Langston Vs Matthes

cappelmans
11/26/2020 2:19am
We need a reunion show. Weege as host/mediator. Nicoletti will bond the arguing parties together by a braided cord made of Darkside's ponytail. Somewhere in between JT will feel strongly about something.
11/26/2020 3:13am
Francis377 wrote:
You owe it to yourself but even more so to your friends and family to not race motocross with out insurance. They are the people who...
You owe it to yourself but even more so to your friends and family to not race motocross with out insurance. They are the people who will have to dig you out of the hole you made for yourself. I don’t think there’s any country in the world where insurance for accidents on a motocross track is a basic human right. You have the right to pay for it. GL may have chosen a bad moment/way to say this but he is absolutely correct. Apart from that, Whiskey Throttle is a good show and I’m sure it hits the spot for some people but they are nowhere near to Matthes’ level.
Sure, there are countries. Here in Germany e.g. you can get hurt doing whatever and your health insurance will pay.
Call me dumb or a commie, but some form of basic national health insurance is a human right.
To be honest, racing without any insurance is dumb and irresponsible towards your loved ones. So I agree with GL, but his timing was bad, no question. And hats off to Steve for raising the money.
I wish Tapia all the best for his recovery!
omalley
11/26/2020 3:37am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 3:38am
J-Wishbone wrote:
Im a fan of Pulp,dont always agree with Steves rants,but he does do fantastic podcasts. Pulp is my go to podcast Ping is equally as talented...
Im a fan of Pulp,dont always agree with Steves rants,but he does do fantastic podcasts. Pulp is my go to podcast

Ping is equally as talented as Steve at interviewing and getting the best out of his guests

Im a fan of GL as a racer,but I just cant listen to him anymore on podcasts,he interrupts the guests all the time,answering the questions himself and leaving the guest high and dry unable to answer

I tune in to hear the guests answers not GL and his experiences

Doug Henry was going to be a brilliant guest,but GL ruined it,jumping in on the questions and spoiled the whole thing.Some good questions Ping put to Doug never got answers
Reed kind of handled GL by keeping on talking over him and answering the questions Ping asked

IMO Ping could carry this show on his own and it would be vastly improved without GL

GL is a true MX champ and a good TV commentator,but as a podcast host .......not so much
100% this.

It’s almost like GL is a teenage girl who can’t stand another girl getting attention.

His racing resume is impressive, his national coverage is top-notch...but there hasn’t been one Whiskey Throttle show where I haven’t found myself wanting to yell “Shut the F... Up!!!” Multiple times to him for interrupting, nearly always with attempts to be relevant and/or to bring the spotlight back on himself.

luke11
Fantasy
2263rd
11/26/2020 3:40am
66TR66 wrote:
I am just gonna come and say it. It is in a South Africans DNA to have a chip on there shoulder and act like there...
I am just gonna come and say it.
It is in a South Africans DNA to have a chip on there shoulder and act like there the master race who do no wrong.
mxmaniac wrote:
I really like GL and Albertyne, but as far as experience with SAF's, i agreed to play golf with a couple of the arrogant pricks once...
I really like GL and Albertyne, but as far as experience with SAF's, i agreed to play golf with a couple of the arrogant pricks once and after 9 holes of him telling me how to play golf when i was much better than he was... I felt like swinging the putter through his and his mates teeth haha
I call them black cats, if you’ve got a black cat they’ve got one that’s blacker.

The Shop

Crush
11/26/2020 4:04am
Bjorn645 wrote:
Hmmm - Couple Aussies mouthing off about Saffa's on Vital. This offseason is short, but still too long apparently. There there, maybe you lot will lift...
Hmmm - Couple Aussies mouthing off about Saffa's on Vital. This offseason is short, but still too long apparently. There there, maybe you lot will lift the Webb Ellis in 2023 LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
Being cunty is not synonymous with Rugby success.

