Langston-Bonds take out

motomike137
6/25/2014 4:03pm
nytsmaC wrote:
The difference is the remorse or lack there of, in this case, concerning the consequences of the action. I'd like to think that if I overreacted...
The difference is the remorse or lack there of, in this case, concerning the consequences of the action.

I'd like to think that if I overreacted and viciously took someone out and the result severely altered their career path and life, I'd be remorseful enough to not look back on it as a fond memory to share with friends and strangers on social media.

If the result effected their moto finish and little else, then yes it would be a different story.

I don't know Bobby Bonds , but I doubt he's interested in having beers with GL to laugh about it. Maybe he would, and if so he's a better man than me.
^^^
MelonFan123
6/25/2014 6:03pm
Seems like a racing move and neither guy held too much of a grudge. But I do agree with what others have said, it does make GL look kind of cold hearted to be posting/bragging about it on social media all these years later.

it should be noted that Grant did comment on his picture after posting it and getting responses. Someone asked if it was Mike Brown and both Brownie and Grant commented:

browniemx: Bobby bond but me and @grantlangston8 did have some great racing would not change any of it! Nice race with a champion he is
chrisbuehler
6/25/2014 10:39pm
It's too bad when any "future star" get sidetracked by injuries. Some guy's are jus brittle, some guy's just have a way of crashing "right", and some are just damn lucky. Pastrana had all those guys covered easy. Wasn't he yarding everyone at Dilla by 40sec before crashing out and adding to the concussion total. Never really got back on track after.
roby029
Fantasy
1899th
6/25/2014 11:09pm
if i was bonds id kick his ass . didnt bonds hurt his back while racing supercross. bobby did finally get in shape and made a run at the WORCS Championship on a Kawasaki which he won as a privateer beating the factory teams

The Shop

The Rock
6/26/2014 9:31am
mag23 wrote:
I think he got hurt testing, but my old timers are definitely kickin in... I don't think Bonds ever came back after the Langston crash, though...
I think he got hurt testing, but my old timers are definitely kickin in... I don't think Bonds ever came back after the Langston crash, though. By coming back, I mean show any flashes of why he got the PC ride in the first place. Langstons picture shows it pretty good... Bonds was goin elbow first into the ground. All good, what do i know? Just really bummed that anybody would tbt a picture of somebody else gettin hurt and caption it with a smart ass remark.
Well said. I try and forget my lapses in judgment instead of publicizing them. How do you think Bonds will feel about GL comment?
PBRvince
Fantasy
2055th
4/22/2020 9:34pm
roguemx wrote:
I remember Grant being so classy as to throw his half full red bull at my truck a year later because I had Bonds bike in...
I remember Grant being so classy as to throw his half full red bull at my truck a year later because I had Bonds bike in the back of my truck. A year later leaving Glen Helen, practicing before the start of outdoors in 2002. Classy fellow that GL is. Who finds humor in helping the demise of anothers career. His elbow was broke prior to this, it affected his career in the aspect of missing the rest of '01.
No way! Damn..GL tough guy
BeachMX
4/22/2020 10:15pm
I was at that race... Bonds was crazy fast... He was coming for Langston!
crowe176
4/23/2020 4:27am
Funny this thread popped up, I just watched this Gary Bailey clip today. Has some great shots of the Bonds/GL battle. They were hauling!!
https://youtu.be/37UfzJUAhHc
Dude, Lammy riding that shit box Husky. He has to be so pissed haha
Crush
4/23/2020 6:15am
Funny this thread popped up, I just watched this Gary Bailey clip today. Has some great shots of the Bonds/GL battle. They were hauling!!
https://youtu.be/37UfzJUAhHc
Gosh he has some great vids on his stream!
chadder44
4/23/2020 9:00am
I have this season on vhs at home slmewhere, I'll try and upload the crash if I can find it. I remember being pumped for how fast he was in just his second national.
RonJon
4/23/2020 9:11am
File bonds with Ben Riddle, Shane Bess, Justin Buckelew, Brian Gray, Zach Bell, etc... Very fast amateurs that could never pull it together as pros. They were both battling for an overall, I doubt Bonds would have passed up the opportunity if the roles were reversed. It was dirty but I seem to remember Langston, TP, and Brownie beating the crap out of each other that whole season. Not GLs fault Bonds never succeeded.
Brent
4/23/2020 9:18am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 9:19am
A six year old topic? Really?
newmann
4/23/2020 9:33am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 9:35am
Brent wrote:
A six year old topic? Really?
If for no other reason, just bringing Cox's douchebag comment back to the top was worth it. I can see him interviewing Bonds and making a statement like that. Bonds was a pretty big guy from what I remember.
FeetUp
4/23/2020 10:39am Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 10:46am
mx836 wrote:
I still think about that move all the time when Langston is brought up. I was and never will be much of a GL fan, because...
I still think about that move all the time when Langston is brought up. I was and never will be much of a GL fan, because of that take out.
I feel the same way about Josh Grant taking out Alessi, I was and never will be much of a JG fan, because of that take out!
45ACP
4/23/2020 11:18am
mx836 wrote:
I still think about that move all the time when Langston is brought up. I was and never will be much of a GL fan, because...
I still think about that move all the time when Langston is brought up. I was and never will be much of a GL fan, because of that take out.
FeetUp wrote:
I feel the same way about Josh Grant taking out Alessi, I was and never will be much of a JG fan, because of that take...
I feel the same way about Josh Grant taking out Alessi, I was and never will be much of a JG fan, because of that take out!
I'm not a Grant fan either, but Alessi deserved anything and everything that was ever thrown at him. Dude constantly rode like a douche.
4/23/2020 3:25pm
GL got it back in spades, though not from Bobby, but a broken wheel that cost him the championship that year. One thing about the tables...
GL got it back in spades, though not from Bobby, but a broken wheel that cost him the championship that year. One thing about the tables, they always turn.
I was cheering when that happened, there was another time at Houston super cross he was on a 125 started celebrating a win halfway through the last lap and ate it. some guy on a Husky won
Regis
Fantasy
340th
4/23/2020 5:01pm
Bonds was landed on at Anaheim in the mid to late 90's much like Trey Canards deal. I was right there. Made me sick. Instead of...
Bonds was landed on at Anaheim in the mid to late 90's much like Trey Canards deal. I was right there. Made me sick. Instead of his head going under the bars like Trey's, Bobby's went over the bars and his chest got crushed between the crossbar and the frame of the bike landing on him. It was the gnarliest sx crash I ever seen since 1981.
Bonds rookie year was 2001 mang. He was still on 65s and 80s in the mid to late 90s.
Bonds raced Summercross in the 250 class in 1999. he was super fast, I think he was only 15. He crashed, but he was hauling ass throughout the day
chadder44
4/23/2020 7:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2020 7:25pm
Obviously terrible cell phone video quality recorded off terrible vhs quality video quality, but you get the idea. I don't know if I'm breaking any rules by uploading this to YouTube, so please let me know and I'll take this down.

tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
4/23/2020 8:16pm
chadder44 wrote:
Obviously terrible cell phone video quality recorded off terrible vhs quality video quality, but you get the idea. I don't know if I'm breaking any rules...
Obviously terrible cell phone video quality recorded off terrible vhs quality video quality, but you get the idea. I don't know if I'm breaking any rules by uploading this to YouTube, so please let me know and I'll take this down.

Thanks! I remember that crash being at a lot faster speed. I guess 4-strokes have conditioned my eyes to a different pace over the years.
jemcee
4/23/2020 8:29pm
After hearing so much about it but having never seen it I was expecting something much worse.. I haven't seen the lead up either but just after that video I would put it in the 'dick move that had a result worse than he was expecting' category
But will gladly move it if need be haha
I always pictured Langston cutting over on a straight or into a corner like Herlings on Tonus for example..
BobbyM
4/24/2020 12:23am
Dx3moto wrote:
There's no videos on Youtube that I could find, best bet would be another race that season that would show a highlight of the crash, but...
There's no videos on Youtube that I could find, best bet would be another race that season that would show a highlight of the crash, but I'm not sure if there is a video of it. (Unless you remember a video but can't find it).
There's always this clip for Langston fans and fans of racing on the edge of douchbaggary. [url=https://youtu.be/5cqOq5grtvk][/url]
Boomslang
Fantasy
548th
4/24/2020 5:42am
All because Bonds ran it in on GL and didn't give him the "respect" GL deserved. . . Yup, Langston should be real proud of that...
All because Bonds ran it in on GL and didn't give him the "respect" GL deserved. . . Yup, Langston should be real proud of that moment. . . put an end to a upcoming career.

Angry
Bounds was undoubtedly fast and he wanted to prove it instead of quietly going busy his business.

Worry about yourself and stop messing with outhers out there. There will be consequences.
Johnny Ringo
4/24/2020 8:41am
Dx3moto wrote:
There's no videos on Youtube that I could find, best bet would be another race that season that would show a highlight of the crash, but...
There's no videos on Youtube that I could find, best bet would be another race that season that would show a highlight of the crash, but I'm not sure if there is a video of it. (Unless you remember a video but can't find it).
BobbyM wrote:
There's always this clip for Langston fans and fans of racing on the edge of douchbaggary. [url=https://youtu.be/5cqOq5grtvk][/url]
Still hung up on Alessi after all these years Bob?
Ryan625
4/25/2020 9:08am
dont have that video.. but here is my favorite take out of all time http://youtu.be/QKxpo6odCCs
dont have that video.. but here is my favorite take out of all time
http://youtu.be/QKxpo6odCCs
That is my favorite pass of all time
BobbyM
4/26/2020 9:47pm
Dx3moto wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
Still hung up on Alessi after all these years Bob?
I'm hanging off of his dad's nuts now, I think he's doing a great fucking job for Genova and his Team. Why do you give a shit?
nytsmaC
4/26/2020 11:37pm
BobbyM wrote:
I'm hanging off of his dad's nuts now, I think he's doing a great fucking job for Genova and his Team. Why do you give a...
I'm hanging off of his dad's nuts now, I think he's doing a great fucking job for Genova and his Team. Why do you give a shit?
Quoted for truth. Better late than never, seems like Tony has put it all together.
4/27/2020 12:14am
Tony is a weapon, he should be the MXON team manager, if we ever go again.

Post a reply to: Langston-Bonds take out

The Latest