Landing on JA was a Rookie mistake

hillbilly
9/26/2016 9:27pm
pilotdude wrote:
From the Racer X Monday Morning Conversation with Alex Martin: "To get landed on like that by some absolute goon, it’s infuriating. It really is. What...
From the Racer X Monday Morning Conversation with Alex Martin:

"To get landed on like that by some absolute goon, it’s infuriating. It really is. What is that guy’s deal?"

http://racerxonline.com/2016/09/26/monday-conversation-alex-martin

So DeCoster is wrong, and I guess Alex Martin is wrong too. Hey all the "Anderson was wrong" crowd needs to do is get Cooper Webb saying it was the lapper's fault and you will have all the Team USA riders and the most successful team manager of all time nailed down as being wrong.

I mean, what would the riders know? All they did was actually ride the track and hit that jump 60-70 times in person

They would certainly be in no position to judge anything, right? But the internet pros watching on TV half a world away seem to have it DIALED.

Pretty clear to me that Jason Anderson, Roger DeCoster, and Alex Martin don't know what they are talking about, and the guy who got lapped and the Internet Warriors know what's up.

Out.
gerg wrote:
Anderson's fault and Martin is a jackass for saying that.

OH BUT THE RIDERS SAY HE WAS A GOON SO HE'S A GOON BURRR !!!!!!
ALL WOUND AROUND THE AXEL BRO.
Jeff alessi
9/26/2016 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 9:31pm
Whether or not the Japanese racer made a mistake it was also a very bad mistake rolling it. I have a reason for saying that and it's from personal experience. In 08 me and Jimmy alberstson were going for the Honda ride and it was up to how we did at unadilla that would decide who got it, we battled the entire race and at the finish line it was the first year the checkered flag was at the top of gravity cavity and i had Jimmy atleast 3 bikelengths behind me at the top of the drop, somehow he ran his line right and made a race of it to the finish as we both launched it at wide open speed. I looked over as we left the gravity and saw he beat me. As I looked ahead I noticed I was going to land at the base of the up hump leading into the corner, I also realized I was going to land directly on top of charles summey and there was no way I could fix it as he was slowly rolling left to head off the track and I couldn't lean it far enough. I landed directly on top of him atleast a hundred feet if not 150 past the take off and we both were taken off. I thought I had killed him, I never saw him race again after that. He was a joe Gibbs rider and I was an 18 year old sitting on a stretcher wondering if he would be ok. He probably finished the race 10 seconds ahead of me as I never saw him the whole moto. You can never get off the track fast or safe enough so don't ever end your race till your there. This is a very personal story for me to tell but I hope it reminds and teaches riders the importance of ending your race when your safely off the track.

I hope you all read that.
JQ
9/26/2016 9:30pm
VxeR wrote:
Stealing this from the other thread, how could he have known that someone was up there. o[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/26/153536/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Stealing this from the other thread, how could he have known that someone was up there. o
For the record, there is a rider cruising on the jump there, no way to tell now is there?
gt80rider
9/26/2016 9:49pm
VxeR wrote:
Stealing this from the other thread, how could he have known that someone was up there. o[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/09/26/153536/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Stealing this from the other thread, how could he have known that someone was up there. o
Because he just got lapped, he knew the leader was just a couple seconds in front of him, and the checked flag was out... Not uncommon for the leader to slow after crossing the line.... If you just got lapped there is a race going on and you aren't part of it, no need to Huck the finish line...

