Landing on JA was a Rookie mistake

kaptkaos
9/27/2016 7:43am
Did anyone see the idiot fans rushing the track and almost get landed on? WTF is wrong with people in Europe? They think they can storm the track while the race is still going on? I see this crap in F1 and soccer all the time. Seriously?
9/27/2016 7:50am
kaptkaos wrote:
Did anyone see the idiot fans rushing the track and almost get landed on? WTF is wrong with people in Europe? They think they can storm...
Did anyone see the idiot fans rushing the track and almost get landed on? WTF is wrong with people in Europe? They think they can storm the track while the race is still going on? I see this crap in F1 and soccer all the time. Seriously?
Yep, gets taught in schools, an important part of being European
philG
9/27/2016 8:01am
crusty_xx wrote:
I also thought that was a bit dumb on Andersons part. The jump was behind a turn and pretty blind, you couldnt see the landing behind...
I also thought that was a bit dumb on Andersons part. The jump was behind a turn and pretty blind, you couldnt see the landing behind the take off. How was the japanese guy supposed to know that the guy in front of him is basically standing still on the landing.
Probably more than 80% of riders hit that jump after the chequered flag was out, it's a friggen finish line JUMP, otherwise they would place the finish line on a straight if you weren't allowed to hit it.
Exactley... not jumping it was the root cause .. everything after that is as a result. Its the same reason you dont shut the throttle the instant you cross the line in Moto GP... its just common sense. If the Japanese rider had rolled it , Herlings might have landed on him ... jump the jump .. end of
tempura
9/27/2016 8:02am
kaptkaos wrote:
Did anyone see the idiot fans rushing the track and almost get landed on? WTF is wrong with people in Europe? They think they can storm...
That moment proved it was a blind jump, and that racers race to the end. There were about 30 fans flowing on to the track, but the riders were still jumping the finish line (and almost hitting a few fans), unaware of all the people on the other side.
So much for the theory that racers should just quit once first place has been claimed...lol

The Shop

kaptkaos
9/27/2016 8:13am
I was awe-stricken watching a fan running away from a bike about to land on him. It was really a BAD situation.

Crazy how grown adults lose all common sense, like the old saying, "Its all fun and games until someones eye gets poked out" or until you get landed on by a 450.

So this would be a field day in US court.
9/27/2016 8:31am
Great, another thread to voice my opinion. The race is not complete until the last rider passes the chequered flag. Anderson rolled a double jump slowly...
Great, another thread to voice my opinion.

The race is not complete until the last rider passes the chequered flag.
Anderson rolled a double jump slowly in the racing line.

He road recklessly and caused injury to a competitor. He should be disqualified and points taken away.

Just because they all do it doesn't make it right.
pilotdude wrote:
Wow, I hope you get banned from this place sooner rather than later.
Why should he be banned? because you don't agree with him? You must be kidding, nobody is that obtuse....
On top of it, he's correct and you are wrong.
CamP
9/27/2016 8:43am
I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Every time I see a race winner check up at the finish line and celebrate prematurely, I tense up and wonder if someone behind him, that's racing for position, is going to clean his clock.
9/27/2016 8:48am
Jeff Alessi's post says all that needs to be said about this subject. Anyone seeing it differently is simply a homer who isn't thinking clearly - including Decoster and other American riders and fans.
If it was the other rider rolling the finish line and Anderson was the one in the air - they would be arguing it was the other rider's fault for rolling the finish line. It's pathetic.
visser62
9/27/2016 8:54am
Amidst all of the arguing about DeCoster's comment, I never really even voiced my opinion on the incident itself. I don't think Notsuka is at fault, after seeing how blind the jump was. I also don't want to be too harsh on Anderson. His decision to roll the jump in the main line probably wasn't the greatest, but I understand that the emotions must be crazy after winning your first-ever moto at the MXdN. We have seen him make bad on-track decisions in the past, and unfortunately this was one of those, but perhaps a more understandable mistake. This thing has been hashed to death, no opinion will make a difference anymore, but I wanted to throw my two cents in there.
TDeath21
9/27/2016 10:26am
Can't blame the Japanese rider at all. I'll admit I did at first. The more I look at it though, he had THREE riders directly behind him. One that was battling him for position along with Herlings and Paulin. He has to jump that. Now if the argument is he should have saw where Anderson was and saw that he rolled the jump, that might be a solid argument. You should always look ahead of you on the track, and he was certainly close enough that he probably should have saw Anderson roll it. It really sucks because I fully believe USA wins without this incident. That all being said, it's a freak racing accident that would have been 100% avoided if Anderson doesn't roll the jump.
TeamGreen
9/27/2016 10:56am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 10:56am
hillbilly wrote:
The japanese guy had not seen the white flag yet ,for what that is worth,he would been approaching it as 21 went by.
This...nailed it.

Here's my point as discussed previously...

The Japanese rider had just been lapped on what was HIS "Next to last lap"...

When he got to the Checkers, he may have been seeing a "White Flag"...the point: He was probably in White Flag Mode. When he approached the jump, Jason was "Behind it" and very likely out of sight.

We need to hold No Grudges on this one and let it go.

It really is just "A Racing Thing"...

You can even lay this at Jason's feet; however, he was SOOOOOOOOO FOCUSED ON JUST FINISHING while TRYING TO STAY IN THE LEAD...so, I can completely understand how he rolled that jump and just celebrated...with a broken foot...since we are laying this...at his "feet".

Bwahahahahahaa

So, if Jason ain't worried about it, why are we?
sc961
9/27/2016 12:18pm
hillbilly wrote:
The japanese guy had not seen the white flag yet ,for what that is worth,he would been approaching it as 21 went by.
TeamGreen wrote:
This...nailed it. Here's my point as discussed previously... The Japanese rider had just been lapped on what was HIS "Next to last lap"... When he got...
This...nailed it.

Here's my point as discussed previously...

The Japanese rider had just been lapped on what was HIS "Next to last lap"...

When he got to the Checkers, he may have been seeing a "White Flag"...the point: He was probably in White Flag Mode. When he approached the jump, Jason was "Behind it" and very likely out of sight.

We need to hold No Grudges on this one and let it go.

It really is just "A Racing Thing"...

You can even lay this at Jason's feet; however, he was SOOOOOOOOO FOCUSED ON JUST FINISHING while TRYING TO STAY IN THE LEAD...so, I can completely understand how he rolled that jump and just celebrated...with a broken foot...since we are laying this...at his "feet".

Bwahahahahahaa

So, if Jason ain't worried about it, why are we?
Well shoot, and here I thought it was our job to speculate, insinuate and get whipped up about things we know very little about outside of what we think our opinion might be?

Now I gotta start looking at things in a whole different light..

Thanks a lot Manny..
kiwifan
9/27/2016 1:18pm
croom mx wrote:
And how many World MX titles do you have Kongols?
kongols wrote:
My grandmother gave birth to 12 children, but she never claimed to always be right in parenting.
Boom!

Post a reply to: Landing on JA was a Rookie mistake

The Latest