Lake Elsinore Motocross track closed for good?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/26/2019 3:40 PM

I called this morning and there was ni answer. I pulled up at the gate and it was unlocked but with a giant track closed sign. There was a RAM 1500 truck way in the back near where you pay that was pointed towards the street. So I guess this confirms it... I took some pictures as well. I dont undersand the politics of city zoning and how KB homes and others can shet out poor made homes everywhere yet a track that has been there for decades can get closed so quick.

itic

|

3/26/2019 4:17 PM

Well if they do build houses there, good luck finding home owners insurance that will cover them. There's a reason the track has been unable to open the last 3 months!

|

3/26/2019 4:21 PM

Ah lawyers and insurance killing the Western world slowly.

|

3/26/2019 4:27 PM

Minus_2 wrote:

Utahn here. So far riding has been a mixed bag when it comes to tracks. In the last few years there have been a few tracks that have disappeared. Trails and free riding have been decent however.

Is Miller Motorsport Park still around with a Moto track? I did a driving school there back in 2015 in saw guys riding Moto... looked like fun!

|

Life's a garden, dig it.

1996 CR250R
2016 YZ450F
2001 Suzuki Bandit 600

3/26/2019 4:41 PM

WarrenMX wrote:

Well if they do build houses there, good luck finding home owners insurance that will cover them. There's a reason the track has been unable to open the last 3 months!

They have already been built look at this photo of recent development next to the track. City officials are corrupt as fuck letting KB and builders do this. Lake Elsinore was practically founded on MX!

|

3/26/2019 4:44 PM

Elsinore's been on borrowed time since the last closure that I remember, sometime around 2005/6. They got a reprieve when the housing market crashed, and all the local developers simply put everything on hold. However, the last couple years have seen a boom in all kinds of construction in the Inland Empire. There's just too much money to be made in developing that land. I think Perris, Milestone and Glen Helen are going to be ok for several years at least, those properties aren't as attractive to the builders.

|

Retired Mechanical Engineer, published technical writer, mscperformance.com, Bisimotoengineering.com,

3/26/2019 4:45 PM

Yeah that is F-d up of the local Gov imo ,and seeing how close those houses are thats a wrap game over, the amount of noise complaints would be huge , even with idiots knowing they are buying a house near a Motocross track.
Sad but id say its over for that track.

|

3/26/2019 5:03 PM

|

3/26/2019 5:55 PM

Only reason they stayed re opened for as long as they did was because Pala closed. Pala has been opened again for a few years and most people never went back to Elsinore. That track really sucked it’s about time they closed. Sorry to say.

|

3/26/2019 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2019 6:58 PM

I have ridden at Lake Elsinore twice on visits to USA, January 16 and January 18, rode vets track only.
Both times other than Pros using the SX track hardly anyone else riding, ( both times were Monday’s).
At the other tracks we rode at, Milestone, Pala, Cahuilla Creek and Glen Helen always heaps of riders.

|

3/26/2019 6:43 PM

I rode Elsinore a ton late 90s through the close in what 05?

I tried to get them back in rotation but it seemed like whenever l showed up there it "wasn't open for open riding just SX practice". I once went on a Tuesday and they told me to come back Thurs, so l did and l got the same bullshit. This was about a year and a half ago and after that shit l never went back. If you're a track maybe honor your open times posted on your website and be open more than one or two days a week.

Why would l pass Perris or Milestone were l know l can ride?

|

3/26/2019 7:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/26/2019 7:36 PM

I spoke with someone about this today.
Not enviro
Not housing
Not city

The current owner is just a shitty business person and difficult to deal with, Lucas Oil pulling out was the writing on the wall.
Edit, my guess is someone with money and the will to go through the proper channels could get the place reopened in short order, the road block Im told is the current owner.

|

3/26/2019 7:50 PM

dnf736 wrote:

I spoke with someone about this today.
Not enviro
Not housing
Not city

The current owner is just a shitty business person and difficult to deal with, Lucas Oil pulling out was the writing on the wall.
Edit, my guess is someone with money and the will to go through the proper channels could get the place reopened in short order, the road block Im told is the current owner.

Yeah but look at that aerial view how close those new homes are, if the Haven yet the definitely will be complaining.

|

3/26/2019 10:24 PM

I was told you had to sign a paper saying you cant bitch about motor sports to live in the community.

Rode the track last winter. We were the only ones. Track was a pos. No prep what so ever,,,,,no wonder it closed.

|

“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

3/26/2019 10:45 PM

Chains wrote:

I was told you had to sign a paper saying you cant bitch about motor sports to live in the community.

