Lake Elsinore Motocross track closed for good?

WarrenMX
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 10:05am
They were hit really hard by the rains we had and as such have not been open in quite a while.

I was wondering when they might be back but I heard today they are closed for good??! My buddy works right by the track and he asked someone who was locking the gate when they plan to open again and the guy said, they're closed for good.

What a shame if this turns out to be true.
|
Forty
3/25/2019 2:39pm
Seems like Elsinore has been closed for good a dozen times or so.
3/25/2019 2:40pm
I would almost prefer it to be an internal reason (out of money, no more interest, etc) than hear that some regulation bologna is causing the shut down. #commiefornia
Brent
3/25/2019 3:41pm
LEMP is like a radioactive cockroach, you can't kill it no matter what.

Give it a few months, back open by July 4th Ill bet...
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/25/2019 3:45pm
Just got word it's closed for good and will be turned into housing... Hope that's not true.

The Shop

psg119
3/25/2019 3:47pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Just got word it's closed for good and will be turned into housing... Hope that's not true.
Like the rest of down here.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/25/2019 3:53pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
psg119 wrote:
Unfortunately.
psg119
3/25/2019 3:57pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
psg119 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unfortunately.
In the very near future all the hill spots we used to ride will be built out. It's sad.
dirtmike86
3/25/2019 4:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 4:01pm
psg119 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unfortunately.
psg119 wrote:
In the very near future all the hill spots we used to ride will be built out. It's sad.
Our best bet is to start building tracks on closed down land fills where they cant build houses.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
3/25/2019 4:07pm
psg119 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unfortunately.
psg119 wrote:
Maybe Best bet is for everyone into Moto to just pick another State/town and be like anyone into moto thats considering moving lets all move to this area and build a thriving moto scene,
It has to be warm , affordable
It could Maybe some where in Florida, Texas , Utah , Nevada ,Arizona,
We will all agree on a Place and Make it the New moto Mecca
What do yall think ?
Brent
3/25/2019 4:15pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unfortunately.
psg119 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
Our best bet is to start building tracks on closed down land fills where they cant build houses.
If it is gone, it is a major hit to SoCal riding and racing.

LE was never my favorite or even a very good place to ride, but if it is closed, that makes 12 tracks in 15 years around here that are now just a memory.

What is the future of this sport if all the tracks are gone?
MX114
3/25/2019 5:15pm
Not sure exactly the location but in 2005 there was this make shift track on a hillside area next to the I-15 somewhere close by Elsinore. My fellow NY buddy’s Paul and Jack Carpenter were renting a house with a Kawi mechanic during SX in Elsinore off the Baxter exit on the 15. One day jack and me road that free ride spot and had a blast. It was such a random little track and must of been 15-20 of us ripping Motos. Wonder if that spots still there? I’m guessing not it seemed likely to get shut down being where it was.
dimetime
3/25/2019 6:30pm
MX114 wrote:
Not sure exactly the location but in 2005 there was this make shift track on a hillside area next to the I-15 somewhere close by Elsinore...
Not sure exactly the location but in 2005 there was this make shift track on a hillside area next to the I-15 somewhere close by Elsinore. My fellow NY buddy’s Paul and Jack Carpenter were renting a house with a Kawi mechanic during SX in Elsinore off the Baxter exit on the 15. One day jack and me road that free ride spot and had a blast. It was such a random little track and must of been 15-20 of us ripping Motos. Wonder if that spots still there? I’m guessing not it seemed likely to get shut down being where it was.
The original Elsinore moto park was off the N\E side of the 15 right off Railroad Canyon Road.

Rode there a coulple times with my Dad in the early Seventies. It was like a mini Saddleback. They had a moto track, an oval, l think l remember a mini bike track too and some open riding. It was so long ago and l was a wee one but l think the main track did go up the side of the hill.

Don't know if this is what you found as l'm sure all the pros that live or lived there have had a hand in more that a few random tracks in the hills.
RexEasely
3/25/2019 7:05pm
MX114 wrote:
Not sure exactly the location but in 2005 there was this make shift track on a hillside area next to the I-15 somewhere close by Elsinore...
dimetime wrote:
The original Elsinore moto park was off the N\E side of the 15 right off Railroad Canyon Road. Rode there a coulple times with my Dad...
The original Elsinore moto park was off the N\E side of the 15 right off Railroad Canyon Road.

Rode there a coulple times with my Dad in the early Seventies. It was like a mini Saddleback. They had a moto track, an oval, l think l remember a mini bike track too and some open riding. It was so long ago and l was a wee one but l think the main track did go up the side of the hill.