The Kiwis manage to do it AND be good blokes.
Francis377
11/26/2020 4:26am
Francis377 wrote:
You owe it to yourself but even more so to your friends and family to not race motocross with out insurance. They are the people who...
You owe it to yourself but even more so to your friends and family to not race motocross with out insurance. They are the people who will have to dig you out of the hole you made for yourself. I don’t think there’s any country in the world where insurance for accidents on a motocross track is a basic human right. You have the right to pay for it. GL may have chosen a bad moment/way to say this but he is absolutely correct. Apart from that, Whiskey Throttle is a good show and I’m sure it hits the spot for some people but they are nowhere near to Matthes’ level.
#434 wrote:
Sure, there are countries. Here in Germany e.g. you can get hurt doing whatever and your health insurance will pay. Call me dumb or a commie...
Sure, there are countries. Here in Germany e.g. you can get hurt doing whatever and your health insurance will pay.
Call me dumb or a commie, but some form of basic national health insurance is a human right.
To be honest, racing without any insurance is dumb and irresponsible towards your loved ones. So I agree with GL, but his timing was bad, no question. And hats off to Steve for raising the money.
Health insurance in Germany is not a right but an obligation. Meaning, anyone that has a monthly income of more than 450€ or is older than 25 has to pay for it. If you’re unemployed it will come off the top of your benefits. Not to get too far off topic but if you do ride motocross in Germany I would suggest you buy accident insurance because the health insurance will only the cover the absolute minimum for rescue and initially putting you back together. Nothing for any income you may lose after the accident because your unable to continue work in your learned profession.
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1076th
11/26/2020 4:37am
Crush wrote:
Being cunty is not synonymous with Rugby success.

The Kiwis manage to do it AND be good blokes.
Was more a tongue in cheek comment than anything else - but since you think Saffa's are cunty you can join the rest of your compatriots crying about us South Africans without much proof. Last I checked Aussies usually embraced being the egotistical pricks of the world - seems now you're deciding to label others as thatGrinning

If you come meet one of us in your country, we probably sacrificed a hell of a lot to be crossing paths with you. You call it a chip on a shoulder, more than likely you may have behaved or said something which either undermines us in some way, or you are acting entitled, those are the only things that'll piss a saffa off. Generally we enjoy a good reputation globally, but as with all things, reality and Vital opinion seem to be 2 different things.

GL has a valid point, but you lot cant decide if you want brutal honesty or pandering, depends on whats fasionable in the thread I guess. If you cant afford to crash, get insurance, its not rocket science. Saying that does not make him a bad person nor does it have anything to do with his Whiskey Throttle show. anyways, I'll take my chip and leave this thread to decend into whatever shit its destined for.
sandtrack315
11/26/2020 4:54am
Matthes usually reasonably and nicely states his opinion. GL thinks this is bad but takes a cheap shot at a fellow rider who was just paralyzed? Gross.
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
11/26/2020 5:31am
I had no idea Aussies and SA hate each other so much. Personally I’m a huge fan of both Binder brothers and I’ve always love Strayans, Steve Irwin was the coolest person ever IMO.

Just wierd to see. Idk.
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
11/26/2020 5:34am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 5:36am
Matthes usually reasonably and nicely states his opinion. GL thinks this is bad but takes a cheap shot at a fellow rider who was just paralyzed...
Matthes usually reasonably and nicely states his opinion. GL thinks this is bad but takes a cheap shot at a fellow rider who was just paralyzed? Gross.
I'm a huge Pulp/Matthes fan but reasonably and nicely are not how he normally states his opinions lol. He's blunt, persistent and stubborn and I'm sure he will tell you that. He calls it like he sees it and it's what I like about him and the show.

