Lake Elsinore Motocross Park

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2019 7:56 PM

My pops and I rolled up this morning and were met with a closed gate, which seemed really weird, with no warning on the website or anything. Nobody answered the phones, so we went to Milestone and had a really awesome day all the same. But we heard some talk that Elsinore got shut down. Have you guys heard anything about this? I know they've closed the doors in the past and have reopened, but we're just curious what's up. Anyone have any insight? After that "closed track" thread and thinking about Comp Park and Starwest, this has me worried.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 8:02 PM

Maybe because of the rain? The lake bottom dirt isn’t receptive to water.

|

3/4/2019 8:04 PM

KirkChandler wrote:

Maybe because of the rain? The lake bottom dirt isn’t receptive to water.

Ahhhh, yeah that could definitely be it.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 8:21 PM

JWRM wrote:

My pops and I rolled up this morning and were met with a closed gate, which seemed really weird, with no warning on the website or anything. Nobody answered the phones, so we went to Milestone and had a really awesome day all the same. But we heard some talk that Elsinore got shut down. Have you guys heard anything about this? I know they've closed the doors in the past and have reopened, but we're just curious what's up. Anyone have any insight? After that "closed track" thread and thinking about Comp Park and Starwest, this has me worried.

The state right on their site that they are closed because of flooding from the rain.

|

3/4/2019 8:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2019 8:26 PM

JWRM wrote:

barnett468 wrote:

The state right on their site that they are closed because of flooding from the rain.

I'm not seeing it man. Can you screenshot where you're seeing it? I checked this morning on mobile and am checking now on my PC and don't see that anywhere.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 8:27 PM

Rain issues, it will be all week long.

|

3/4/2019 8:29 PM

This is what I see on the home page. Photo

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 8:30 PM

avidchimp wrote:

Nice, good to hear it's not a big deal. Some dudes today were saying that they seemed doomed and it had me tripping out a bit.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 8:33 PM

avidchimp wrote:

JWRM wrote:

Nice, good to hear it's not a big deal. Some dudes today were saying that they seemed doomed and it had me tripping out a bit.

That said, the High Dez has been absolutely epic this year.

|

3/4/2019 8:38 PM

avidchimp wrote:

JWRM wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Dude, heck yeah, the weather and riding has been seriously sooo nice this year!

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 9:08 PM

Elsinore when it’s wet is... ice. They are right to wait and as said above the high dez is solid this year.

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

3/4/2019 9:22 PM

KBOLTZ wrote:

Elsinore when it’s wet is... ice. They are right to wait and as said above the high dez is solid this year.

Definitely. Ive rode Elsinore almost my whole life. It was just weird hearing rumors from other people that something more major happened, is all.

|

2001 RM125
2016 RMz450

3/4/2019 9:43 PM

avidchimp wrote:

JWRM wrote:

avidchimp wrote:

Man, so jealous of you guys getting to hit the hills and trails after these rains!!!!

|

3/4/2019 11:45 PM

KBOLTZ wrote:

JWRM wrote:

Definitely. Ive rode Elsinore almost my whole life. It was just weird hearing rumors from other people that something more major happened, is all.

Yea definitely glad to hear all nothing’s changed there

|

Ex Pro BMX rider. Lover of all 2 wheeled machines.

1978 XR75
1994 KX250
1997 KX250
2008 CRF450
2004 YZ250

3/5/2019 7:40 AM

JWRM wrote:

I'm not seeing it man. Can you screenshot where you're seeing it? I checked this morning on mobile and am checking now on my PC and don't see that anywhere.

I just looked and it is no longer on there which is odd. It as on there for 2 weeks up until 4 days ago when I last looked at it. I have to say that they aren't very good at posting notifications. I would guess that they are open now since their post saying they are closed is no longer up but I would definitely call first. I also wouldn't be surprised if they close because they don't have any big races there to generate money now that the truck series bailed and went to Glen Helen. I would be great if some of the other clubs raced there as well. At the moment, calvmx is the only club I know of that races there and that is only a couple times a year.

|

3/5/2019 9:08 AM

Not sure what is up with Elsinore Park. I haven't ridden there in a few years. But when they 1st re-opened and Marc Peters original main track design was awesome! Good prep also back then. Once they held their National the track went downhill and lost the 1st Peters design. I miss that track and would ride there most all the time if they still had that track design. Last time there the main wasn't prepped well and the main layout had no flow and the jumps were more pro level and not to my liking at all. So I never went back. Sucks because if they would have a good track that is rideable for 90% of us then I think they would have more business. I don't wish the place to close, but I do wish they would take care of their riding clients better.

|

3/5/2019 9:55 AM

twizzler wrote:

Not sure what is up with Elsinore Park. I haven't ridden there in a few years. But when they 1st re-opened and Marc Peters original main track design was awesome! Good prep also back then. Once they held their National the track went downhill and lost the 1st Peters design. I miss that track and would ride there most all the time if they still had that track design. Last time there the main wasn't prepped well and the main layout had no flow and the jumps were more pro level and not to my liking at all. So I never went back. Sucks because if they would have a good track that is rideable for 90% of us then I think they would have more business. I don't wish the place to close, but I do wish they would take care of their riding clients better.