Don't know if this is what you found as l'm sure all the pros that live or lived there have had a hand in more that a few random tracks in the hills.
Cool story. I would love to see pictures. I'm researching the old Irwindale raceway. T
Big E
3/25/2019 7:38pm
There is some land up in Hinkley by Barstow that would make a great MX track and it will never have an issue up there.
JWRM
3/25/2019 8:03pm
I posted this not too long ago when I showed up on an open day and was greeted with a closed gate and no warning, no signage, nothing. I was told at Milestone they got shuttered, but everyone else seemed to say it was because of the rains. I've been riding Elsinore for 20 years, so it really sucks to drive over there and see them closed. I did a lot of growing up there.
RexEasely
3/25/2019 8:56pm
Big E wrote:
There is some land up in Hinkley by Barstow that would make a great MX track and it will never have an issue up there.
Shocked
RexEasely
3/25/2019 8:59pm
RIP slimy Elsinore. Good luck putting home on that lake bes
Bruce372
3/25/2019 9:10pm
I thought they wanted to put houses up there before, but couldn't because someone explained it's a flood plain and the area has been flooded?
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
3/25/2019 9:14pm
Bruce372 wrote:
I thought they wanted to put houses up there before, but couldn't because someone explained it's a flood plain and the area has been flooded?
yup, that is my understanding as well... it's been designated as a flood plain and cannot be developed as housing...
RexEasely
3/25/2019 9:15pm
Bruce372 wrote:
Yeah,no way they put homes. I'm thinking it will be multilevel modern apartments with a community pool and a parking structure. These type of apartments seem to be the new trend.
Minus_2
3/26/2019 9:33am
Tarz483 wrote:
Maybe Best bet is for everyone into Moto to just pick another State/town and be like anyone into moto thats considering moving lets all move to...
Maybe Best bet is for everyone into Moto to just pick another State/town and be like anyone into moto thats considering moving lets all move to this area and build a thriving moto scene,
It has to be warm , affordable
It could Maybe some where in Florida, Texas , Utah , Nevada ,Arizona,
We will all agree on a Place and Make it the New moto Mecca
What do yall think ?
Utahn here. So far riding has been a mixed bag when it comes to tracks. In the last few years there have been a few tracks that have disappeared. Trails and free riding have been decent however.
3/26/2019 9:40am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Unfortunately.
psg119 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
They build houses on closed out landfill too. Even insanely expensive ones. Look at Foster City, CA: Median home value: $1.6m
psg119
3/26/2019 9:48am
Bruce372 wrote:
RexEasely wrote:
Yeah,no way they put homes. I'm thinking it will be multilevel modern apartments with a community pool and a parking structure. These type of apartments seem...
Yeah,no way they put homes. I'm thinking it will be multilevel modern apartments with a community pool and a parking structure. These type of apartments seem to be the new trend.
Maybe if they are going to make enough money they will develop something to help with flooding as well. And yeah those multilevels are all over Corona now. "Luxury Condos" is what they are calling them haha.
dirtmike86
3/26/2019 9:51am
psg119 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
They build houses on closed out landfill too. Even insanely expensive ones. Look at Foster City, CA: Median home value: $1.6m
No shit.... that's insane. Well we're screwed.
3/26/2019 10:05am
dirtmike86 wrote:
dirtmike86 wrote:
No shit.... that's insane. Well we're screwed.
To be fair, that was done a while ago. I think that would be much more difficult to do under current regulatory standards.
twizzler
3/26/2019 11:45am
So let's see, we've recently over the past few years lost; The Ranch/Ryno Land, Star West, Piru, Zaca Station, Competitive Edge and now Lake Elsinore. The last 3 in just a few months. .

What we have left; Perris, Milestone, Fox Raceway/Pala, Cahuilla, Glen Helen, Sunrise/Racetown 395 and LACR.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/26/2019 12:02pm
twizzler wrote:
So let's see, we've recently over the past few years lost; The Ranch/Ryno Land, Star West, Piru, Zaca Station, Competitive Edge and now Lake Elsinore. The...
So let's see, we've recently over the past few years lost; The Ranch/Ryno Land, Star West, Piru, Zaca Station, Competitive Edge and now Lake Elsinore. The last 3 in just a few months. .

What we have left; Perris, Milestone, Fox Raceway/Pala, Cahuilla, Glen Helen, Sunrise/Racetown 395 and LACR.
Rumor is LACR will only be around for another year or so... But don't forget we still have Cal City and Kern County.
jason486
Fantasy
1542nd
3/26/2019 3:37pm
I thought they were trying to build a track off the 71/91 prado raceway? What’s going on with that anyone know?
dynex987
3/26/2019 3:40pm
I called this morning and there was ni answer. I pulled up at the gate and it was unlocked but with a giant track closed sign. There was a RAM 1500 truck way in the back near where you pay that was pointed towards the street. So I guess this confirms it... I took some pictures as well. I dont undersand the politics of city zoning and how KB homes and others can shet out poor made homes everywhere yet a track that has been there for decades can get closed so quick.

itic

Post a reply to: Lake Elsinore Motocross track closed for good?

The Latest