Landing on JA was a Rookie mistake

Anonymous (not verified)
Many are saying the rider who landed on JA was really not on the same level as the others. He should not have been in the race. The checkered flag was out you know riders are going to slow down.
|
ayearinmx
9/26/2016 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 1:59pm
Chihiro Notsuka's fastest laptime was 6 seconds behind Jason Anderson's fastest laptime... and was just getting lapped on the last corner of the last lap

At Muddy Creek (similar laptimes), only 14 riders were within six seconds of Ken Roczen's race laptimes and only 14 riders managed to stay unlapped

What I'm saying is...... if you cut him, you'd have to cut a LOT of guys from the nationals as well, and start using SX gates.

He is good enough to be out there
hillbilly
9/26/2016 1:28pm
The japanese guy had not seen the white flag yet ,for what that is worth,he would been approaching it as 21 went by.
M-M
9/26/2016 1:32pm
Going over a dipped table top at snale pace is also a rookie mistake.

S*** happens.

The Shop

Prntscrn
9/26/2016 1:32pm
He was fighting for position with another rider close behind. Close behind these two riders Herlings and Paulin were fighting for second. He did nothing wrong jumping it
Katoomey
9/26/2016 1:34pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 1:36pm
great radio.
"great radio" isn't generlized term for a stupid comment. it's related to on air radio, when someone says something that a "listening" audience may not be able to see like a visual aid, or making hand gestures, or saying something that could be discussed off air, like technical issues, or personal exchanges between hosts that exclude the audience, or things that are out of context to the audience.

..smarty pants.

Fourth_Floor
9/26/2016 1:34pm
If Roger DeCoster stated it was a stupid move then it was a stupid move....end of discussion. The guy has forgotten more about motocross than any of us even know.
VxeR
9/26/2016 1:34pm
Stealing this from the other thread, how could he have known that someone was up there. o
a22
9/26/2016 1:36pm
The actual results he got show he beat a few of the riders and must have been somewhat on the level to have beat some of them....

Not sure how it all happened exactly - kind of nasty accident and not sure if he saw Anderson or not, would guess probably not- as surely he wouldn't have jumped it otherwise.

No idea if anyone is to blame. Just glad nobody is injured more than they are.
9/26/2016 1:36pm
everybody is going to slow down AFTER the finish line jump. you're saying that everyone needs to slow down on the finish jump because the flag is out?
9/26/2016 1:37pm
If Roger DeCoster stated it was a stupid move then it was a stupid move....end of discussion. The guy has forgotten more about motocross than any...
If Roger DeCoster stated it was a stupid move then it was a stupid move....end of discussion. The guy has forgotten more about motocross than any of us even know.
It was a stupid move to him because his rider got injured.
9/26/2016 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 1:38pm
great radio.
Katoomey wrote:
"great radio" isn't generlized term for a stupid comment. it's related to on air radio, when someone says something that a "listening" audience may not be...
"great radio" isn't generlized term for a stupid comment. it's related to on air radio, when someone says something that a "listening" audience may not be able to see like a visual aid, or making hand gestures, or saying something that could be discussed off air, like technical issues, or personal exchanges between hosts that exclude the audience, or things that are out of context to the audience.

..smarty pants.

Uhh, you ever listen to the Pulp MX Show?? The DV sound drop they always use?? See, this is an internet forum, so there's no actual audio.... ya know what, just forget it lol

Meant it more along the lines of this topic really not needing it's own thread, as it's been discussed every which way in multiple others..
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/26/2016 1:38pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Chihiro Notsuka's fastest laptime was 6 seconds behind Jason Anderson's fastest laptime... and was just getting lapped on the last corner of the last lap At...
Chihiro Notsuka's fastest laptime was 6 seconds behind Jason Anderson's fastest laptime... and was just getting lapped on the last corner of the last lap

At Muddy Creek (similar laptimes), only 14 riders were within six seconds of Ken Roczen's race laptimes and only 14 riders managed to stay unlapped

What I'm saying is...... if you cut him, you'd have to cut a LOT of guys from the nationals as well, and start using SX gates.