Yeah, it certainly isn't like they have no room to make a good track there or change they big one they have. Even the pros don't ride the big track now, so it must be lame.

|

3/5/2019 9:56 AM

twizzler wrote:

I agree. Marc had that track awesome and fun!

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/5/2019 9:58 AM

twizzler wrote:

Stop posting my thoughts and feelings.. blink laughing

|

3/5/2019 12:40 PM

MEGA, Make Elsinore Great Again. Not sure it was ever great, but it was good. Whatever happened to Marc Peters? Haven't heard his name around SoCal tracks in quite some time. It takes $ to build a track, equipment, etc., it also takes riders paying $ to ride. It's like a chicken and egg thing. Have to spend $ to make $. Not sure Elsinore has $ to spend. As most of us here at least don't ride there much anymore and attendance is way down. Not good for the track and not good for us riders. I would for sure ride there again if the old Peter's track came back and prep is good. But odds of that happening are not likely.

|

3/5/2019 12:43 PM

twizzler wrote:

MEGA, Make Elsinore Great Again. Not sure it was ever great, but it was good. Whatever happened to Marc Peters? Haven't heard his name around SoCal tracks in quite some time. It takes $ to build a track, equipment, etc., it also takes riders paying $ to ride. It's like a chicken and egg thing. Have to spend $ to make $. Not sure Elsinore has $ to spend. As most of us here at least don't ride there much anymore and attendance is way down. Not good for the track and not good for us riders. I would for sure ride there again if the old Peter's track came back and prep is good. But odds of that happening are not likely.

Marc is living in San Clemente area still building tracks for some guys and I think still doing a few factory test tracks. I know he was out road biking with Barcia a few weeks ago. My dad talks to Marc, Stu and Sandra every once in a while.

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

3/5/2019 12:46 PM

I haven’t ridden there in a while but it was fun last summer/fall. I was riding there more then pala because I was enjoying the main there more.

|

3/5/2019 12:49 PM

twizzler wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Marc is living in San Clemente area still building tracks for some guys and I think still doing a few factory test tracks. I know he was out road biking with Barcia a few weeks ago. My dad talks to Marc, Stu and Sandra every once in a while.

Good to know Marc is still involved in track building. Wish he would get contracted to again rebuild Elsinore. I guy can dream right...

|

3/5/2019 12:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/5/2019 12:52 PM

temporarily_locked wrote:

I haven’t ridden there in a while but it was fun last summer/fall. I was riding there more then pala because I was enjoying the main there more.

Good to know.

|

3/5/2019 12:54 PM

twizzler wrote:

mattyhamz2 wrote:

twizzler wrote:

Good to know Marc is still involved in track building. Wish he would get contracted to again rebuild Elsinore. I guy can dream right...

CMC went there a lot for that little while that Marc was doing the track, and man it was awesome! Reminded me of Elsinore when I was a kid in 2000-2001. I enjoyed it. After Marc was out, I haven't been back. He's a guy that knows how to build/make a fun and technical track for everyone. And the prep was always really good!

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

3/5/2019 12:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2019 9:44 AM

Weird late double post

|

3/5/2019 9:27 PM

Like most of us I grew up at Elsinore riding the Vet and old GFI track on my kx65.... good times. When it reopened in 2012 that back triple step up and the track layout in general was so much fun. Have not ridden there since like 2016, just hard to bring myself to go there these days when milestone and GH are closer. Where is this closed tracks thread OP mentioned?

|

Don't ever let facts get in the way of a great story

3/5/2019 10:23 PM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

Like most of us I grew up at Elsinore riding the Vet and old GFI track on my kx65.... good times. When it reopened in 2012 that back triple step up and the track layout in general was so much fun. Have not ridden there since like 2016, just hard to bring myself to go there these days when milestone and GH are closer. Where is this closed tracks thread OP mentioned?

Triple step up with floater table right after it... money.

|

3/6/2019 9:09 AM

I wouldn’t be surprised to see houses built on the Elsinore property in the next few years.

|

3/6/2019 9:14 AM

hubbardmx50 wrote:

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/List-of-MX-Tracks-that-closed,1355404

|

2017 RMZ450
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F