Langston-Bonds take out

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2014 4:57 PM

In honor of GL8 posting his take out of Bobby Bonds on his instagram, I was curious if anyone had any video of the actual take out.

I have searched for a few years for it ( Youtube, google, Vital) but nothing comes up video wise.

From Hangtown 2001 of I am not mistaken

|

shit'll buff out

6/24/2014 4:58 PM

Wasn't that the crash that made Bonds hang em up?

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

Deano2021

6/24/2014 5:01 PM

I still think about that move all the time when Langston is brought up. I was and never will be much of a GL fan, because of that take out.

|

6/24/2014 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 5:02 PM

I had it on a personal tape, but couldn't find it on youtube.. Bonds was on it that day, and I disliked Langston for a long time for that...

|

Some of these posts are like reading closed caption on the cartoon channel...

Hello?..Vital?...

6/24/2014 5:35 PM

There's no videos on Youtube that I could find, best bet would be another race that season that would show a highlight of the crash, but I'm not sure if there is a video of it. (Unless you remember a video but can't find it).

|

6/24/2014 5:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 5:39 PM

hartebreak wrote:

Not immediately, but pretty much. Lose of motion in his wrist I believe. I was looking forward to seeing what Bonds had. He was beating guys in the Am. ranks damn near like James was before he turned Pro.

P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

6/24/2014 5:37 PM

I seen that shit first hand suckas!

|

6/24/2014 6:06 PM

hartebreak wrote:

P wrote:

Not immediately, but pretty much. Lose of motion in his wrist I believe. I was looking forward to seeing what Bonds had. He ...more

It was his elbow........he is still at it,...but he was never the same.

|

Did i do that?

6/24/2014 6:21 PM

All because Bonds ran it in on GL and didn't give him the "respect" GL deserved. . . Yup, Langston should be real proud of that moment. . . put an end to a upcoming career.

angry

|

6/24/2014 6:38 PM

dont have that video.. but here is my favorite take out of all time

|

twitter.com/cm411

6/24/2014 6:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 6:47 PM

Love it! That was awesome.

|

6/24/2014 6:47 PM

Maybe it's my old-timers kicking in, but I thought it was a Supercross crash that caused the elbow injury for Bonds.

|

6/24/2014 6:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 6:57 PM

I thought it was SX also but the google found an MXA report that Bonds broke the elbow at the Kawi test track.

|

6/24/2014 6:54 PM

Could be my oldtimers kicking in too GuyB, but I seem to remember thinking I was watching "Motoworld" in the middle of the fricking night to catch the results and saw the video. . . It was BRUTAL. . . and I actually thought he broke both arms. . .

ehhh, but what do I know?tongue

|

6/24/2014 7:23 PM

GuyB wrote:

Maybe it's my old-timers kicking in, but I thought it was a Supercross crash that caused the elbow injury for Bonds.

I think he got hurt testing, but my old timers are definitely kickin in... I don't think Bonds ever came back after the Langston crash, though. By coming back, I mean show any flashes of why he got the PC ride in the first place. Langstons picture shows it pretty good... Bonds was goin elbow first into the ground. All good, what do i know? Just really bummed that anybody would tbt a picture of somebody else gettin hurt and caption it with a smart ass remark.

|

6/24/2014 7:44 PM

bonds took himself out of racing with foolish choices.

|

6/24/2014 7:47 PM

It was dirty, plain and simple. I have gotten into many arguments in years passed for being "dirty", but honestly if I brake checked someone on the downside of a jump, my dad would have literally kicked the living shit out of me.

Maybe someone has the whole 2001 hangtown race saved....Tblazier?

|

shit'll buff out

6/24/2014 8:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 8:11 PM

GuyB wrote:

Don't let the facts get in the way of another winner of a thread silly This week is on fire.

|

6/24/2014 8:13 PM

BAMX wrote:

Don't let the facts get in the way of another winner of a thread silly This week is on fire.

Yep, pardon moi.

|

6/24/2014 8:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 8:37 PM

I guess BAMX is too young to remember "Motoworld Highlights", straight up do you know what I'm speaking of? It was a nasty, crappy uncalled for punt. Whatever, It's PRO racing right/

. . . imo Bobby Bonds short lived motocross career sucked as much as seeing Robbie Renards career ending so quickly. That is a sad fact. He was a really "wicked fast kid" that got punked by Langston. . . and GL laughs to this day about putting someone into the ground (injury or not). Yuck, yuck ,yuck, fuggin hilarioussilly pinch

As far as facts making this "winner of the week" it just fizzles. . . laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Whiskiethrottlejunkie gets that award . . laughing laughing laughing laughing ::

|

6/24/2014 8:34 PM

GuyB wrote:

Yep A-3, horrible crash, I had a front row seat, literally.

|

6/24/2014 8:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2014 8:41 PM

I watched the take out from about 100 feet away,really high speed section typical old school hard pack Hangtown. Langston was looking inside I believe as he faded out and right into Bonds' front tire.through my eyes it was a dirty and dangerous takeout.Anyone remember Langstons' takeout of Allesi at Hangtown,did it in a safer spot but GL had no hope of making that corner.

|

6/24/2014 8:41 PM

I don't get why GL would be proud of himself for something like this. On some level he must be to post it up on his instagram account like that.

|

6/24/2014 8:49 PM

I don't have Instagram. Couldninpleasr get a link or something of the GL post.

|

6/24/2014 8:51 PM

nytsmaC wrote:

I don't get why GL would be proud of himself for something like this. On some level he must be to post it up on his instagram ...more

Yup, a proud papa moment. . . If i Didn't know what a goober (IMO) he is I would think he does a good job commenting. . .

but, and here we go. . . I believe KARMA has taken a big huge bite of GL's ass over the years. . .

And, I can say that cause that damn beeotch came to see me too. . better watch what ya do and say, it will get you eventually.

peace ps

|

6/24/2014 8:53 PM

nornevrder wrote:

you can't see much, GL is looking over his shoulder and Bonds is headed to the grond right elbow first

|

6/24/2014 8:58 PM

nornevrder wrote:

You don't need an account to view Instagram posts. You are more than capable of viewing it yourself.

|

6/24/2014 9:00 PM

hartebreak wrote:

P wrote:

Not immediately, but pretty much. Lose of motion in his wrist I believe. I was looking forward to seeing what Bonds had. He ...more

Travis_Hudson wrote:

It was his elbow........he is still at it,...but he was never the same.

That's right. Couldn't fully extend it, right?

P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

6/24/2014 9:02 PM

nornevrder wrote:

Photo

|

6/24/2014 9:02 PM

Bonds was screwing with the wrong guy and Langston made him pay. If you mess with the bull ,you get the horns.devil

|

Ed Johnson