Langston out of a ride???

Nikhil
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:35am
http://motocross.transworld.net/1000096236/news/team-j-law-closes-its-d…

What a bummer for GL... The guy just can't catch a break.
|
gt80rider
5/26/2010 12:04am
is it so bad to race on a practice bike as long as it's mechanically sound? if it's beat to death obviously it's a safety issue... wouldn't it be bigger news if he put a practice bike on the podium??
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/26/2010 12:07am
Hmm...Grant's been getting a fair amount of help directly from Yamaha recently...hopefully that continues, or he can get embedded with another blue team.
DanDunes818
5/26/2010 12:09am
Yeah that's too bad. He had to have seen it coming though. Also how many times have we heard in the last year that GL was working on a new title sponsor only to hear it fell through?? Seems brutal that someone like GL that is such a good guy and a good rep for any sponsor gets jerked around so much. I really hope he gets something put together for the remainder of the outdoor season.

One other thing and I hate to even bring this guy up for fear of high jacking the thread but I got to say this. This one more life lesson for Jlaw. You never know how many people you can effect adversely with your bad decisions. Grant was in a bad spot. He had to count on JLaw to put forth a real effort and perform up to his abilities to keep his ride. Not a good spot to be in. Jason needs to realize(especially when you have people other than yourself counting on you) that he not only fucked himself but he fcked everyone that was working hard to get a job done. Now there's unemployed Mechanics , Grant Langston a truck driver and so on.

The Shop

swizcore
5/26/2010 12:27am
So presumably Hambone is effed too?
ASH510
5/26/2010 12:39am
suzuki needs another 450 guy
GL should talk to RD
Lightning78
5/26/2010 12:47am
Realitstically IF he wanted to ride the USGP in the 450 class it wouldn't be that hard to get a bike and deck it out with some suspension work and a little motor work at a good price with help from Mitch .....the 450's are more than competitve out of the box and a little massaging from PC for the race he could turn some heads and GET a ride.

He more than enopugh money to at least put a bike together and race a race less than an hour from his house, not that big of a deal for the USGP as for the rest of the nats that would be relatively difficult.....it is a bummer for GL but go the way Buyrne did at the begining of the SX season and do it yourself and pick up a vacant ride.

Also, doesn't Langston Motorsports build race bikes?
5/26/2010 1:28am
Yeah that's too bad. He had to have seen it coming though. Also how many times have we heard in the last year that GL was...
Yeah that's too bad. He had to have seen it coming though. Also how many times have we heard in the last year that GL was working on a new title sponsor only to hear it fell through?? Seems brutal that someone like GL that is such a good guy and a good rep for any sponsor gets jerked around so much. I really hope he gets something put together for the remainder of the outdoor season.

One other thing and I hate to even bring this guy up for fear of high jacking the thread but I got to say this. This one more life lesson for Jlaw. You never know how many people you can effect adversely with your bad decisions. Grant was in a bad spot. He had to count on JLaw to put forth a real effort and perform up to his abilities to keep his ride. Not a good spot to be in. Jason needs to realize(especially when you have people other than yourself counting on you) that he not only fucked himself but he fcked everyone that was working hard to get a job done. Now there's unemployed Mechanics , Grant Langston a truck driver and so on.
That's a great point Dan but you can look at it from another perspective though also. Grant was in a bad spot coming off some bad stuff and needed a chance to shine. Jlaw picked him up and give him a shot-only for a while-but it was a shot.
JPT
5/26/2010 2:21am
Less than a week is cutting it tight no matter what team he could line up. Too bad, he's a great rider and a class act.
5/26/2010 2:32am
I am sure he will sort something out. I don't think he is like Stewart, he is hungry to ride and will race as a full privateer if need be, with support from Langston Racing. Go Zulu!
thiel77
5/26/2010 6:40am
I too think JGR would be great fit for GL. Not only is he a hard worker with a great attitude, but with the help he has been getting from Yamaha, and the fact that Brayton is out right now.

I hope SH105 finds something too!
newmann
5/26/2010 7:17am
What the hell is wrong with the bike Grant has currently been riding? He can't use it? Buy it? He doesn't have any money to get his own bike outside of the JLaw gig? No way am I believing a Champion of his status is broke and put all of his eggs in Jason Lawrences basket. Practice bike, come on...
Sherwood
5/26/2010 7:22am
newmann wrote:
What the hell is wrong with the bike Grant has currently been riding? He can't use it? Buy it? He doesn't have any money to get...
What the hell is wrong with the bike Grant has currently been riding? He can't use it? Buy it? He doesn't have any money to get his own bike outside of the JLaw gig? No way am I believing a Champion of his status is broke and put all of his eggs in Jason Lawrences basket. Practice bike, come on...
They ain't in the business of riding, there in the business of cashing checks.
kaw23
5/26/2010 7:29am
so sick of jlaw
mx295
5/26/2010 8:08am
What about Hamblin.. Any word from him??
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
5/26/2010 8:23am
thiel77 wrote:
I too think JGR would be great fit for GL. Not only is he a hard worker with a great attitude, but with the help he...
I too think JGR would be great fit for GL. Not only is he a hard worker with a great attitude, but with the help he has been getting from Yamaha, and the fact that Brayton is out right now.

I hope SH105 finds something too!
JGR is firmly entrenched in N Carolina, and requires it's riders to be there. GL8 has his business, family, and life in So Cal. Not a likely combo for a short-term commitment, though both are class-acts.
IceMan446
5/26/2010 8:32am
A lot of people are baggin on Jlaw but you have to give the kid some credit. He didn't have many options and created one with his own money. GL had a chance to race sx because of Jlaw. If not, who knows if we would have seen GL out there at all. He sunk his own money into a team in this economy and took a shot. Some times it works out sometimes it doesn't. Results would have kept the team afloat but neither rider could produce when it was time to. Yes Jlaw is a character and brought all of this on himself but you have to admit, no other rider in the pits would have tried to start their own team.....more so start it out of a jail cell!!!
RACEGUY
5/26/2010 8:41am
Sure it'll make a good book, someday.Unsure
John Birch
5/26/2010 8:44am
RACEGUY wrote:
Sure it'll make a good book, someday.Unsure
Or a Eric Johnson story in Racer X
geo309
5/26/2010 9:38am
IceMan446 wrote:
A lot of people are baggin on Jlaw but you have to give the kid some credit. He didn't have many options and created one with...
A lot of people are baggin on Jlaw but you have to give the kid some credit. He didn't have many options and created one with his own money. GL had a chance to race sx because of Jlaw. If not, who knows if we would have seen GL out there at all. He sunk his own money into a team in this economy and took a shot. Some times it works out sometimes it doesn't. Results would have kept the team afloat but neither rider could produce when it was time to. Yes Jlaw is a character and brought all of this on himself but you have to admit, no other rider in the pits would have tried to start their own team.....more so start it out of a jail cell!!!
Totally agree on this comment. Over the past years Jason has helped riders with rides. People on this board always bash him but he has done some good. I hope him and Grant get a ride with another team and just focus on riding.
Cygnus
5/26/2010 9:46am
He needs to be sitting on the couch. To many up and comers to keep a spot for an old man.
Taylor156
5/26/2010 10:02am
Grants 27 years old but Windham is .....................................
Cygnus
5/26/2010 10:15am
Taylor156 wrote:
Grants 27 years old but Windham is .....................................
Still getting results.

Post a reply to: Langston out of a ride???

The Latest