He is good enough to be out there
Gosh when these guys get on a big wide open over size track like Glen Helen a lot of guys in Notsukuas speed range are going to be way way off of the leaders pace. 10 seconds plus will be common. Espically if you have a guy like Roczen out there. National tracks usually have a bigger gap from the big dogs to the also rans as well which makes the comparison not quite apples to apples.
NATEP231
9/26/2016 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 1:43pm
The race is over at the finish line. Not the landing of the jump. Get over it. It's done. Quit starting more threads about it. For fucks sake.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
9/26/2016 1:45pm
Anonymous wrote:
Many are saying the rider who landed on JA was really not on the same level as the others. He should not have been in the...
Many are saying the rider who landed on JA was really not on the same level as the others. He should not have been in the race. The checkered flag was out you know riders are going to slow down.
No, stopping on a table top is rookie mistake.
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
9/26/2016 1:50pm
UpTiTe wrote:
This!
cable
9/26/2016 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 1:55pm
Don't most pros jump off the bike nowadays if they're about to hit/land on something? I think thats why we don't see more of this in the US. still think JA walked away lucky.
dean122
9/26/2016 2:00pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Who stopped?
brimx153
9/26/2016 2:02pm
UpTiTe wrote:
mxmasta wrote:
This!
this , if your going to roll fine , but not on the racing line . it was Anderson s fault . Also if the japanese rider rolls i think he get landed on by the rider behind him . Also ,there should of been a YELLOW FLAG when Anderson rolled . So the Flagger is at fault too
NATEP231
9/26/2016 2:02pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:03pm
UpTiTe wrote:
dean122 wrote:
Who stopped?
I was just going to say I never saw a bike stopped on a table top. I saw a guy win a race and slow down after the finish line tho.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
9/26/2016 2:07pm
I also thought that was a bit dumb on Andersons part. The jump was behind a turn and pretty blind, you couldnt see the landing behind the take off. How was the japanese guy supposed to know that the guy in front of him is basically standing still on the landing.
Probably more than 80% of riders hit that jump after the chequered flag was out, it's a friggen finish line JUMP, otherwise they would place the finish line on a straight if you weren't allowed to hit it.
brimx153
9/26/2016 2:07pm
If Roger DeCoster stated it was a stupid move then it was a stupid move....end of discussion. The guy has forgotten more about motocross than any...
It was a stupid move to him because his rider got injured.
Roger is always like that . if Anderson was the one who landed on the other rider , it would of been a stupid move to roll . You just cant justify rolling in the race line over a double . You can t !!. Anderson fault . why did nt he roll on the left out of the race line
neysbo
9/26/2016 2:08pm
90% Anderson fault , no way in hell you roll that . Actually pretty much 100% his fault. On top of rolling it he swerves over into the main line.

ayearinmx
9/26/2016 2:08pm
Park Boys wrote:
Gosh when these guys get on a big wide open over size track like Glen Helen a lot of guys in Notsukuas speed range are going...
Gosh when these guys get on a big wide open over size track like Glen Helen a lot of guys in Notsukuas speed range are going to be way way off of the leaders pace. 10 seconds plus will be common. Espically if you have a guy like Roczen out there. National tracks usually have a bigger gap from the big dogs to the also rans as well which makes the comparison not quite apples to apples.
The OP asked if Notsuka was good enough...... and my response was, if he ISN'T good enough, then there are LOTS of guys at the nationals that are also not good enough

Muddy Creek - Roczen: 1:53s

Every rider from position position 17 and down.... 2:00+

On big, wide open tracks like Glen Helen..... it's even worse, even fewer people are close to Roczen, but yet I don't hear any claims about what are those guys doing out on the track? Some guys at nationals are 13+ seconds lap behind Roczen at Muddy Creek!

My point is..... Notsuka could probably qualify (too small of a sample size to say definitely) for a national, and that should answer the question about whether he is good enough or not

Roczen, Tomac and Cole Seely all ran 1:53s and it is precisely this "big gap between big dogs to also rans" that is relevant

Oh..... and he was riding a 250, against 450s, so there's that as well Wink
Prntscrn
9/26/2016 2:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:12pm
NATEP231 wrote:
I was just going to say I never saw a bike stopped on a table top. I saw a guy win a race and slow down...
I was just going to say I never saw a bike stopped on a table top. I saw a guy win a race and slow down after the finish line tho.
And.. to be able to do that he had to slow down big time before the finish line. Can't say the lapped rider did anything wrong racing till they hit the finish line. I'm sure he wouldn't have done it if he saw Jason. But if he would have slow down he could have been in the same situation as Jason with riders fighting for positions coming from behind
downard254
9/26/2016 2:12pm
What's the deal these days that every time something happens on the track we have to point blame and percentages of fault to someone. Christ, it was an accident. Shit happens, get over it people. Let's just be greatful that no one was seriously hurt. Sheesh.
9/26/2016 2:15pm
downard254 wrote:
What's the deal these days that every time something happens on the track we have to point blame and percentages of fault to someone. Christ, it...
What's the deal these days that every time something happens on the track we have to point blame and percentages of fault to someone. Christ, it was an accident. Shit happens, get over it people. Let's just be greatful that no one was seriously hurt. Sheesh.
Our generation....no such thing as an accident, someone has to be at fault $$$$
Tim507
UpTiTe wrote:
mxmasta wrote:
This!
This^^^^^^
Great, another thread to voice my opinion.

The race is not complete until the last rider passes the chequered flag.
Anderson rolled a double jump slowly in the racing line.

He road recklessly and caused injury to a competitor. He should be disqualified and points taken away.

Just because they all do it doesn't make it right.
Cygnus
9/26/2016 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 2:18pm
Prntscrn wrote:
He was fighting for position with another rider close behind. Close behind these two riders Herlings and Paulin were fighting for second. He did nothing wrong...
He was fighting for position with another rider close behind. Close behind these two riders Herlings and Paulin were fighting for second. He did nothing wrong jumping it
This is what I know too. Simply a racing incedent.

Post a reply to: Landing on JA was a Rookie mistake

The Latest