guy in front of you, just pass emSmile
ford832
2/14/2012 2:12pm
Most road races-car or bike,use the blue flags-unfortunately.

Post a reply to: Lappers...the new scourge of the sport...

The Latest