The Shop

JQ
9/26/2016 9:58pm
Except when you are racing you race to the end, and he was the full straight behind, so no idea JQ was cruising. Likewise JA knew there were riders finishing behind him.
Lucifa.
9/26/2016 10:33pm
Whether or not the Japanese racer made a mistake it was also a very bad mistake rolling it. I have a reason for saying that and...
Whether or not the Japanese racer made a mistake it was also a very bad mistake rolling it. I have a reason for saying that and it's from personal experience. In 08 me and Jimmy alberstson were going for the Honda ride and it was up to how we did at unadilla that would decide who got it, we battled the entire race and at the finish line it was the first year the checkered flag was at the top of gravity cavity and i had Jimmy atleast 3 bikelengths behind me at the top of the drop, somehow he ran his line right and made a race of it to the finish as we both launched it at wide open speed. I looked over as we left the gravity and saw he beat me. As I looked ahead I noticed I was going to land at the base of the up hump leading into the corner, I also realized I was going to land directly on top of charles summey and there was no way I could fix it as he was slowly rolling left to head off the track and I couldn't lean it far enough. I landed directly on top of him atleast a hundred feet if not 150 past the take off and we both were taken off. I thought I had killed him, I never saw him race again after that. He was a joe Gibbs rider and I was an 18 year old sitting on a stretcher wondering if he would be ok. He probably finished the race 10 seconds ahead of me as I never saw him the whole moto. You can never get off the track fast or safe enough so don't ever end your race till your there. This is a very personal story for me to tell but I hope it reminds and teaches riders the importance of ending your race when your safely off the track.

I hope you all read that.
Thanks for sharing that with us Jeff and wise words about the leaving the track safely.

cheers.
VRR7
9/26/2016 10:47pm
Anonymous wrote:
Many are saying the rider who landed on JA was really not on the same level as the others. He should not have been in the...
Many are saying the rider who landed on JA was really not on the same level as the others. He should not have been in the race. The checkered flag was out you know riders are going to slow down.
UpTiTe wrote:
No, stopping on a table top is rookie mistake.
^^ This ^^ - And best he learn - Blaming other riders will not teach JA anything meaning he is bound to make the same mistake again ? Was there an accident ? Yes - So don't do what causes accidents !!!!
VRR7
9/26/2016 11:01pm
I had a friend who started road racing and similar. He backed off after the finish line on a straight away and was taken out by a late charge to the line by two other racers.Its hard to judge what speed the other guy is doing and you hardly expect them to suddenly not be doing race speed.
Its about common sense racing is dangerous there are others on the track. Do all things as safe as possible. Coming to a dead stop at the finish line is not what an experienced racer should be doing. Hence the pain and lesson is the resultant is what it is! I hope all racers gain from this and learn to act with more wisdom while racing and avoid unnecessary injuries.
tempura
9/26/2016 11:02pm
gt80rider wrote:
Because he just got lapped, he knew the leader was just a couple seconds in front of him, and the checked flag was out... Not uncommon...
Because he just got lapped, he knew the leader was just a couple seconds in front of him, and the checked flag was out... Not uncommon for the leader to slow after crossing the line.... If you just got lapped there is a race going on and you aren't part of it, no need to Huck the finish line...
What do you mean, he's not part of the race? That's really stupid thinking...
He's racing for a position for his country, just like everyone else out there. Just because Jason has finished his race, doesn't mean the race is over. He's racing to the end, with someone else right on his tail, and that's what racers do...it was a blind jump, he doesn't have X-Ray vision. By the time he's spotted Jason celebrating in the main line, in between the face and landing slope, it's too late. Shit happens fast at the speeds these guys are moving at!
If it wasn't Notsuka, it would have been someone else. It's a miracle nobody was seriously hurt.
Olson
9/26/2016 11:43pm
Alex Martin should watch his words, not long ago he finished 9th in the B-final. By his logic he wasn't qualified to even go to MXdN.
shmoo
Fantasy
249th
9/26/2016 11:46pm
Prntscrn wrote:
He was fighting for position with another rider close behind. Close behind these two riders Herlings and Paulin were fighting for second. He did nothing wrong...
He was fighting for position with another rider close behind. Close behind these two riders Herlings and Paulin were fighting for second. He did nothing wrong jumping it
Agree.
9/27/2016 12:22am
DeCosters and Martins talk about japanese riders and gate picks after the race surprised me a little bit. Okay, it was pretty short after the race and somewhat heat of the moment but nonetheless.