Just the other day with Christian Craig on the line he was giving someone shit for them saying CC is the guy to beat next year. He even said he had to text CC to apologize later haha.
Fast-Willy
11/26/2020 5:42am
Matthes gets butt hurt when you talk shit. If you don't believe in what he preaches & let him know it. He blocks you & tried to get me banned on Vital mx.
Crush
11/26/2020 5:49am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 5:51am
Bjorn645 wrote:
Was more a tongue in cheek comment than anything else - but since you think Saffa's are cunty you can join the rest of your compatriots...
Was more a tongue in cheek comment than anything else - but since you think Saffa's are cunty you can join the rest of your compatriots crying about us South Africans without much proof. Last I checked Aussies usually embraced being the egotistical pricks of the world - seems now you're deciding to label others as thatGrinning

If you come meet one of us in your country, we probably sacrificed a hell of a lot to be crossing paths with you. You call it a chip on a shoulder, more than likely you may have behaved or said something which either undermines us in some way, or you are acting entitled, those are the only things that'll piss a saffa off. Generally we enjoy a good reputation globally, but as with all things, reality and Vital opinion seem to be 2 different things.

GL has a valid point, but you lot cant decide if you want brutal honesty or pandering, depends on whats fasionable in the thread I guess. If you cant afford to crash, get insurance, its not rocket science. Saying that does not make him a bad person nor does it have anything to do with his Whiskey Throttle show. anyways, I'll take my chip and leave this thread to decend into whatever shit its destined for.
I said cunty. Also tongue in cheek.
sandtrack315
11/26/2020 5:55am
Matthes usually reasonably and nicely states his opinion. GL thinks this is bad but takes a cheap shot at a fellow rider who was just paralyzed...
stremme12 wrote:
I'm a huge Pulp/Matthes fan but reasonably and nicely are not how he normally states his opinions lol. He's blunt, persistent and stubborn and I'm sure...
I'm a huge Pulp/Matthes fan but reasonably and nicely are not how he normally states his opinions lol. He's blunt, persistent and stubborn and I'm sure he will tell you that. He calls it like he sees it and it's what I like about him and the show.

Just the other day with Christian Craig on the line he was giving someone shit for them saying CC is the guy to beat next year. He even said he had to text CC to apologize later haha.
Fair enough. I live in Philly, so he seems polite by our standards! He’s blunt but he’s a good dude and is always respectful. Perfect example is CC. He told the truth but tried to be nice about it.
11/26/2020 6:06am
Francis377 wrote:
#434 wrote:
Sure, there are countries. Here in Germany e.g. you can get hurt doing whatever and your health insurance will pay. Call me dumb or a commie...
Francis377 wrote:
Health insurance in Germany is not a right but an obligation. Meaning, anyone that has a monthly income of more than 450€ or is older than...
Health insurance in Germany is not a right but an obligation. Meaning, anyone that has a monthly income of more than 450€ or is older than 25 has to pay for it. If you’re unemployed it will come off the top of your benefits. Not to get too far off topic but if you do ride motocross in Germany I would suggest you buy accident insurance because the health insurance will only the cover the absolute minimum for rescue and initially putting you back together. Nothing for any income you may lose after the accident because your unable to continue work in your learned profession.
I didn't say it's a right in Germany. It's my opinion that basic health insurance is a human right.

If your unemployed the german state covers your health insurance. In general the accident insurance pays if you crash riding, it only doesn't pay if you crash racing (and it's not too expensive to upgrade that it pays there as well). At least mine does.
BobPA
11/26/2020 6:28am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 6:30am
stremme12 wrote:
I'm a huge Pulp/Matthes fan but reasonably and nicely are not how he normally states his opinions lol. He's blunt, persistent and stubborn and I'm sure...

Fair enough. I live in Philly, so he seems polite by our standards! He’s blunt but he’s a good dude and is always respectful. Perfect example...
Fair enough. I live in Philly, so he seems polite by our standards! He’s blunt but he’s a good dude and is always respectful. Perfect example is CC. He told the truth but tried to be nice about it.
Can concur. Philly is a breeding ground for assholes haha. Especially when it comes to supporting their pro sports franchises...
sandtrack315
11/26/2020 6:47am
BobPA wrote:
Can concur. Philly is a breeding ground for assholes haha. Especially when it comes to supporting their pro sports franchises...
Allen Iverson is really the only man we’ve ever not done dirty.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
11/26/2020 7:17am
Why the petty fight over views when their shows are totally different formats? I listen to pulp for current news and opinions. I listen to WT when I’m on a longer drive and want to hear about the guest they have on. I’m in no rush to listen to WT where pulp I try to listen the week it happens.