Rode the track last winter. We were the only ones. Track was a pos. No prep what so ever,,,,,no wonder it closed.

Motocross tracks are suppose to be tough and knarly so why complain?

|

3/27/2019 6:12 AM

i blame the orange poppies

|

3/27/2019 6:19 AM

i take it the current elsinore is different to the one back in 2006 where you drove past the langston shop?

|

3/27/2019 7:05 AM

The amateur track was a blasty blast when prepped right. The couple of GP's they did that linked the tracks together was the most fun you could have at that facility. So long partner....

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

3/27/2019 8:33 AM

Is he selling the land now for housing devolpment or what's the next course of action?

|

3/27/2019 9:28 AM

Southern CA tracks will be demolished and turned into houses due to drones.
Stick with me.
There are 10 drone companies currently that are flying people right now. Once they become public, people can live further out and take a 20 minute drone ride to the city or wherever. It’s very real and California is going to be the test. I assume Mx tracks are attractive because of water, land, and road ways. Just my two cents.

|

3/27/2019 9:56 AM

Chains wrote:

RexEasely wrote:

Motocross tracks are suppose to be tough and knarly so why complain?

There is a big difference from gnarly and not watered on hot days dusty as he'll and big ass boulders on the track.

|

3/27/2019 11:27 AM

Tarz483 wrote:

Maybe Best bet is for everyone into Moto to just pick another State/town and be like anyone into moto thats considering moving lets all move to this area and build a thriving moto scene,
It has to be warm , affordable
It could Maybe some where in Florida, Texas , Utah , Nevada ,Arizona,
We will all agree on a Place and Make it the New moto Mecca
What do yall think ?

Minus_2 wrote:

Utahn here. So far riding has been a mixed bag when it comes to tracks. In the last few years there have been a few tracks that have disappeared. Trails and free riding have been decent however.

Tenacious P wrote:

Is Miller Motorsport Park still around with a Moto track? I did a driving school there back in 2015 in saw guys riding Moto... looked like fun!

Nah, I'm pretty sure that track there went under. It wasn't great. The track was always lackluster and dangerous, especially during the outdoor nationals that were held during 2013-2015.

|

oof.

3/27/2019 4:27 PM

twizzler wrote:

So let's see, we've recently over the past few years lost; The Ranch/Ryno Land, Star West, Piru, Zaca Station, Competitive Edge and now Lake Elsinore. The last 3 in just a few months. .

What we have left; Perris, Milestone, Fox Raceway/Pala, Cahuilla, Glen Helen, Sunrise/Racetown 395 and LACR.

Add AV Motoplex to that that list too

|

3/27/2019 9:03 PM

skeef wrote:

Southern CA tracks will be demolished and turned into houses due to drones.
Stick with me.
There are 10 drone companies currently that are flying people right now. Once they become public, people can live further out and take a 20 minute drone ride to the city or wherever. It’s very real and California is going to be the test. I assume Mx tracks are attractive because of water, land, and road ways. Just my two cents.

I've seen the two seaters like ehang 184 but not mass transit drones. Ehang 184 is pretty cool

|

3/27/2019 9:14 PM

I thought there first mistake was sneaking dirt into the track during the night, for the Ama national. After that fiasco the city and the army corps of engineers shut down answer racing. Who wanted to bring in dirt and elevation.

|

3/28/2019 10:10 AM

Elsinore will be missed. I live in Orange County and Elsinore was the closest mx track as it only took a little less than 1 hour to get there. The place definitely went downhill the past 3 years and due to rumors of the track sucking, many riders stopped going there, including me. Pretty sure houses will replace the land the track sits on pretty soon. But the Summerly owned housing property falls on the opposite side of the dirt retaining wall that borders the track. So I expect a new housing builder company will purchase the land and build on it eventually.

|

2/17/2020 7:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2020 7:15 PM

Lake Elsinore off-road Park could reopen

Here is an article from a month ago.
|

2/17/2020 7:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/17/2020 11:35 PM

WillSt24 wrote: Lake Elsinore off-road Park could reopen

Here is an article from a month ago.

yup, it's been in the works for months.

don't listen to barnett468

|

2/17/2020 7:47 PM

And this is more than just a rumor. I know a few in meetings with the city and county on this. What I think is the biggest issue is getting the right compounds of soil to make it better. I missed a meeting Saturday I could not make. But let’s just say these guys know Racing and Dirt.

|

2/17/2020 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/19/2020 5:56 PM

And not not Dirt Werxs. No disrespect to Dirt Werxs I just want to know they are not involved.

|