DeCoster: If they don’t address some of those problems the participation from the U.S. is going to… I’m sure Jason is going to think twice to be on the Motocross of Nations team in the future.

Sounds a little like "more privileges again or we don't participate anymore"

I'm sure the rest of the world will like it Laughing

RG1
9/27/2016 12:32am
pilotdude wrote:
From the Racer X Monday Morning Conversation with Alex Martin: "To get landed on like that by some absolute goon, it’s infuriating. It really is. What...

"To get landed on like that by some absolute goon, it’s infuriating. It really is. What is that guy’s deal?"

So DeCoster is wrong, and I guess Alex Martin is wrong too. Hey all the "Anderson was wrong" crowd needs to do is get Cooper Webb saying it was the lapper's fault and you will have all the Team USA riders and the most successful team manager of all time nailed down as being wrong.

I mean, what would the riders know? All they did was actually ride the track and hit that jump 60-70 times in person

They would certainly be in no position to judge anything, right? But the internet pros watching on TV half a world away seem to have it DIALED.

Pretty clear to me that Jason Anderson, Roger DeCoster, and Alex Martin don't know what they are talking about, and the guy who got lapped and the Internet Warriors know what's up.

Out.
A member of their team was injured in the incident, they are hardly likely to be subjective about it. Anderson rolling the finish line caused the incident
kongols
9/27/2016 12:53am
DeCosters and Martins talk about japanese riders and gate picks after the race surprised me a little bit. Okay, it was pretty short after the race...
DeCosters and Martins talk about japanese riders and gate picks after the race surprised me a little bit. Okay, it was pretty short after the race and somewhat heat of the moment but nonetheless.

DeCoster: If they don’t address some of those problems the participation from the U.S. is going to… I’m sure Jason is going to think twice to be on the Motocross of Nations team in the future.

The more I know, the more I lose respect for Roger.
RG1
9/27/2016 12:57am
DeCosters and Martins talk about japanese riders and gate picks after the race surprised me a little bit. Okay, it was pretty short after the race...

kongols wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped turning up at some point in the not too distant future. I heard pretty strong rumours at Maggiora that the MXdN next year will be at Matterley instead of Glen Helen too. So if that's true then that won't go down well
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
9/27/2016 1:08am

i agree with Roger about the gate pick draw, it ads luck to something that should be about skill, it would not be hard to have each rider start according to their free practice time,

as for the crash, mostly on Jason for cruizing slowly over the line, a little on the flag man for not putting the yellow out, but not a huge amount of time to make that call, ,

for those that think the Japanese rider should not have jumped, (incl Decoster) are we expecting all riders after the winner not to jump the finish line double as they take the chequered flag at A1 now?
David934
9/27/2016 1:24am
If Roger DeCoster stated it was a stupid move then it was a stupid move....end of discussion. The guy has forgotten more about motocross than any...
If Roger DeCoster stated it was a stupid move then it was a stupid move....end of discussion. The guy has forgotten more about motocross than any of us even know.
Roger mean it was stupid move from Anderson..
9/27/2016 1:51am
RG1 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped turning up at some point in the not too distant future. I heard pretty strong rumours at Maggiora that...
It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped turning up at some point in the not too distant future. I heard pretty strong rumours at Maggiora that the MXdN next year will be at Matterley instead of Glen Helen too. So if that's true then that won't go down well
Wow, I hope not. I went in 06 and it was a great experience but I'd love to see it round Glen Helen.
RG1
9/27/2016 2:08am
RG1 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if they stopped turning up at some point in the not too distant future. I heard pretty strong rumours at Maggiora that...
Wow, I hope not. I went in 06 and it was a great experience but I'd love to see it round Glen Helen.
GP's at Glen Helen have hardly been a roaring success though have they? I can understand why there might be some reservations about having the event there. We'll have to wait and see what happens
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
9/27/2016 2:15am

