Lappers haven't been too bad in 450s this year

mojoman42
Edited Date/Time 2/3/2014 7:09am
And I think it's because the rest of the field has gotten a lot faster. The leaders haven't lapped into the top 10 once this year, and have barely lapped into the top 15 at most races.
|
mxlegend99
Fantasy
1305th
2/1/2014 11:43pm
When the top 5 are so hard to split, it's not surprising that the rest of the field are catching up also. Even the top 5 guys look to have trouble moving through the field. I remember not long ago guys going down in the first turn and being deadlast yet still being able to fight back to the podium. Also a race with Chad Reed and Ricky Carmichael lapping up to 3rd place.

It's great seeing the entire field so much closer, but at the same time it means that a guy with an unlucky start has next to no chance at coming away with a win. Luck is a much bigger factor then it used to be. Chad Reed got a bad start a few weeks back and barely cracked the top 10. Yet 5 years ago he would have still been on the podium saving a lot of points.
gjbruny
2/1/2014 11:57pm
i think for the most part that has been true...... but i sure as heck was yelling at my TV for albertson to get the hell out of the way for reed and roczen tonight. even after chad passed him he still didn't seem to get the hint at first.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/2/2014 12:15am
gjbruny wrote:
i think for the most part that has been true...... but i sure as heck was yelling at my TV for albertson to get the hell...
i think for the most part that has been true...... but i sure as heck was yelling at my TV for albertson to get the hell out of the way for reed and roczen tonight. even after chad passed him he still didn't seem to get the hint at first.
He didn't get the message did he, Jimmy knows better.
JBernard_401
2/2/2014 1:57am
i saw that too. but it looked like he didnt get a blue flag. he was running in what, about 14th? my guess is that he was thinking it was the guy in 15th behind him.

The Shop

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
2/2/2014 2:15am
Looked like he had just got up from getting 'Friesed'.Probably was trying his best to get away from him so it wouldn't happen again. Still, he should have looked when he jumped the triple to see who was near him
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
2/2/2014 2:17am
Head down, ass up jimmy was going for it, good on him
Squid-mom
2/2/2014 10:29am
I could not agree with you more about the depth of the 450 class this year, it is incredible. I think this is the first year in a while that the opposite is true of the lites class, several of those guys were lapped a couple of times in the main! The back markers in the LCQ looked like the C class at the local fair race. Makes me wonder what the guys that didn't make it through timed practice looked like!
mojoman42
2/2/2014 11:04am
Squid-mom wrote:
I could not agree with you more about the depth of the 450 class this year, it is incredible. I think this is the first year...
I could not agree with you more about the depth of the 450 class this year, it is incredible. I think this is the first year in a while that the opposite is true of the lites class, several of those guys were lapped a couple of times in the main! The back markers in the LCQ looked like the C class at the local fair race. Makes me wonder what the guys that didn't make it through timed practice looked like!
Yep. All the depth that we had in the 250s between 2008 to 2012 has moved up, so now we have that competition in the 450s, while the 250s are a bit bare.
2/2/2014 11:10am
I think there are more blue flags and cognizant officials holding those flags, knowing when to wave them....
Squid-mom
2/2/2014 12:22pm
I think there are more blue flags and cognizant officials holding those flags, knowing when to wave them....
That is true, but transponders tell the true story. 450 lap times (best laps) differed by less than 5 seconds, with Roczen being fastest and Blose being slowest. Guys are making the main in lites that are over 10 seconds a lap off of the leaders.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/2/2014 12:23pm
gjbruny wrote:
i think for the most part that has been true...... but i sure as heck was yelling at my TV for albertson to get the hell...
Did it help?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/2/2014 12:24pm
I think it's the same as it's always been.
The Rock
2/2/2014 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2014 9:03pm
Squid-mom wrote:
That is true, but transponders tell the true story. 450 lap times (best laps) differed by less than 5 seconds, with Roczen being fastest and Blose...
That is true, but transponders tell the true story. 450 lap times (best laps) differed by less than 5 seconds, with Roczen being fastest and Blose being slowest. Guys are making the main in lites that are over 10 seconds a lap off of the leaders.
Ten second off the leaders lap times? wow. Maybe the guys that are ten seconds would be better suited for 125s. .....no disrespect intended but how does an up and comer debut in a class with the PC, Geico, KTM, etc teams going WFO with experienced riders for the most part?

EDIT they retired the lites name a few years ago thankfully.
C.Worthy
2/2/2014 9:21pm
i saw that too. but it looked like he didnt get a blue flag. he was running in what, about 14th? my guess is that he...
i saw that too. but it looked like he didnt get a blue flag. he was running in what, about 14th? my guess is that he was thinking it was the guy in 15th behind him.
Correct. In the post race pulpmx interview Jimmy said since Friese cleaned both of them out and they got up off the ground at the same time he thought it was Friese behind him trying to pass him again and didn't realize it was Reed. Sounds like an honest mistake.
mauimotox99
2/3/2014 2:06am
lol yea jimmy didnt get a blue flag it was yellow, the offical shoulda been waiving both flags, when reedy parked him/nearly punted him he cought on and got outta roczens way
kongols
2/3/2014 2:20am
gjbruny wrote:
Jimmy didn`t get the memo that it`s not 2013 anymore and Chad has found his nutsack .
TMV
2/3/2014 2:33am
lol yea jimmy didnt get a blue flag it was yellow, the offical shoulda been waiving both flags, when reedy parked him/nearly punted him he cought...
lol yea jimmy didnt get a blue flag it was yellow, the offical shoulda been waiving both flags, when reedy parked him/nearly punted him he cought on and got outta roczens way
He didn't even get the yellow flag. The yellow flag was for Reed and Roczen cause Alberston and Friese were down. The first blue flag he could have seen was a few turns later, after Reed passed him...
jmx411
2/3/2014 6:26am
Squid-mom wrote:
I could not agree with you more about the depth of the 450 class this year, it is incredible. I think this is the first year...
mojoman42 wrote:
Yep. All the depth that we had in the 250s between 2008 to 2012 has moved up, so now we have that competition in the 450s...
Yep. All the depth that we had in the 250s between 2008 to 2012 has moved up, so now we have that competition in the 450s, while the 250s are a bit bare.
Thats one thing I have been worrying about. The talent in the 250s right now is pretty bad after the top 3 or 4 guys. I guess the recession hurt some of the upcoming talent
IWreckALot
2/3/2014 7:09am
Squid-mom wrote:
That is true, but transponders tell the true story. 450 lap times (best laps) differed by less than 5 seconds, with Roczen being fastest and Blose...
The lap times this year have all been in the mid 50's and A3 was over a minute. So combine closer competition with longer laps and you get fewer lappers in the race.

It seemed REALLY fast how Dungey dropped from 4th or 5th to 20th. It seemed like he was at the bottom of the list in about :20. It seemed like the whole class was running a freight train around the track.

Post a reply to: Lappers haven't been too bad in 450s this year

The Latest