As mentioned the downside of WT is GL. Talking over guest and interrupting their stories and answers. He has gotten better but he still does it to the point of it being annoying. Also he may want to seek some help for his drinking, I’m no holy roller but you’re not 25 anymore...hopefully the tapia comments were alcohol induced and he comes out with an apology tweet
Sawfish
11/26/2020 7:24am
66TR66 wrote:
I am just gonna come and say it. It is in a South Africans DNA to have a chip on there shoulder and act like there...
I am just gonna come and say it.
It is in a South Africans DNA to have a chip on there shoulder and act like there the master race who do no wrong.
Interesting point. I can see it. Culture is culture.
Motoxdoc
11/26/2020 7:29am
I like em both, but IMO, Matthes is king of moto media, fair and balanced, "reasonable and nice"...and, in fact, 80,000,000 people think he's on the correct side of political history. I'm just sayin......
RMT
11/26/2020 7:30am
BobPA wrote:
Allen Iverson is really the only man we’ve ever not done dirty.
“We talking bout practice!” Loved that interview.
Sawfish
11/26/2020 7:33am Edited Date/Time 11/26/2020 8:47am
Ever since GL gave that interview where he talks about “smashing pussy” and it became sound drops seems like he’s been salty at Pulp.

Tony Alessi got over it.
numbers
11/26/2020 7:46am
Bjorn645 wrote:
Was more a tongue in cheek comment than anything else - but since you think Saffa's are cunty you can join the rest of your compatriots...

Crush wrote:
I said cunty. Also tongue in cheek.
This is America all cheerleaders argue and bitch about each other. Its what they do.
beamer
11/26/2020 7:49am
Insurance should be considered the very basic of safety equipment IMO especially as a professional racer. Would you ride without a helmet?
SteveUrchin
Fantasy
930th
11/26/2020 7:49am
Do you think someone who is serious about racing motocross wants to go to some socialized government run hospital? That will probably have shit doctors and surgeons when it comes to serious injury’s you would be fucked!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
11/26/2020 7:50am
So, this is like the third thread about something a motocrosser said that pissed someone off, stupid.

In case the majority of you easily offended softies don’t know this, factory riders are not robots, they have feelings, emotions, and opinions and are entitled to speak up about it.

I hate to break most of your soft hearts, but the majority of factory riders are conservative and dislike the way lefties think, while the majority of the people who report on the sport are lefties who dislike Trump. Let’s be honest, GL wasn’t far off telling Tapia he’s an idiot for not having insurance and let’s be even more honest, if he was an average Joe, you’d all think he was stupid for not having insurance. But you won’t admit it because the majority of you are to busy gargling on Mathes and his crews balls.

Here’s a thought, until you grow some thicker skin and are able to just shake your head at someone’s stupidity, unfollow them instead of acting like a scorned teenaged girl. Or should I say teenage boy, because they all seem to be weaker and softer than most teenaged girls.
11/26/2020 7:58am
UpTiTe wrote:
So, this is like the third thread about something a motocrosser said that pissed someone off, stupid. In case the majority of you easily offended softies...
So, this is like the third thread about something a motocrosser said that pissed someone off, stupid.

In case the majority of you easily offended softies don’t know this, factory riders are not robots, they have feelings, emotions, and opinions and are entitled to speak up about it.

I hate to break most of your soft hearts, but the majority of factory riders are conservative and dislike the way lefties think, while the majority of the people who report on the sport are lefties who dislike Trump. Let’s be honest, GL wasn’t far off telling Tapia he’s an idiot for not having insurance and let’s be even more honest, if he was an average Joe, you’d all think he was stupid for not having insurance. But you won’t admit it because the majority of you are to busy gargling on Mathes and his crews balls.

Here’s a thought, until you grow some thicker skin and are able to just shake your head at someone’s stupidity, unfollow them instead of acting like a scorned teenaged girl. Or should I say teenage boy, because they all seem to be weaker and softer than most teenaged girls.

Post a reply to: Langston Vs Matthes

The Latest