Lake Elsinore Motocross track closed for good?

Brent
2/19/2020 11:43am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2020 11:48am
I have fond memories of shattering my left leg at that track in 2002.

I think Guy B broke his leg there too way back when?

Back in the day, you would get 500 riders there on a weekend day, with guys flying through the pit area like maniacs, meth head water truck drivers that didn't give a shit if they soaked you in your pit, and not a four stroke to be heard anywhere...

ahhh, the good old days.
dean122
2/19/2020 1:01pm
That track took my spleen back in '06. After it's watered, you still wait 20 MORE min after the track reopens. The water would soak in and look dry, but it's really just sitting just beneath the top layer and still slicker than snot.
Lightning78
2/19/2020 2:01pm
Brent wrote:
I have fond memories of shattering my left leg at that track in 2002. I think Guy B broke his leg there too way back when...

Back in the day, you would get 500 riders there on a weekend day, with guys flying through the pit area like maniacs, meth head water truck drivers that didn't give a shit if they soaked you in your pit, and not a four stroke to be heard anywhere...

ahhh, the good old days.
I remember those good ol days .....never got hurt there and rode it a ton of times! I took my buddy's spleen too
Torco1
2/19/2020 2:11pm
Brent wrote:
I have fond memories of shattering my left leg at that track in 2002. I think Guy B broke his leg there too way back when...

ahhh, the good old days.
I remember those good ol days .....never got hurt there and rode it a ton of times! I took my buddy's spleen too
Yeah, the dirt might've been rock hard and slippery as shit when wet...but Elsinore will always hold some very fond memories.

The Shop

2/19/2020 2:29pm
Who remembers the GFI track in the north west side of the facility 14-15 years ago? So much fun.
Brent
2/19/2020 2:43pm
Who remembers the GFI track in the north west side of the facility 14-15 years ago? So much fun.
wasn't that their amateur Supercross type track? I remember it was always closed when I wanted to ride on it...
SrfNdirt
2/19/2020 2:46pm
Heck yeah, that track was fun!
2/19/2020 3:40pm
Brent wrote:
wasn't that their amateur Supercross type track? I remember it was always closed when I wanted to ride on it...
No, that was another track closer to Mission Trail I believe. The GFI track was an outdoor style track to the left of the main track in the back corner of the facility.
xrmark
2/19/2020 8:40pm
No, that was another track closer to Mission Trail I believe. The GFI track was an outdoor style track to the left of the main track...
No, that was another track closer to Mission Trail I believe. The GFI track was an outdoor style track to the left of the main track in the back corner of the facility.
It was super jumpy! I raced on that track every saturday for years. My dad helped build the starting gate, my grandpa did most the concrete on the start and my mom was one of the scoring ladies. My whole childhood was pretty much spent on that track racing super saturdays series. Was a shame when the heiners lost ownership, that place went to shit. Many days after school were spent on that track as well. I lived on the same street as the track(corydon) , dad bought the house just cause it was a stones throw away from the track. Elsinore might have sucked it’s in its last few years but that was THE track in the 2000’s. Sorry for the story lol
2/19/2020 9:20pm
Elsinore had this big area of bmx jumps I remember. Once At elsinore as a 125 novice i jumped that triple side by side with Shae Bentley, i was so excited told my dad did you see that?! He did. Hes gone now. He literally rode until he couldn’t, he was spittin up in his helmet from esophageal cancer last time he rode. He knew it would be his last ride So he rode like a 45 minute moto.
wisey
Fantasy
1457th
2/20/2020 7:24am Edited Date/Time 2/20/2020 1:52pm
Good times.
2/20/2020 9:01am
No, that was another track closer to Mission Trail I believe. The GFI track was an outdoor style track to the left of the main track...
xrmark wrote:
It was super jumpy! I raced on that track every saturday for years. My dad helped build the starting gate, my grandpa did most the concrete...
It was super jumpy! I raced on that track every saturday for years. My dad helped build the starting gate, my grandpa did most the concrete on the start and my mom was one of the scoring ladies. My whole childhood was pretty much spent on that track racing super saturdays series. Was a shame when the heiners lost ownership, that place went to shit. Many days after school were spent on that track as well. I lived on the same street as the track(corydon) , dad bought the house just cause it was a stones throw away from the track. Elsinore might have sucked it’s in its last few years but that was THE track in the 2000’s. Sorry for the story lol
Awesome story sounds like most people who were riding in the early 2000’s had lots of great times at Elsinore. And you’re right, the track layouts 15-20 years ago were always good even though the dirt wasn’t, LOL. Did lots of racing on the GFI track in 04,05. Elsinore was THE facility in Socal in the early 2000’s before Milestone and Pala popped up (RIP MilestoneSad ).
earthmx
3/8/2020 7:43pm
Looks like something is going on at Elsinore
hubbardmx50
3/8/2020 7:53pm
earthmx wrote:
Care to elaborate?
earthmx
3/8/2020 7:58pm
earthmx wrote:
Care to elaborate?
They had a job fair today and are taking applications for flaggers. Tracks look like they are being cleaned up, sand is being mixed in to the national track
xrmark
3/9/2020 12:39pm
Care to elaborate?
Yea it’s reopening. Drove by it today to grab some tacos at tacos Elsinore and it doesn’t look bad. Hopefully the rain isn’t too bad this week
hubbardmx50
3/12/2020 9:31am
The Instagram page says opening day was supposed to be March 21st but rain might delay.
mx_563
3/12/2020 9:32am
A job fair for flaggers.

Sigh.
chuckie108
3/12/2020 9:37am
Awesome!! With the Stone, Comp, and 395 all closing in the last year, we need Elsinore back, Not the best dirt ever, but still a fun place to ride and very accessible. Never quit got all the haters dumping on the place. I like having different options and places to ride.
earthmx
3/12/2020 9:39am
I think the rain will push the opening back, sucks because I want to go ride it. I had a lot of fun riding with my son there
hubbardmx50
3/12/2020 9:45am
chuckie108 wrote:
Awesome!! With the Stone, Comp, and 395 all closing in the last year, we need Elsinore back, Not the best dirt ever, but still a fun...
Awesome!! With the Stone, Comp, and 395 all closing in the last year, we need Elsinore back, Not the best dirt ever, but still a fun place to ride and very accessible. Never quit got all the haters dumping on the place. I like having different options and places to ride.
Agree 100%, when it re-opened in 2012 I thought it was actually a really fun track. Had a blast racing TWMX there and sending that back triple step-up during the race because I got tired of being passed there! Lol. It looks like they are at least trying to do something about the dirt and we should all be applauding whoever it is on their effort.
YZed250
3/12/2020 10:05am
chuckie108 wrote:
Awesome!! With the Stone, Comp, and 395 all closing in the last year, we need Elsinore back, Not the best dirt ever, but still a fun...
Agree 100%, when it re-opened in 2012 I thought it was actually a really fun track. Had a blast racing TWMX there and sending that back...
Agree 100%, when it re-opened in 2012 I thought it was actually a really fun track. Had a blast racing TWMX there and sending that back triple step-up during the race because I got tired of being passed there! Lol. It looks like they are at least trying to do something about the dirt and we should all be applauding whoever it is on their effort.
Always good to have options! love to see this.
WarrenMX
3/12/2020 5:14pm
Sweeeeet!

Post a reply to: Lake Elsinore Motocross track closed for good?

The Latest