kongols wrote:
That's exactly what I thought when I heared the interview.
DeCoster just sounded like a sore loser.
9/27/2016 2:36am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 2:39am
RG1 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
GP's at Glen Helen have hardly been a roaring success though have they? I can understand why there might be some reservations about having the event...
GP's at Glen Helen have hardly been a roaring success though have they? I can understand why there might be some reservations about having the event there. We'll have to wait and see what happens
True, though I would think that the American fans would turn out for an MXDN on home soil as they did with Budds Creek. Of course, it's easy for me to sit here and say that though when I have nothing at stake and don't have to ship a team over etc.
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
9/27/2016 2:44am
Roger is getting old...
Any team manager desperate for a win would have picked Forkner before AMart.

Regarding mxon in usa, budds was really good, colorado sucked big time.
Glen helen might work but for the ultimate mxon experiance, go watch it in europe, stay at the camping! :-D
9/27/2016 3:53am

scott_nz wrote:
i agree with Roger about the gate pick draw, it ads luck to something that should be about skill, it would not be hard to have...
i agree with Roger about the gate pick draw, it ads luck to something that should be about skill, it would not be hard to have each rider start according to their free practice time,

as for the crash, mostly on Jason for cruizing slowly over the line, a little on the flag man for not putting the yellow out, but not a huge amount of time to make that call, ,

for those that think the Japanese rider should not have jumped, (incl Decoster) are we expecting all riders after the winner not to jump the finish line double as they take the chequered flag at A1 now?
I agree with him too about the gate pick raffle. What I think a lot of people don't like is the attitude. What if they got 4th Gate Puck or something like that? Would he still complain about it? "change the rules or we're out of this" is not an attitude people like.
But I understand their frustration. 5 years in a row is really a lot. Keep in mind that any other Country is struggeling to get 3 decent riders together every year. To wreck it 5 Times is a thing of absurdity actually. The pressure on them is pretty good I'd say. Then the ridicoulus amount of bad luck this year. They are definately having a rough time at the moment. Next year. Glen Helen
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2425th
9/27/2016 4:45am
pilotdude wrote:

Out.
They are wrong and you are wrong deal with it.

Anderson was rolling on the racing line, it sucked it happend, but rolling any jump on a active track is risky.

I bet any money that if Jason had his time again he would not celebrate on the top of the jump and roll slowly off it.

If the rider that landed on him had his time again he would hit that jump exactly the same, not to land on someone but because that is what you do in a race, race to the finish line! Which in this case means launching a jump as you finish.

Make sure you have a go pro on at your next race Pilot dude can't wait to see you post the footage of your rolling the finish line jump in every moto from now on just in case the rider in front of you on a blind jump as choosen to roll it!
croom mx
9/27/2016 5:13am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 5:14am

kongols wrote:
And how many World MX titles do you have Kongols?
kongols
9/27/2016 5:23am
croom mx wrote:
My grandmother gave birth to 12 children, but she never claimed to always be right in parenting.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/27/2016 5:27am

kongols wrote:
mxmasta wrote:
That's exactly what I thought when I heared the interview.
DeCoster just sounded like a sore loser.
Yeah he also pretty much said France lucked out for the win. It's racing after all, how often have the USA benefited form other countries riders crashes or technical failures?
The Rock
9/27/2016 7:00am
hillbilly wrote:
The japanese guy had not seen the white flag yet ,for what that is worth,he would been approaching it as 21 went by.
Great observation and an very astute one at that.

Sure glad you are a frequent poster my friend and hope you have a good week.
RG1
9/27/2016 7:05am
croom mx wrote:
kongols wrote:
My grandmother gave birth to 12 children, but she never claimed to always be right in parenting.
That's gold Kongols Laughing
visser62
9/27/2016 7:43am
croom mx wrote:
kongols wrote:
Kongols is right. Being good at something does not mean having an unquestionable understanding of the subject, but everybody around here acts like it does.

Post a reply to: Landing on JA was a Rookie mistake

The Latest